The online racing simulator
Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :lol
please dude stop

stating its a compitition will open so many more stupid reasons in how a race is a compitition what are you defining as a race ?

Grip
Sprint
Speed
Drag

thease all have handycaps + -points for contact etc same as any drift "race/compitition/motorsport". so why are you saying drifting is lesser a sport than what you call racing, last time a checked prizes and trophys were given out in all of them. so realy there all motorsports in diffrent classes/catogries, with 1 goal TO WIN.

Is your IQ below 80? I mean, even my pet hamster is more clever than you are .

Racing is all about the speed, the fastest to the line wins. Drifting uses cars too, but it's main purpose is not to be the first to the line.

If you still don't get it, you're a retard.
!!! BUMP

what about the cruise servers then

[LTC]
[CLC]

is that a race to get the most points or gold coins ?
Quote from wikipedia :
- Overtaking the lead car under drift conditions almost always wins that pass.

Well the point of a drift battle is style off course but if you overtake thats an automatic win. So the point can still be to arrive first at the finish line but under DRIFT conditions as they say in wikipedia and if you make a pass in grip conditions the pass doesnt count.

Drifting has nothing to do with racing really but why do people hate drifters so much :S Its fun drifting and more of a thrill racing so if u feel like having some intense racing go race and if you just want to relax go drift or drifting can be intense aswell if its a drift battle.

Now the topic is a drift AI... That's pointless....
Give him a set up and he'll start sliding but why twin drift with an AI
Go to a drift server and twin or battle people there for fun.
OH PLEASE!
This is going to end in one of those flamewars, please just stop it, please. Cruising is not racing, drifting is not racing, it`s their kind of...driving a car, NOW everybody happy kk?
Quote from evilpimp :Well the point of a drift battle is style off course but if you overtake thats an automatic win. So the point can still be to arrive first at the finish line but under DRIFT conditions as they say in wikipedia and if you make a pass in grip conditions the pass doesnt count.

Drifting has nothing to do with racing really but why do people hate drifters so much :S Its fun drifting and more of a thrill racing so if u feel like having some intense racing go race and if you just want to relax go drift or drifting can be intense aswell if its a drift battle.

Now the topic is a drift AI... That's pointless....
Give him a set up and he'll start sliding but why twin drift with an AI
Go to a drift server and twin or battle people there for fun.

i reply the same
Lol but the point of a drift battle is somewhat getting to the finishline first so

I seriously cant understand how someone six years younger than I thinks they know it all if you actually read my posts you'll understand, I'm trying to explain drifting is no lesser a sport then racing I have listed the definitions of “race” earlier in this thread in a hope to show what your referring to racing would be classed as a type of Motorsports i.e.. Sprint, Grip. Etc...

IM NOT SAYING
Drifting is a race to the finish line

to hrtburnout
I don`t say that it`s anything wrong with drifting, I just saying it`s wrong to compare and trying finding similarities with rally and such.
I have no grudge against you, I just want to point out my oppinion, and probally most people oppinion - drifint is drifting, racing is racing.

Drift haters aren't aknowleging the fact that there is more than one kind of drifting where you get scores per andle&speed.

Just stop this flamewar and don't try to put you and your "Racing" above Drifting, please.
Rally includes drifting, yes drifting it is just that it's not called drifting when you do in rally during cornering.
Driting is also present in road racing but well not all commentators say look he's drifting.

Just stop the antidriftwhine for once because you know very well it's (drifting) there...
Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :Right I gotta say

1) Live for speed is a racing Simulator
2) Drifting is racing
3) to Drive a car and win requires Skill

im realy fed up of ppl telling me drifting isnt racing it is go to japan go to well anywere any drift comp you will enter normaly refers to you as "racer" racer 102 and racer 203 to the line please is what youll here

to answer the question on AI Drifting is mabe in a few more years with the way AI is goin yes they might be able to drift its mainly the throttle control and the angle of the car up and down shifting that would have to go in unlike racing you cant take the same corner drifting as you could last time round drifting dosnt go on for 30 laps theres about 2 mabe even a sprint drift,

so to sum up

*drifting is racing
*AI drift aint gonna be about for a while yet (yes i know about Drift City, but i dont call tht drift)
*Anytype of racing requres diffrent skills

:sadbanana
IM NOT SAYING

Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :IM NOT SAYING

read it wrong but stoll your other posts make u look like a noob
This has to be the longest time ive ever been in a forum

i love to drift
i love to race
i love the rally
i love you all

call it all what you will its all good these threads prove how much we love it all

good day to you all sirs

:Handshake

:detective

:rally_dri

C ya peeps GL & GG
Quote from ajp71 :It says 'Live for Speed: Online Racing Simulator'

Drag racing is a form of racing, admittedly pretty unimaginative and without stupidly powerful cars it is exceptionally boring driving in a straight line.

I agree totally, it's boring when you haven't got any fish-tailing to control, and you are just trying to make your shift-limbo-times less than the other people you are racing, in order to get ahead.
Drifting is a motorsport but it's not racing.
Trial Biking is also a Motorsport, but THAT isn't racing EITHER, so Scawen won't include these, as it's not racing (if he will stand by the title of the game)
Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :
I seriously cant understand how someone six years younger than I thinks they know it all

What does age have to do with it? Being older makes you know better? In that case I win.
Quote from joen :What does age have to do with it? Being older makes you know better? In that case I win.

Don't do that Jeroen, even your excellent English means you WIN aswell, so... you just owned the world basically Jeroen
Oh please Blueflame, please ok?
/lock
To quote a famous Australian , Drifting is when your boat runs out of fuel...

I beleive if it doesnt burn fuel its not sport,drifting has proven me wrong.I am now aware that burning fuel can result in dancing as well.

Each to there own but end of story its a racing sim, pure and simple the fact that its so adaptable is a result of good programming not the desire to promote drift and cruising as an alternative life style..
I can just imagine a button to make A.I drift..
140 down the straight .. click the button.. BANG! 45 degree angle in a straight like, ooooh the smoke.

-_-
Quote from Danielw597 :I can just imagine a button to make A.I drift..
140 down the straight .. click the button.. BANG! 45 degree angle in a straight like, ooooh the smoke.

-_-

-_- I totally agree, lol that would be horrible fail.
I think its fun reading everybodys over emphasized/exagerated oppinions from both "pure racers" and "pure drifters". The over exagerated oppinions bring funny images to mind that I cant help but laugh at.
This thread is closed

Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG