The online racing simulator
Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
nice,but..

[ivandrago] i must crush you[/ivandrago] lol jk
OK, special request from SpeedyKev whom supplied the picture himself
Attached images
astonrush_speedykev.jpg
Hey LawVS, I love those pics and especially the distance blur, could you tell me wich blur you used to map the alpha channel to. Because the blur looks a tad different than usual.
Also, you said you didnt use the default motionblur but some clever ones? Wich ones?
Well, what I meant by clever motion blur is that through layer masks I could remove the blur around the car itself leaving that clean and the blur effect all around it. To smooth of the lines, simple old gaussian blur. It's more effective and a bit more realisitic. If you ever notice action shots in which the scenery is moving quickly and the car doesn't appear to be, kinda like that.
Quote from LawVS :OK, special request from SpeedyKev whom supplied the picture himself

very nice Law =)
Quote from LawVS :If you ever notice action shots in which the scenery is moving quickly and the car doesn't appear to be, kinda like that.

you do know the reason for that right?

focused object; and of course einstein's theory of relativity
-
(MorfeasFX) DELETED by MorfeasFX
Quote from XCNuse :you do know the reason for that right?

focused object; and of course einstein's theory of relativity

Thanks for that XC @_@ Ain't done physics for a while, shows doesn't it? XD
I don't think Einsteins theories of relativity (Special or General flavours) come into that. It's just the camera panning with the car, and a suitably fast frame rate, that freezes the car (no relative motion), but blurs the background (lots of relative motion).

Einsteins theories have nothing to do with it (other than time being different for the driver and the photograher).
its called.... bending the truth
ok ok I'm sorry XC ><
Right, I got more than one edited pic to share with y'all. The first one was a deadheat on SO Classic between me and sinbad. There was only 0.02 seconds in it and the game had to take 7 seconds to compute the winning time which was mine :P Still, it was a great finish!
Attached images
deadheat.jpg
speedy_battleforposition.jpg
speedykev_lead.jpg
very nice again Law, someones getting very good at this hehe :P
Nice! Keep up that the good work LawVS!
very nice but what's up with the motion blurred wheels everytime? I have never seen that kind of blur in my life..
My (crap) edits >.<

Don't read the license plate, PLEASE!!!
Quote from (SaM) :very nice but what's up with the motion blurred wheels everytime? I have never seen that kind of blur in my life..

I seem to have presumed that the wheels move all the time when they don't XD dw, these will be rectified in future pictures. Thanks for pointing it out.
this is my little hot rod UFR :monkey:
Attached images
my rod.JPG
Some mine from yesterdays race
Attached images
b_01.jpg
b_02.jpg
b_03.jpg
b_04.jpg
b_05.jpg
Very nice edits Berca. Seems like a good race too Love how you blur some cars, and not the others. Adds a special "something" to it.
Very nice work Berca, very nice indeed, its good to see someone not go over the top with blur, its great! Excellent use of it as well, well done!

Drain
here's my latest. Called "summer"

enjoy
Attached images
summer.jpg
Quote from (SaM) :very nice but what's up with the motion blurred wheels everytime? I have never seen that kind of blur in my life..

Artistic licence
#123 - Don
Quote from snewham :here's my latest. Called "summer"

enjoy

check topright corner
Quote from Don :check topright corner

And the bottom middle of the sky.
Edit- And the grass and road should not be blurred. True, it adds a somewhat effect, but I just don't really think it's necessary.

Don't mind the hood in the Attatched image, it was carboned, but resized and made smaller, so therefore the carbon effect looks rather...err. Stuipid to say the least.
Attached images
sig6.jpg
lol oh yeh

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG