The online racing simulator
Driving/Cruise simulators?
(36 posts, started )
What about Grand Theft Auto San Andreas or Vice City
You've got racer - www.racer.nl (which simax to the graphics engine off i think)...
Good ol' Midtown Madness 1 & 2. Very old games now but quite fun still.
Quote from beefyman666 :Good ol' Midtown Madness 1 & 2. Very old games now but quite fun still.

There ya go. Midtown Madness 2 cops-n-robbers was an absolute blast.
Have you tried the Bus Simulator game and Rigs Of Rods?
There is also a Euro Truck Simulator coming out pretty soon.

Rigs Of Rods: http://www.rigsofrods.com/

Bus Game and Other games: http://www.scssoft.com/

The new 18 Wheels Of Steel Game looks good!
Quote from Danzig :Have you tried the Bus Simulator game and Rigs Of Rods?
There is also a Euro Truck Simulator coming out pretty soon.

Rigs Of Rods: http://www.rigsofrods.com/

Bus Game and Other games: http://www.scssoft.com/

The new 18 Wheels Of Steel Game looks good!

Bus Driver = Fail

Rigs of Rods = Clever

18 Wheels of Steel series = Alright if you are bored and like driving fairly slow.
Each one varies in 'goodness'.
Across America was the first one which was average, then Pedal To The Metal which was the one which could be heavily modded.
Then along came Convoy which was slightly different from the first two. Then after that came Haulin' and American Long Haul which are pretty much the same.

The truck game to look out for is Rig n Roll. It's not out yet but it's said to be multiplayer which could be quite cool.
Mafia, even that it's not a driving game it has clutch support.
Quote from deggis :Mafia, even that it's not a driving game it has clutch support.

Totally, completely agree.

You get to shoot people up and drive their cars, too.
Quote from yoyoML :Totally, completely agree.

You get to shoot people up and drive their cars, too.

He asked for a simulator, thats only a simulator if you live in America.
Quote from The General Lee :He asked for a simulator, thats only a simulator if you live in America.

What does being shot while driving at have to do with America?
Mafia is set in America.

Careful, you might get banned again
Quote from The General Lee :Mafia is set in America.

Careful, you might get banned again

Careful, you might get whacked if you come to America.

I know every time I walk out the door I see gangsters chasing each other around in cars from the 1930's, their tommy guns pointed out the windows and yelling at each other in Italian.
Going "Ehhh, Pauly...Come 'ere"
Oh yeah, and don't forget the zoot suits. All the Italians here wear them.
Quote from Forbin :Careful, you might get whacked if you come to America.

I know every time I walk out the door I see gangsters chasing each other around in cars from the 1930's, their tommy guns pointed out the windows and yelling at each other in Italian.

Does this happen all the time or only after you've marathon watched Godfather trilogy?
Quote from beefyman666 :The truck game to look out for is Rig n Roll. It's not out yet but it's said to be multiplayer which could be quite cool.

That would be Rig'n'Roll 3
R'n'R 2 is out for a long time, played it a few years back, the graphics are prehistoric, but the game is alright...
RnR has been in development for 6+ years, I wouldn't get my hopes up over it getting released anytime soon.
Quote from squidhead :That would be Rig'n'Roll 3
R'n'R 2 is out for a long time, played it a few years back, the graphics are prehistoric, but the game is alright...

A quick Google and it didn't find any Rig n Roll 2 or 3. There's only 1 and it's not out.

You sure you're not on about Hard Truck 1 & 2? They're made by the same people.

Quote from Xaid0n :RnR has been in development for 6+ years, I wouldn't get my hopes up over it getting released anytime soon.

I've read somewhere that it has been sent to Intel for testing. I thought you were taking the piss thats its been in development for about 6 years, but just read it on the site.

We'll wait and see when it turns up. None the less it's looking good.
lol I've been following the trucking games on truckpol, many people are pissed off with waiting for it... apparently they have only just finished the game's story mode and world environment (buying trucks, route mapping etc), graphics look nice but I don't think I would buy it when it eventually comes out.
Truckpol was where I read it I think. I'd probably still get it just for the multiplayer factor, aslong as it's not just 'a race in the middle of no where' like a lot have said on there.

Failing that, Euro Truck Sim looks alright. Just a shame they haven't modeled euro trailers, instead using the 18WOS series, changing the wheels and adding an extra axle.
Quote from beefyman666 :You sure you're not on about Hard Truck 1 & 2? They're made by the same people.

Went to wiki and it gave no answers, went on to make my own research

the Rig'n'roll you talk about is being made by Russian studio Softlab NSK, and published by 1C. Russian name for the game is "Dalnoboyshiki" (Дальнобойщики 3) which literary translates as "Truckers 3"

The first part of the game was translated as Hard Truck : Road to victory

The second game is difficult to understand
Дальнобойщики 2

screeny here
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... 09%2C07%2816-48-08%29.jpg
if you look at the background of this picture - you can see the R'n'R logo which is present in the game almost everywhere...
like here - at the top of the menu
http://www.i2r.ru/static/543/imgs/simul/snap001.jpg
it had a lot of files inside called RnR and STILL it's called Hard Truck outside the ex-USSR coutries, and it was called Rig'n'Roll in the official manual for the game...

the third game of the series will be called Rig'n'Roll...and it's not out yet

weird...

Quote from Xaid0n :RnR has been in development for 6+ years, I wouldn't get my hopes up over it getting released anytime soon.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl was in development for 6 years too, and it's one of the best games I have seen... I really hope RnR will repeat the sucess of Stalker
#22 - JTbo
Hard Truck : Road to victory

That one was best of series, it had ton of bugs of course, but it was good as there were no silly gameplay coolness stuff, just truck that you had to drive and goods to be delivered.

Also longest routes were quite long, that was nice. At least I think it was that one that I did play years ago but it does not run in XP anymore
First truck sim I played was the original Hard Truck. Ran like crap on my old PC but it was pretty fun still.

I remember the stupid cheat where you could drive a fantasy F1 style car, towing a trailer at over 200mph.
Quote from deggis :Mafia, even that it's not a driving game it has clutch support.

mafia 2 is planned for q4 of 2008
Quote from kiss me :mafia 2 is planned for q4 of 2008

OMG! MAFIA IS PLANNED FOR QUAKE 4!
wait...something isn't right here

Driving/Cruise simulators?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG