The online racing simulator
Bring Back Digital Speedo!!
(193 posts, started )

Poll : I Prefer To Have An Option Of

Digital Speedo, Needle Type
Needle Type
Digital Speedo
No Speedo
Quote from Gunn :I added an option to the poll: No Speedo.

LMAO - lol that's insane all together
Quote from Gunn :I added an option to the poll: No Speedo.

Now THAT would be interesting
#53 - Rish
Quote from DrDNA :Personally, I'd rather Scawen just make the numbers easier to read than bring the digital speedos back.

+1 its not easy to just glance at the speedo and check how fast/slow your going, i used to use the digital speedo to check speeds into/out of corners in practice because you'd know if you were 1mph slow out or not but using the needle you just cant be as precise! IMO
Quote from dmwright :LMAO - lol that's insane all together

Be grateful, if Gunn had his way we'd have no cars post 1969
Quote from dmwright :LMAO - lol that's insane all together

Not really if I hadn't already voted I'd have at least considered it myself definately RPM should be much more prominante in race cars than speedo. It's just the road cars that would more likely have a speedo than a large RPM dial.

Quote from Mazz4200 :Be grateful, if Gunn had his way we'd have no cars post 1969

Well what would be wrong with that as lad the belief that real cars stopped being produced between 1967-1972 was firmly implanted. That did remain true for about 20 years imo
Quote from Glenn67 :Not really if I hadn't already voted I'd have at least considered it myself definately RPM should be much more prominante in race cars than speedo. It's just the road cars that would more likely have a speedo than a large RPM dial.

Lol, but I really coundn't really really imagine that could you . Especially in real road cars . I was wondering if it was you who voted for No speedo but... You already have voted

Matty
Quote from dmwright :Lol, but I really coundn't really really imagine that could you . Especially in real road cars . I was wondering if it was you who voted for No speedo but... You already have voted

Matty

Hmm I'm getting a reputation it's totally unwarranted I tell you
Quote from Glenn67 :Well what would be wrong with that as lad the belief that real cars stopped being produced between 1967-1972 was firmly implanted. That did remain true for about 20 years imo

Without a shadow of doubt the pinnacle of car production reached its zenith in the period 1962-1969, and quite frankly has yet to be surpassed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_Sebring

(Sorry for off topic Matty)
Quote from Mazz4200 :Without a shadow of doubt the pinnacle of car production reached its zenith in the period 1962-1969, and quite frankly has yet to be surpassed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_Sebring

(Sorry for off topic Matty)

Lol it's alright as they say it's a 'free world'. That's Why i wonder each time why can't my dad floor it on roads . By the way the car looks like abit like a Jaguar at some extent .

Matty
Quote from The Very End :Sorry for going off topic, but isn`t MPH just something that the american does? I belived most people who doesn`t lived in cage`s used km/h?

I'm American, I don't live in a cage, and I use km/h in LFS
Also, in the case of the digital speedo being removed, I haven't been able to test it, as I haven't been able to play LFS since Monday. Biggest power outage in state history, and the power at my place is estimated to be restored tomorrow. Been in a hotel room since Tuesday.
A car that would have a Digital speedometer in real life should have it in LFS. I haven't even been in a car with a digital speedometer in real life.
Quote from h3adbang3r :Also, in the case of the digital speedo being removed, I haven't been able to test it, as I haven't been able to play LFS since Monday. Biggest power outage in state history, and the power at my place is estimated to be restored tomorrow. Been in a hotel room since Tuesday.

Unlucky Mate. How about renting/buying a genorator?

Anyway,

I think the Toyota Yaris has one, that's off the top of my head anyway.
Quote from DrDNA :Personally, I'd rather Scawen just make the numbers easier to read than bring the digital speedos back.

I don't really care about digital/analog gauges, I juts want to read them from the default driver's position. We should check the splits, instead of checking the speedo during taking corners.

But if there is a gauge, I want to read what it shows. Or Scavier should can them anyway.
In a Porsche Boxster 2000 the analog speedo did show the numbers: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250. The marks between the numbers helped to read them. You weren't able to say your exact speed, but it was around 170. In the FZ50 there are so much numbers, I got scared.

Other gauges aren't able to read: in UF, I can't see which gear I'm in. These needed only position correction.
#68 - Gunn
Quote from Mazz4200 :Be grateful, if Gunn had his way we'd have no cars post 1969

Yeah, we'd all be driving the Ferrari GTO. Oh, hang on....that didn't have a speedo.
Quote from Gunn :yeah, we'd all be driving the Ferrari GTO. Oh, hang on....that didn't have a speedo.

Your obessed with car's which don't have speedo's
#70 - Gunn
When it comes to the speedos in LFS I'm actually impartial since I don't use the speedo in LFS.
Quote from Gunn :Yeah, we'd all be driving the Ferrari GTO. Oh, hang on....that didn't have a speedo.

Lol, you planned to reply to that in the 69th post of this thread just to prove a point didn't you nice.

And i didn't say it was a bad thing, read my post's at 45 and 61
#72 - Gunn
Quote from Mazz4200 :Lol, you planned to reply to that in the 69th post of this thread just to prove a point didn't you nice.

Yeah I have septic, err.., I mean psychic powers.
Done a quick photochop. I can dream 'til it happens.
Attached images
GTR digidash.jpg
Quote from beefyman666 :Done a quick photochop. I can dream 'til it happens.

Digital dashboards were the worst inovation ever in production cars and should be left back in the 80's were they belong I cant begin to say how ugly they were in comparison to a nice set of analogs why do you think most sensible car maufactures reverted back to analog so quickly the public outcry against digital gauges was deafening!

Maybe it's not the same in LFS but irl analogs are far more easily read at a glance than a digital read out.

Hmm what I really want for xmas is a set of real analog gauges linked to LFS via outgauge
Quote from dmwright :Hi Guys,

I'v noticed that Digital Speedo has gone but I thought is it really a good move? New cars are actully having Digital Speedo's instead of the needle type. I was wondering, was it a step to try and get the game more realistic or am I the only one who uses them?

Anyway To get a guidence what people think, Please take the time to vote on the pole .

I love So6 + FMB combo Btw

Matty

I don't care what it is, if i get to choose, i suppose it is just a bonus.

Bring Back Digital Speedo!!
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG