(193 posts, started )

Poll : I Prefer To Have An Option Of

Digital Speedo, Needle Type
Needle Type
Digital Speedo
No Speedo
Digital speedoooooooooooooooooooo...:worried:
#27 - aoun
Needle type, but IMO (NOT WANTING NFS, SO RELAX), each car should have their own tachometer design. Nothing special, just plain. Eg, bmw have a black background with white then orange. very simple, and ford i have has a blue background etc. its nothing big..
Digital Speedo 4 Life
Quote from dmwright :Yep, I think that would be a good idea. The thing i'v noticed on the FBM is that, You can't see the speedo at all.

FBM digi dash = fail I think. Like you said, it's way too small to be able to read without having a stupidly low FOV.

Quote from DeKo :i have a hunch that this type of thing will come with the cockpit updates planned for the GTR's. They have the road car interiors with a bit of steel tubing, when they get a proper racing car interior i can see this happening.

I think you could be on to something there. Let's just hope it happens as it would be awesome.
I think this change is good for racing , It's one less distraction that takes your eyes of your line and the traffic around you, Splits next please.

The car will tell you more than any digital speedo about how fast you are going ,GPL did and LFS is even better in this respect.

In a race the speedo is your fellow racer watch them and act accordingly
Yeah.... bring it back in a choose option.

Vote for digital and analog.
Quote from DrDNA :Personally, I'd rather Scawen just make the numbers easier to read than bring the digital speedos back.

me too. the FZ50's 160-240 numbers are a bit squshed.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :me too. the FZ50's 160-240 numbers are a bit squshed.

Use MPH instead, less numbers on the speedo.
bring digital speedo back... some new cars have those type of speedos i dont think whats the problem
Quote from beefyman666 :Use MPH instead, less numbers on the speedo.

then I can't tell where the speed limit is!
For mine I think keep them out, leave the digital speedos to arcade games. Actually listening to the car is going to tell you more than a speedometer, anyhow.

In a race the last thing that's on my mind is how fast I'm going, unless I'm heading to pit lane, if you're focusing on your speed in a race, it's going to cause accidents.

Sorry if this post comes across as aggressive, I don't mean any malice.

Each to his own, but I think leave them out =]
I like it the way it is now. Of course I`m slow as hell, and when Im not using FF (something I never do) then it`s really hard to "feel" to speed and such in corners Still, very fun and I like it, maybe there will be harder for the aliens and more hope for us n00bs
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :then I can't tell where the speed limit is!

You only really need to know one speed limit, the pits. 80kph = 48mph.

If you're on about knowing the speeds for corners, you should be able to feel whats fast enough.
I meant pit speedlimit. screw the speedlimit on cruise servers
It's 48mph or 80km/h that's the only time you need to know your speed in LFS
Sorry for going off topic, but isn`t MPH just something that the american does? I belived most people who doesn`t lived in cage`s used km/h?
Quote from The Very End :Sorry for going off topic, but isn`t MPH just something that the american does? I belived most people who doesn`t lived in cage`s used km/h?

Well I don't live in a Cage nor do I live in America and I use Mph
Quote from JohnPenn :I think this change is good for racing , It's one less distraction that takes your eyes of your line and the traffic around you, Splits next please.

The car will tell you more than any digital speedo about how fast you are going ,GPL did and LFS is even better in this respect.

In a race the speedo is your fellow racer watch them and act accordingly

Yeah real good points there, especially about the splits. In GPL all you'd get is a tiny little pit board once a lap (unless you had that timing mod), and if you where in the midst of some action and missed it when it appeared you had know idea what your lap times where or even what lap you were on. Which in my opinion was/is a good thing. Many a time i'd end a 20 lap race and find out i'd set blistering new PB''s lap after lap. Last night i was racing the RAC at SOchicane, on lap 3 i took 2seconds off my pb, was so stunned and excited i promptly binned it at the very next corner.

Just wish we could get exploding engines and gearboxes in LFS too.
The way I see it, the British thought of something, then the Americans used it.

So us Brits used MPH before the US did.

My old motorbike had KPH speedo and it took a while to get used to, although it still had MPH inside of the KPH but in smaller text.
Quote from dmwright :Well I don't live in a Cage nor do I live in America and I use Mph

So it`s those two cave`s America and England that still uses it?
But to be serious here, it`s more fun using km/h, because the numbers getting bigger If I watch Nascar I allways end up comparing the speed with km/h.
I always raced with the digital speedometer before X30, but now when it's removed i find myself being more consistent as i don't have to look at the dash constantly. So i think we need to get used to it, it's not all that bad. However now I'm using the FOV of 65 instead of the old 85 and it feels a lot more realistic with the 45 degree side view added now. So basically, for me, the changes have been perfect. More realism in every sense.

And as for the FBM, i just turn off the steering wheel and everything is a lot more visible. In fact i always turn off the steering wheel, because it's really disorientating, specially in the road cars (MOMO).

(avoiding the word "speedo" for obvious reasons)
Quote from beefyman666 :The way I see it, the British thought of something, then the Americans used it.

So us Brits used MPH before the US did.

My old motorbike had KPH speedo and it took a while to get used to, although it still had MPH inside of the KPH but in smaller text.

Ah who needs speed limits in real life anyway
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :then I can't tell where the speed limit is!

When using MPH, all you have to care of is to not go over 50 (That's the line between 40 and 60) so basically, it's easy to see this than trying to loo kat the 245 digits of the km/h speedo. I was using digital km/h speedo before the patch, now I moved to better waters...
#50 - Gunn
I added an option to the poll: No Speedo.

Bring Back Digital Speedo!!
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG