The online racing simulator
Are the ZWR boys here yet? I retired from my pathetic attempt at "racing" until a new physics incompatible patch came out... well, looks like I'm back!

Now the game is a lot more fun and it finaly lost that "hypnotic feeling" that it had before... but maybe it's just my 30fps comp.
harder? yes please...
I like it being more hardcore (even though seeing people spinout the FBM today at blackwood made me laugh, I think that THEY are not enjoying the new patch )
In for sure... Finally I won't get laughed at for lifting during shifts

Absolutely loving the new patch \o/
I am in definately.

Just spent a good few hours playing with the new car, the new track and the AI. All good (the AI - all 17 of them (another 2 crashed) - wiped the floor with me) no problems yet at all

Then, I tried the good old XFG at BL1. My god it is hard! That little cars clutch was hotter than the sun before I had even done 5 laps! Lesson learnt: my driving style = clutch killer!

So I spent a few hours adapting my driving style, using the clutch with auto clutch off, and it is SO much more realistic! I absolutely love it. Lifting off the accelerator and then clutching down (on the G25) then changing gear, then waiting for the right revs before lifting clutch and accelerating again - feels so nice.

On the downside, not sure how this will be when I am racing a league race and others are not using a G25 and can change gear faster (due to no physical clutch and using auto-clutch) bet hey, I'll cross that bridge later.

For now, me in club!!

Tim
Im joining too, OH BIG TIME!!
Count me in for sure!!

Make it real, make it raw, I LOVE IT!!
I'll join!

EDIT: even though I've only done 3 laps of SO6 with the FBM with the mouse
Joining for sure even tho ill miss smashing that clutch :'(

xP

But definitly makes racing experience way more realistic and the more realistic the better so I like it. Umm its pretty hard to stall the engin tho. Took me quite a bit of time to manage to stall and im not even sure how it happened.

Love the realistic redlines and how the clutch slips.

-Tea
Quote from ajp71 :You're using too soft a compound of tire, try some harder ones....

Shouldi really have to for 2 laps?
Quote from BenjiMC :Shouldi really have to for 2 laps?

Put some realistic pressures to tires then, that should help too, half empty tires are not so good at resisting wear and heat
I'm late, but I'll gladly join your little club.
Here's to realism
:banana:

I would love to see a reply of sensible driving that wears out the tires in two laps. I've been watching the AI run a lot today, looking for bugs in the latest patch, and they can go over 40 laps (and could probably easily do 50) in the GTR cars without overheating or wearing out the tires (the new, easier to overheat and faster-wearing tires, I might add). If you can't make it two laps, you're doing something very wrong.
I also have interestings in joining.
the more realism, the better

If you insist on using a setup that probably isn't realistic driven badly then I guess maybe, but seriously what the hell are you doing to wear the tires out in two laps? I found the tires on the default FBM set went after about 10 laps, which is the longest run I've done in the new patch.
i love the new car (especially with the mouse )

now if eric were to put all noteworthy revisions of blackwood into the final y patch i would be ecstatic (plus i really dont like the new one with the fo8)
i did a 2:21 on AS4 with the FZR. I'm using a race set from patch X that would last for 25 laps and i have put full pressures in the tyres. Will upload a replay soon.
Replay. Can't load the setup for obvious reasons.
Attached files
AS4 hotlap.spr - 158.6 KB - 178 views
Quote from hda :can i have a member card as well?

ajp, nice signature. Maybe we can get one of those image banner things.

There is pic of me, good one
/me joins.

and i should have s2 in a few days. providing i can find a way to pay, i have no CC or paypal, so idk what to do.
I love that patch! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the 45° look and the need to use two buttons to get 90°.
Im really really happy about the improvementes to make LFS a better, more realistic race simulator, while more complex is more fun ^^.
At the start i had to get used to the new things and all, getting out my bad habits.
Loving the patch, and hoping that LFS get even more realistic and harder, theres a lot to do, but im very happy with this getting better little by little

I'll join the "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now" club

:balloons:
Quote from JTbo :
There is pic of me, good one

Sry JT, changed it on ya while you added your pic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG