The online racing simulator
A really, really tiny 'bug' in the interface...the transmission descriptions don't begin with capital letters (e.g. 'sequential gearbox' instead of 'Sequential gearbox').

It's not really a bug I suppose, but it looked wrong to me.
Quote from StewartFisher :A really, really tiny 'bug' in the interface...the transmission descriptions don't begin with capital letters (e.g. 'sequential gearbox' instead of 'Sequential gearbox').

It's not really a bug I suppose, but it looked wrong to me.

I'm fussy about things like that too. I guess you mean in the garage screen where is says "Transmission : gearbox type" ? The problem is in the player screen, it follows the string "Settings for " so it should not have a capital letter in that case.
Quote from Scawen :I'm fussy about things like that too. I guess you mean in the garage screen where is says "Transmission : gearbox type" ? The problem is in the player screen, it follows the string "Settings for " so it should not have a capital letter in that case.

Yes, that's what I meant...I didn't realise the strings were repeated elsewhere. I'm sure I can live with it!
Quote from Scawen :I'm fussy about things like that too. I guess you mean in the garage screen where is says "Transmission : gearbox type" ? The problem is in the player screen, it follows the string "Settings for " so it should not have a capital letter in that case.

If you're fussy about that kind of thing then please get Eric to spell 'centre' centre and not 'center' Alright I know it's not a bug but it bugs the hell outta me! (South city overhead signs by the gasometers)
I'll get me coat.
there is something strange about the axes / ff menu.

first time i started the new patch no axis worked. i replugged the usb connectors and reassigned everything, then it finally worked. dont remember what i did exactly, but at some point the available axes -list showed "x-axis" in every slot instead of all the axes i've got.

dfp and a microsoft wheel
Quote from Scawen :OK... so the controls screen works perfectly, as expected? And it's only going wrong when you are trying to drive the car? Is that the same for everyone?

Maybe classing it as an interface bug is a bit of a cock up.. Nonetheless, I've always had a similar problem to this using my Saitek gaming keyboard and my Saitek wheel. Windows recognises both as game controllers, and LFS seems to pick one over the other, in terms of what it will allow you to use - if that makes sense?

Basically LFS sees the "correct" number of games controllers, but only allows you to assign controls from one of them it seems. For example, when my gaming keyboard is fully hooked up without any disabled parts of the driver, LFS sees both my wheel, sees the gaming keyboard, but doesn't "see" the axis on the wheel (it doesn't display them) and therefore I cannot assign them to any controls.

There was something in the Technical Assistance subforum a several months back, but I think we all had the saitek keyboard, so we just assumed it was caused by that

Edit: I should also mention that setting the preference (Game Controllers > Advanced) in Game controllers, within the control panel, appears to make no difference in my situation.
LFSW pb bugs, today i was on a server on SO6, FBM, and some guys were having to pb's, one in Qualify, and the other on race, example, i get better time in qualy, and a bad laptime, and i get a pb on that bad laptime

EX.
Race: 1:08.xx
Qualy: 1:07xx

qualy 1st of course
Regarding the controller problem, lfs shows the axis correctly and assigns them correctly in the control section, but when you move the wheel or press the throttle nothing happens (although the axis slider does move. So this all happens before you even get to the race part, as in the controls screen. Hope this helps...
Quote from franky500 :hmm.. i have the same keyboard... looks like i'll have to dig out an old spare..... dissapointing

Quote from jasonmatthews :Found the problem. I have a saitek gaming pro keyboard, had to unplug and plug in a normal keyboard

BAH! Same keyboard.....no play for me.
Quote from E-Z.BasTi :Nearly same Problem here!

I am using Driving Force Pro. The Game shows me "5 Game-Controllers detected". But i only have one, the DFP.

Ok, on the right side he show me my axis (wheel, throttle, brake) and they are working. But if i put the throttle or something else, the pedal-balks are not moving! Same with the wheel, i turn it, axis move, but the wheel in game is not moving.

Pretty much the same problem here. I have a Saitek Eclipse USB Keyboard, a Logitech MX518 USB Mouse, and an MS Sidewinder USB FFB Wheel.

I set it up in 'Live for Speed S2 0.5X ALPHA' and it works great. I have had this game for just a few days and am not sure if that version is X10, but I assume it is.

I copied the game to a new folder and installed the X30 patch. When I go to the Controller page in Options, the red rectangle at the bottom of the screen does not move across the half circle. If I press the 'Axes / FF' button there are yellow/blue lines. If I move the Steering Wheel the yellow/blue line moves for 'X-Axis'. If I press the Throttle and Brake pedals the yellow/blue line moves for 'Y-Axis'. But the red rectangle no longer move across the half circle at the bottom of this page and the Wheel/Pedals do not function in the game.

I even tried deleting the 'cfg.txt' file and letting X30 create a new one from scratch to see if that would fix the problem, but it didn't help.

Both versions of the game say "5 Game-Controllers detected".

Without my Wheel working I won't be playing this X30 version and will just delete it.

But I hope that me and other people reporting this problem helps out.

Cheers
Smooth 'Button look' Problem
In the previous patch, the Smooth option for Button look worked fine when I looked behind me (smoothly looking back, instead of the Instant option). Now when I have it set to Smooth, it still acts as if it is set to Instant. Any ideas?
Quote from Scawen :OK... so the controls screen works perfectly, as expected? And it's only going wrong when you are trying to drive the car? Is that the same for everyone?

That isn't the case for me. I use the mouse for steering, braking, and throttle. In the past versions, I was able to select 'wheel/js' option in controls, and it would let me assign MouseX and MouseY for the appropriate controls. In this test patch I can still do that much, but afterwards nothing happens, like the axis I just assigned were completely ignored.
The curved steering graphic at the bottom of the screen that shows the movement of the steering does not move with my mouse, and the throttle and brake do not get applied. This is all happening inside the options menu, and also takes place while in a car.

:wtf2: Sorry Scawen, i was only trying with FXR (my favorite car) I just found out you can't drive it in H-shifter anymore. I tried some other cars and clutch works ok in manual. Sry to have mislead you.
#89 - JTbo
One G25 user reported that there was no movement from axis at setup controls screen, but after he touched handbrake it started to work normally again, might not help a lot as this has not been tested to be reproducible.

But maybe others could look if pressing some button will get axis to work?
I have the controller bug also....
The problem is getting this patch to recognise your wheel/pedals.

LFS detects them, but I cant assign any axis'

I fixed it by removing my 'sidewinder gamepad' - all axis' are selectable now.

The best way I can describe it.....

When you choose, say - 'steering' and you want to assign it to an axis, you turn the wheel so you know which axis is moving, then click on that axis.
With gamepads plugged in, the axis on the right that would normally move, indicating which axis is being used is static and unselectable.
I suppose this is an interface bug, when associating a .set file to open with lfs instead of copying it to the setups folder it still copies it to the settings folder
As this screen shows the default tach colors sometimes exactly match the ground color in south city, making it impossible to read(as in screenshot), I switched the colors to black so they are readable but maybe a better default or a drop shadow would help?
Attached images
screen.JPG

Nope. Control screen doesn't work correctly. When my "bad" gamepad is plugged in it says 3 controllers detected in the upper right but no axis can be moved. When I press recalibrate axes all axes are marked as x axis and cannot be moved either. Without that gamepad plugged in my other 2 controllers work (G25 & VPP pedals).

Tell me if you need more information.
#94 - Woz
Mirror Look Back
I am using the 45deg look left right.

With the old 90deg look L/R pressing both would look behind. With the new 45 pressing both just goes to 90deg would be better still doing look back
May already have been reported.

At least in multiplayer game, objects may re-appear inside cars. In earlier versions, objects re-apperared only when there were no cars near.
Controller issue, more detail:

Upon installing and starting I found no steering. Looking at the options>controllers screen I can see 3 devices detected which is correct and all the axis were listed.

Moving any axis on my wheel did nothing to the axis previews on the right, same for my joystick.

However, if I woke my wireless gamepad up (press a button) and moved one of it's axis, this was detected and shown in the axis previews. From that point all the other axis on the other controllers worked without having to reassign the axis to functions.

The wheel would work for the whole of a race. Upon starting another race, or visiting pits etc. the wheel would stop working again since the gamepad had gone into hibernation. Wake it up, move an axis and wheel axis resumed.

The fact I've got a gamepad and some have a similar problem with their posh keyboards sounds like the same fault.
@ Scawen

Quote from Switcher83 :Well, i have the controller-problem too

Wheel:

Logitech DFP

Problem:

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Joystick

When i disconnect the Joystick from the USB Port, all works fine... With it, nothing happens! No moving of any Axis!

Its not only Keyboards, which couse this problem!
Gamepads and for example my Joystick too

In the controlscreen nothing´s moving when the Joystick is connected!

seems like the same Problem as falcon 5! But Ive only "2" Controllers connected. Wheel+Joystick
Here's my report. DFP and logitech 2.4 joystick connected to xp pc.
driving the FBM at blackwood I get trouble shifting up from 4th gear up and cannot get it into 6th using the paddles on the wheel. the car red lines and it takes a couple of tries to get it the shift up from 3rd to 4th and the same from then on. Down shifting is not a problem as with the rest of the controls. Took out the FOX and no problems at all. Back to the FBM and shifting up is still there. I haven't tried it with the flight stick disconneted to see if this is upsetting things.
I'll try that out, p1lot. I'll report it back then.
The controller issue isn't new in X30. Had it in an earlier version too, with the G25 and the Logitech Rumblepad 2. When the pad was connected, the wheel wouldn't work properly (when driving the car, was ok in setup screen).

BUG REPORTS : Interface / Single Player / Multiplayer
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG