The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : Formula BMW
(133 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :Yes, as in real life you should pull on the gear shifter and while still pulling, momentarily lift your foot off the throttle - the car will change gear quite instantly.

Ahhh! Good to know, and good that you have personal experience!
Quote from sinbad :Not a bug, but I'm curious about the setup options. I'm guessing that you can't adjust/swap the differential in a real FBMW in the way you can in LFS, among other things I imagine.
So........why aren't setup options chosen to follow the real cars/series' when every effort is made to make it identical in other ways?

This is a problem with pretty much every single car in the game. Hopefully it will be addressed before we hit beta.
#28 - TomM
In real life, at least in 04 when I ran the series, the differential power and coast settings were locked. I believe it was 40% power and 20% coast. The preload could be adjusted though from 5nm to 30nm if I recall. I'm sure the rules changed slightly as the years went on but thats how it was in 04. There were also fixed gear ratios.

The car is a delight to drive. Top speed seems a bit down though even with very little wing and the downhill run you get at Blackwood. We saw 142mph at Indianapolis and at Road America and that was gear limited in the draft. Bump drafting even at Road America

Very nice representation of the car though. Not much power, just enough downforce, extremely late braking, and a very drivable car. LFS version fits that to a T.
#29 - TomM
Also the clutch in the car is very easy to overheat. Two uses and its essentially overheated and unusable. You'd really have to ride the clutch for a lap to even notice a difference. Now, within seconds you can completely ruin it which isn't very realistic. I've never heard of a clutch on the FBMW going bad from normal use, let alone misuse, and there is definitely some misuse. I used the clutch on downshifts when I raced in 04 (then moved to GT cars and left foot braked, backwards I know) and had zero problems with the clutch.
Quote from sinbad :Not a bug, but I'm curious about the setup options. I'm guessing that you can't adjust/swap the differential in a real FBMW in the way you can in LFS, among other things I imagine.
So........why aren't setup options chosen to follow the real cars/series' when every effort is made to make it identical in other ways?

I must admit I was disappointed to see another RL car with infinite, a lot really silly setup options. It would have been great if Scawen could have found out from Fortec the real setup options for the car (including increments as well as out right limits) and got some from the Formula Renault for the FOX at the same time. Having a real and new car to lead the way would also mean there would be less grounds for moaning from the growing crowd who apparently got an N confused with an S.
Not a bug...but just a suggestion the speedo on the FBM shud be a lil bit bigger! Ive compare it with the 3 other car Formula and those r bigger then this one!

I hope this will be fix!
Quote from Cash_FLow :Not a bug...but just a suggestion the speedo on the FBM shud be a lil bit bigger! Ive compare it with the 3 other car Formula and those r bigger then this one!

I hope this will be fix!

Whats the bug?
Quote from SFL :The last two lights on the wheel that show rpm are most of the time lit at the same time. I guess they should light up at different rpms?

EDIT: They aren't lit exactly the same time but close enough to make the last light useless.

It's probably supposed to be that way... I mean if you think real life, two lights lighting up at the same time is easier to see than one light.
Quote from SFL :?

The clutch isnt used in the fbm..

ok, so here's a problem for me: how to "throttle blip" with a DFP?

I selected "auto clutch" and had the clutch heat up a copuple times driving on BL in the FBMW.

So, when I lift the gas and upshift, the auto clutch is not used?
hmm, wierd... then, is it used when I TRY to throttle blip?
As in, if you are breaking, and hit the gas, does it clutch in during this? I dont think so, and the only way for me to drive then, is to use the left paddle for the clutch pedal, which sucks.

I think the auto clutch is only used to take off, no? And, now we cant do burnouts! =[ How are we, the ones with the momo's and Driving force Pro supposed to drive now? Can you at least put the auto throttle blip back (if the autoclutch is selected?) thank you scavier!

EDIT: during which lights on the wheel of the formula bmw are we supposed to shift? when it gets all the way, or what? FOX display is better I think.

Sry for bad english I'm really tired right now, lol.
Quote from Cash_FLow :Not a bug...but just a suggestion the speedo on the FBM shud be a lil bit bigger! Ive compare it with the 3 other car Formula and those r bigger then this one!

I hope this will be fix!

Nothing to fix, that's the way it is

Regards,

Ian
i dont know is this is right,but is that normal what hapend wiht my FBM ?? watch reply !
bl1 ---> 2. lap
Attached files
kr prevrnu iz formulo.mpr - 301.7 KB - 224 views
Quote from Ian.H :Nothing to fix, that's the way it is

That's real cars for you
Quote from mobiholik :i dont know is this is right,but is that normal what hapend wiht my FBM ?? watch reply !
bl1 ---> 2. lap

Yeah that looks fine to me, your left side was completely loaded in the turn and you ramped the inside off the curb, causing it to roll.
Quote from BrandonAGr :Yeah that looks fine to me, your left side was completely loaded in the turn and you ramped the inside off the curb, causing it to roll.

if you say soo , i wasn't shure is that ok
Quote from Mako. :ok, so here's a problem for me: how to "throttle blip" with a DFP?

Throttle blipping is no different than we've been doing it for years, those of us who have been doing it manually. Either you can left foot brake so you have your right foot to do as you please, or you heel-toe like those with a clutch must do. It's simple.

Yes, it is difficult to heel-toe, but you state DFP. What is so difficult about left-foot braking and blipping the throttle with your right foot? I as well as many many others have been doing it for years. Surely you haven't been braking with your right foot with only 2 pedals....

Those of us who are new with a clutch pedal are the ones who should be having difficulties. I can't believe how difficult it is to brake and downshift while blipping the throttle. Heel-toe shifting is taking all my concentration and leaving me with missing and over running my braking points as well as with brake lockup and trips into the sand.
I can't blip the throttle!
Quote from mrodgers :Throttle blipping is no different than we've been doing it for years, those of us who have been doing it manually. Either you can left foot brake so you have your right foot to do as you please, or you heel-toe like those with a clutch must do. It's simple.

Yes, it is difficult to heel-toe, but you state DFP. What is so difficult about left-foot braking and blipping the throttle with your right foot? I as well as many many others have been doing it for years. Surely you haven't been braking with your right foot with only 2 pedals....

Those of us who are new with a clutch pedal are the ones who should be having difficulties. I can't believe how difficult it is to brake and downshift while blipping the throttle. Heel-toe shifting is taking all my concentration and leaving me with missing and over running my braking points as well as with brake lockup and trips into the sand.

I know how to heal toe with a clutch and can do it in a real car...But I don't have a clutch peddle so I need the auto clutch enabled.
The problem is there is no way to blip the throttle with auto clutch when downshifting. There isn't enought neutral time in the shift after you depress the paddle shifter to blip anything. If you keep your foot on the floor the throttle dosen't even register it.

How are others finding this?
Sorry if anyones said,

but why does the clutch slip after about 1-3 laps,all i do is rev.
And when you hit someone they go flying forward,Could you make it so its like bf1,you scoop them up :P
Automatic
If you use Automatic you can actually change up and down without ur foot off of the pedal And it Changes so much quicker,So Could you make it so U have to take ur foot off of the pedal

People whos driving auto is leaving me standing!

P.S Sorry for double post
Quote from Toddshooter :I know how to heal toe with a clutch and can do it in a real car...But I don't have a clutch peddle so I need the auto clutch enabled.
The problem is there is no way to blip the throttle with auto clutch when downshifting. There isn't enought neutral time in the shift after you depress the paddle shifter to blip anything. If you keep your foot on the floor the throttle dosen't even register it.

How are others finding this?

You need to hold the paddle or shifter, blip, then release.
can you automatically create your own script file for the fbmw, for some reason, its not picking up the sequential gear change till i get into the fox and then jump back into the fbmw....
#46 - J.B.
I think throttle blipping on downshifts should be easier on a racing sequential, even without using the clutch. At the moment it's too restrictive: you can't apply any throttle because then the gearbox won't downshift so you have to wait with the blip until it's too late to be of any use anyway. IMO it would be more realistic if there was more more tolerance for the downshift to work even when you've already initiated the blip. Blipping is supposed to help not hinder downshifting.
Quote from mrfell :can you automatically create your own script file for the fbmw, for some reason, its not picking up the sequential gear change till i get into the fox and then jump back into the fbmw....

Make a copy of FOX.lfs and rename it to FBM.lfs in your LFS\data\script folder
Quote from AndroidXP :Make a copy of FOX.lfs and rename it to FBM.lfs in your LFS\data\script folder

Thanks Android, going to check that now!!

EDIT: Woohoo it works
Quote from Ian.H :Nothing to fix, that's the way it is

Regards,

Ian

I know but its kinda hard to see our speed and gas percentage on the speedo(the digits r a bit too little)

BUG REPORTS : Formula BMW
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG