The online racing simulator
Oh dear

What a mess
The new physics in BL2 Rally are just awefull

It’s like driving a 10 year old arcade game now! WTF?

And ffs if you’re going to remove the digital Speedo, at least make the analogue one readable!

And as for the clutch, I’m no rocket scientist, but as 95% of the demo races are 5 lap races, it’s probably a good idea to fit the car with a clutch that can actually last 5 laps!

End of rant ..........
For those complaining about the speedo: YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOUR EXACT SPEED ON A TRACK. In fact, I wouldn't mind a "Hide speedometer" option. It doesn't matter. I used to use digital speedo too and the day I switched to analogue my consistency and speed improved tenfold. I wasn't looking at the speedo anymore but at the road, where I should be looking. Who cares what speed you are going (apart from in the pits, where analogue speedo is actually easier to use than digital)? If you aren't going as fast as possible, you aren't going fast enough.
Ok, sorry if this has been brought up before, but is it only me or does the sensation of speed feel a lot faster now. And specially when watching a replay of a FZ5 going down the Blackwood straight, it looks like it's flying (TV cam). And the BF1 is just mind blowing. Even when i only have 30fps (at times), it feels like it's still running on 120 fps. Extremely good work by the devs, glad to see Eric doing really amazing work at Blackwood, it now feels perfect, apart from the shadow maps ofcourse, but the modeling looks just spot on. Now someone really has to build this track IRL as well.
Quote from Barn :And ffs if you’re going to remove the digital Speedo, at least make the analogue one readable!

And as for the clutch, I’m no rocket scientist, but as 95% of the demo races are 5 lap races, it’s probably a good idea to fit the car with a clutch that can actually last 5 laps!

End of rant ..........

What I wanna know is what on earth res are people running that makes the speedo unreadable?, it's prefectly readable all the way down to 640x480..............

The ONLY time you need a speedo in racing, it too pit, at all other times you shouldnt even look at it.
Longitudional GRIP?

Dynamic Undertray?

When will we have a real improvement on physics?
Love the new SO Chikane course.
where can i change rims colour?
Quote from Luiggi :Longitudional GRIP?

Dynamic Undertray?

When will we have a real improvement on physics?

When they're done.
-
([GR]Evolution) DELETED by [GR]Evolution
Everytime to take your eyes off the track to view the speedo, you are losing time and concentration.

Laptimes and section times are a much better indication to compare yourself to others.
Ack, no throttle blip, that's a headache for us MOMO guys.
The only thing I really dislike about the new patch is the 45° limited sideview.

There should be a command or a slider to adjust it like you want to.
Quote from Veiti :1st of all let me thank you for the patch!

It would be great if there were options like:

[ ] side view in two steps: 45° -> 90°
[ ] side view in two steps: 90° -> rear

Quote from deggis :

I hope the 45 degs view mode gets fixed before official patch (adding option to choose between 45 degs and 90 degs mode), so many people are thinking it's bad improvement.

In my opinion this is one of the best improvements. Think it logically, can a human head turn 90 degs and see 180 degs? The movement now along with the camera is much closer to reality.
Quote from Alkanphel :Ack, no throttle blip, that's a headache for us MOMO guys.

Are your pedals combined?
Quote from ajp71 :
But how many road cars of the early 90s had them? If you want digital speedos you can have them in heavy ugly bloated modern 'small' cars and I'll have fun doing circles round you in a less powerful lighter and far more fun car with an analog speedo.

My brothers 91' soarer has one.

...But apart from that i've never heard of one in the early 90's
Quote from [GR]Evolution :In my opinion this is one of the best improvements. Think it logically, can a human head turn 90 degs and see 180 degs? The movement now along with the camera is much closer to reality.

Agreed
The Old Men Racing-Team is pleased to offer you a fast mirror for the actual Test Patch (as well as the full Y-Version when it is released)
>>>> KLICK! <<<< (German site)
Quote from [GR]Evolution :In my opinion this is one of the best improvements. Think it logically, can a human head turn 90 degs and see 180 degs? The movement now along with the camera is much closer to reality.

... of course, you're right. Now it is more realistic.
i haven´t tried the patch yet, but my favorites are so far:

Quote :
Damage repair is now a selectable option

Pit stop damage repair takes twice as long

Engines are no longer repaired in pit stops

Quote from Scawen :Left + right two button look functions now 90 degrees

Is there a way to asssign that to a single button on my driving wheel ?

Because for now it's taking me more time to do the operation than I spend time looking at the side

And/or maybe in a future patch we may have an optiion to define the default angle of vision when looking at the sides (45°-90° or 90°-45°) ?
only one thing. the side views only 45 degrees.. thats bad cause i'm using TrackIR and it was so cool looking back over my shoulder to see whats going on at the back of my car. it feels unrealistic now that my head kinda locks at 45.. hehe
anything else is just great !!
Quote :In my opinion this is one of the best improvements. Think it logically, can a human head turn 90 degs and see 180 degs? The movement now along with the camera is much closer to reality.

I agree with this. I took a leaf out of unseens book and shifted the FOV down to 50, using the 45 degree turns for looking in the mirrors- and it really feels like totally different sim.. much more natural and less arcadey. For me this is the biggest change, even though it's only indirectly patch specific- I just want to say if you haven't tried using a much lower FOV, give it a go- you might really like it!

Now with everything closer too, the cockpit in the new FBM looks really awesome. Looking forward to all the new interiors

Love the clutch stuff, love SO- there's so many changes which I'm sure I'll appreciate once I've worked out what's what.

Fantastic patch
Regarding the 45/90 deg views.

Can the 45 and 90 deg (left and right) views be mapped to the d-pad on a wheel that has one, e.g. the DFP?

I mean, so that you can press 'up+right' or 'up+left' directions for the 45deg views or just left and right for the 90 deg views?
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1
The FOX feels/sounds like it has had all of its life choked out of it now. I know it revs to 7krpm, but it just feels dead.
I wonder if the new moment of inertia in the engines is a bit off atm, I notice the FZ5 feels really lathergic now at the end of the rev range, almost like it's got a 2 ton flywheel..........
Quote from danowat :What I wanna know is what on earth res are people running that makes the speedo unreadable?, it's prefectly readable all the way down to 640x480..............

The ONLY time you need a speedo in racing, it too pit, at all other times you shouldnt even look at it.

Agreed only needed in pit (without limiter) and to see if your topspeed matches up (not every lap but after set change).
-
(axus) DELETED by axus : wrong thread
Can someone explain the recent comments on how you can't look 90 degrees easily IRL? This is confusing me, how is it not possible to look 90 degrees to your side?

Unless you are talking about your head being restrained by safety equipment disallowing you to turn your head, these comments are most ridiculous.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG