The online racing simulator
Admin /Kick - Ban BUG!
(31 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :Another example of a ban that just won't stick. "This command needs 2 parameters".. I've put 'em in, and it's still asking.

I found that if you put the /ban infront of the name in regular text color, then match the color of the amount of time to the color of the last character in the users name, it works fine.

example: /ban defekt05 12

Hopefully next patch will take care of this and maybe have a new system for banning, maybe an extra set of buttons when an admin is logged in.
#27 - SamH
Quote from tweaK_05 :example: /ban defekt05 12

THANK YOU!! Success! It's a pain in the bum to have to do, but it's 100% effective! I've now banished the road blocker til he gets a new IP, which is longer than I've ever been able to do it before. I owe you a pint!

Sam
Thanks for the explanation / reproduction method. It makes sense. The new text entry system is adding the "change to original colour" code before the number. So the parameter reader decides that the parameter isn't a number.

So... two ways to do it - one : make sure the end colour matches (so the text entry system doesn't add the special code). Or : type the name without colours at all. But that may be difficult if the demo user uses certain characters in his name.

It's on my bug sheet now as a reproducable bug to be fixed.
Quote from SamH :THANK YOU!! Success! It's a pain in the bum to have to do, but it's 100% effective! I've now banished the road blocker til he gets a new IP, which is longer than I've ever been able to do it before. I owe you a pint!

Sam

Yea it's still a bit of a pain, as it's really hard to admin and race seriously. Idealy we should just have a one button ban for admins with a pop up asking for the amount of days, and if nothing is entered, it's automatically 12 hours.
#30 - SamH
I'd be more than happy to host and spend time moderating test servers/clients, if there's any requirement.
Quote from tweaK_05 :I found that if you put the /ban infront of the name in regular text color, then match the color of the amount of time to the color of the last character in the users name, it works fine.

example: /ban defekt05 12

Thank You!

Admin /Kick - Ban BUG!
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG