The online racing simulator
Quote from CSU1 :& get ready for all the 'help!my speedo has been stolen!!!' threads:rolleyes:
:uglyhamme

Heh, I think there will be quite a lot of discussion about this.. At first I missed it, because I've been using the speedometer actively not to adjust my driving, but to see if I'm improving from one lap to another. You know, "can I manage to stay above 120 kph through this curve?" That sort of thing. That way I added small milestones for me to take down one by one, in addition to just the split times.

It's not that I won't be able to drive just as good without a digital speedometer, but IMO it takes away some of the fun.

Other than that, I absolutely love the patch so far! The AI is significantly improved. I just arranged a "track day" for myself and 12 AI "buddies" on Aston Historic in practice mode, with fast cars, slow cars and myself in the middle. Then I pressed shift-f to remove all the clutter on my screen, waited for the AI drivers to pull of, and then I drove. It really added to the fun to have to check your mirrors and be aware of other drivers even when practicing -- after all, in real life you rarely have the whole track to yourself.
oh no! a patch on a monday! I'll have to wait another week! it should be worth it though!
message to scawen dude awsome job but i have to disagree the point of removing xrt from demo and adeed the bm lfs wont make mutch money anymore imean its lame for some peaple who dislike single seater and those who love it wont buy s2 anymore they have an single seater on demo think about it u shoulld get xrt back to demo cause the 80%of demo players is trying to drift so they will probly leave the game and less pepale will buy s2 think about it btw nice job for the patch

sorry for the english ..
1 question;
Will the new GTR interior be added in patch Y as a little patch after the main Y patch or will it be in the next big patch?
Quote from Smurfen :1 question;
Will the new GTR interior be added in patch Y as a little patch after the main Y patch or will it be in the next big patch?

I was under the impression that the GTR interiors were moved to post-Y, but we would be getting other interiors in this patch.
i want the digital speedo back!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! no digital speedo! I only use it becuase I can't read the numbers on the analog one (too low resolution numbers)
Quote from ajp71 :I'm rather alarmed at the reluctance of some people to the development of LFS, it has always been pretty clear that LFS is a simulation yet people don't want to have to lift their foot of the throttle pedal because it will damage their pedals or it's not fun. Likewise people are opposed to being able to damage their clutch or not have an unrealistic speed read out available?

I hope you were not directing this part to me, because in that case you completely misunderstood the intention of my post.

Quote from ajp71 :Likewise I've found my downshifts were pretty horrendous, opening the throttle then trying to shift down, now you need to get the timing right.

Which I think is a good thing, but I noticed that you don't need to blip the throttle at all on downshifts -- haven't paid attention to the clutch temperature, though.

Quote from ajp71 :I have a speed read out on the left of my display, I'd rather I didn't though, and I doubt the real car does either. To answer your question IRL you don't in a small single seater, because there's no need to make pitstops so no need to travel fast in the pitlane.

I noticed, but only after spectating another driver. It's just barely sufficient for me. I'm just glad I don't have a smaller display. And personally, I don't care if it's there IRL. I think it needs to stay, because there might be occasions when pitting is necessary in LFS.
#335 - dev
:woohoo:
how many mb's is the download?
Quote from fasukilla :message to scawen dude awsome job but i have to disagree the point of removing xrt from demo u can add bm but dont remove anything
sorry for the english ..

Edited post
Been playing with the patch for a couple of hours now and I must say: WOW! I love the updates! Changes are, on the most part, small but put together, they make an amazing difference. I love the AI, I love the gearbox stuff, I love the clutch overheating, I love the increased inertias! The FBM is a fantastic car to drive - and that's coming from someone who hates open wheelers normally! Dare I say it, it might just become my favourite. The interior is one fine piece of 3D modelling. The new South City is fantastic, I love the bumpiness. The Blackwood updates are great too! All in all, awesome patch!
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
Aaaaaaw.
I'm missing the digital speedo too... it is quite usefull (as said earlier, in order to see one's speed through a corner quickly), and I don't think it's unrealistic to have one in many cars.
I really don't appreciate to be forced to use analog speedo, which have so little numbers that I can't read them at all. I can't see the improvement in removing this kind of option...
I'd really prefer to keep the choice.

The other thing I don't like is about this patch is removing XRT from demo. The demo servers where often a good place to have some races on BL1/XRT, a combo which is really rarely seen on S2 :/

But besides that, I must admit the new patch is quite nice.
Quote from Ramses :Great patch!

One thing though and it's not a small one! The view setting are fun but not when your using pov hat. I'm basicly driving blind. The 45 degree angles are useless because they dont give any extra visibility but the only important view, the 90 degree view, is now gone.

I would like to point out that this is not a small problem. Basicly the viewbuttons have now become arbitrary features

Did you read the changes list carefully?

Press left once = looks left 45 degs
Press left + right = looks left 90 degs

Before left + right was behind view, that's gonna be a little problem for G25 users (and everybody else too), as it has only 2 buttons. Would be good if you could choose which view mode you want (45 or the old 90+behindview).

Altough you can easily make one button press to act like left+right with Logitech Profiler?
I never look behind anyway - that's why cars have mirrors.
Time to get used to using your rear view mirror I guess :up:
Quote from Linsen :I hope you were not directing this part to me, because in that case you completely misunderstood the intention of my post.

No it certainly wasn't directed at you

Quote :
Which I think is a good thing, but I noticed that you don't need to blip the throttle at all on downshifts -- haven't paid attention to the clutch temperature, though.

Yep I don't think there's any need to blip the throttle on the sequential boxes, although it helps to balance the car.

Quote :
I noticed, but only after spectating another driver. It's just barely sufficient for me. I'm just glad I don't have a smaller display. And personally, I don't care if it's there IRL. I think it needs to stay, because there might be occasions when pitting is necessary in LFS.

By selecting not to draw the steering wheel you get a much bigger display that also doesn't irritatingly move like the real thing. There is still a speed read out for LFS but hopefully at some point the ability to refuel the FBM and FOX will be removed anyway.
Quote from tristancliffe :I never look behind anyway - that's why cars have mirrors.

On cars where you can see behind pretty good like FOX, it's useful, at least it doesn't have skewed distance like the mirrors have.
Skewed distance? Can't say I've ever noticed. Besides, real mirrors have skewed distance too...
Quote from tristancliffe :Skewed distance? Can't say I've ever noticed. Besides, real mirrors have skewed distance too...

Oh yeah, they have... Cars seem much farther away, and there is no point of reference in the mirrors - not helping...
About 10 mins into testing... and my Goodness. Kudos to you guys Scavier... This is awesome.

Immersion and Intensity are Through the Roof!

Need an auto updater for our sets though :P
Quote from Smurfen :1 question;

Remember this?

Many forum users will have been expecting the finished GTR racing car interiors to be included, as that was originally planned for Patch Y. But the Formula BMW caused a change of plans, so those much anticipated interiors aren't quite ready yet. Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

Can't think of any more unclear way to say it First of that "as soon as possible" might mean anything in LFS timezone, but what I would like to hope that there would be a nother incompatible (cockpits not possible in compatible) patch soon. I mean how could you say "as soon as possible" if it means another 12+ months perioid until next major patch.
aaaaaaagh you killed the fox

the powerband feels different, and the rev limiter is set like 200 rpm after horsepower peak..and the shift light (7k) and I hit it constantly. The old fox just starts to run at 7k to 8k, now you fall down to no horsepower on every shift, and you don't get the top end you used to. Not only do I need all new gear ratios, but it seems the fox will never be quite as fast as it used to be
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG