The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : AI Drivers
Please report any issues you find in the new AI drivers in this thread.

Try to avoid duplicate bug reports.

KNOWN ISSUES : The AI will still drive into you quite a lot when you are racing, in the pit lane or on the main track. The focus so far has been their speed and racing reliability, and their ability to pit. I expect to work on their behaviour around other cars this week.
Quote from Scawen :Please report any issues you find in the new AI drivers in this thread.

Try to avoid duplicate bug reports.

KNOWN ISSUES : The AI will still drive into you quite a lot when you are racing, in the pit lane or on the main track. The focus so far has been their speed and racing reliability, and their ability to pit. I expect to work on their behaviour around other cars this week.

Good to hear!! Look forward to that! Was going to mention that the AI still slam into us but glad you nipped that in the bud. :-)
Crazy crash

AI's!

Car all AI's use: FXO
TRACK: Aston - grand prix
19 ai's + me
Only regular setup....
Look at this vid:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tiZca6Ewr_8

Plz answer!

Have edited....Last edited by aroX123 : Today at 20:13. Reason: I just want 2
I ran a race with 8 AI drivers on the new South City layout for 3 laps. At the end of the race all the cars drove into the pit, but only two of them actually made it into the stalls. The other cars wrecked into the first couple that pitted, then continued through the pits and stopped just outside of pit lane. After the first car stopped there, subsequent cars plowed into him. I can upload a replay if need be, but it should be pretty easy to reproduce.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Is it a bug?
The AI will just keep on going full pelt on tracks without pit lanes (like the shorter SO sprint where I tested it with the BF1) after the race end.
Yep. Like already mentioned some of the AI cannot get into the stalls. Some of them hit the pit walls between the stalls. In the pic AI1 hit the column and AI2 hit AI1. AI1 just continues drive forward and burns his clutch and Ai2 drives back and forth and burns his clutch too.
Attached images
lfsX30_AI_pit1.jpg
Quote from duke_toaster :The AI will just keep on going full pelt on tracks without pit lanes (like the shorter SO sprint where I tested it with the BF1).

You mean after the race is over?
Posting replays/films would probably help.
-AI crashes constantly in pits / to go to their place in the pits they drive on it no matter what is in their way including pushing others from their spot
-If an AI gets pushed away during its pit stop he tries to drive BACKWARDS to its place without finding it and then waiting in the pits
- With mustpit=on every driver gets into the pits in the first lap. Shoulndn't it be more random?
rigth before AI gonna pit on OVAL
They go 2 fast
They get penalty (or what it called)
#12 - joen
AI are much faster, but pitting after a race results in quite the chaos. Some who couldn't make it to the boxes decide to exit the pit and go for another lap. After which they come to a halt on various places (although that's because I only gave them fuel for one lap, I just wanted to see them pitting)

edit: damnit replay file won't upload. hold on
edit2: ah, too big

uploaded: http://www.box.net/shared/elqp2kf9kz
AI can't start their engine if they stall it. (dark green XRR in the replay)

Also in the replay, some serious cornering issues with the chicane. Or is that because they don't know the track and haven't learned it yet? Because first time I ran them trough that chicane, several UF1 AI drivers rolled over, was rather funny pile up of cars on their roof.
Attached files
odd.spr - 840.8 KB - 318 views
I just tried an all-AI race on Blackwood with the new BMW. The race was 150 laps which required the AI cars to pit once. All cars pitted on lap 79, but only three cars made it out of the pits. The rest burned up their clutches trying to get out. One car actually is still shown as pitting, but he's sitting outside of the pit area, on the drive-through lane. It says that his pit stop is finished, but it appears that since his clutch is burned up he can't get underway to end the pit stop.

Out of 10 cars in the race, only three made it out of the pits. Still an improvement though.
the ai drivers don't seem to blip the throttle on downshifts (lx6)
#16 - Jay
yay, the AI is very cool. ppl driving like this are banned on most servers, arent they?

well, keep an eye on the rac-ai in the pits. it repairs some damage, the xrt kicks his ass and it looks like there is a bigger problem. lfs wants to continue the pitstop while the rac is already pushed out of the pits by the xrt.

http://rapidshare.com/files/75678684/wtfki.spr.html
AI´s can´t drive the LX6/RAC/FZ50 on the rallytracks (BL2/FE5) anymore.

@they continue their pitstops outside the pits. Se att.files.
Attached images
patch30.JPG
patch30b.JPG
They stopped on middle of track after qualy/during qualy. They should have pitted?
Entering pitlane to fast, getting DT, comming in for DT entering to fast getting now DT, etc etc etc..

Overtaking on the straight they give a much to aggressive yank on the wheel causing them to spin out.

They have no "race sense" no blocking or proper overtaking.

Also crashed/rolled AI should be removed from track..?

Of the 12 cars that started 3 reached the finnish, those 3 where FZ5 cars, one LX6 managed to keep going till lap 39 of 45. Rac, XFR's UFR's and other 2 lx's crashed or rolled early in race.
happened to me: a 15 min qualifing and 8 mins to go... every car returned to pits, get into the stall and stand still...
#21 - JTbo
Those bummers indeed burn their clutches if they spin on city track, they don't feel sorry for it at least.

Replay

I tried to cause havoc there, succeeded quite well as many AI cars did not move to finishline
-
(Mikkel Petersen) DELETED by Mikkel Petersen
Just tried to have a 2h race for AI, but they did not go to pits to refuel.

And AI still has no idea how to pass another one.
Dudes, please don't report the AI being not "smart" and don't have much racecraft. Scawen posted in his TOPIC post that he knows about that and is going to work on it in the coming week.

That said, the AI needs to handle the clutches better. Had a meagre 20 lap FBM BL1 race and I think out of 10 AI only 6 finished, with the others randomly littered around the track trying to move with their burnt clutches. Though it seems they handled it quite ok up to the point they made their pitstop.
If an AI s bumped by another car mid pit-stop, he drives out the pits and does another lap and runs out of fuel, rather than pitting in the next open pit box
Thanks for the bug reports. Yes I posted that they still ram players, and I'll be working on that.

Quote from aroX123 :rigth before AI gonna pit on OVAL
They go 2 fast
They get penalty (or what it called)

Which car were you using? This will help me reproduce the bug in minimum time.

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :They stopped on middle of track after qualy/during qualy. They should have pitted?

Which track configuration was this on? If it's a SO Sprint Track or FE Rallycross Green there are no pit stops or pit lane so that's what they do.

Quote from auch_enne :Entering pitlane to fast, getting DT, comming in for DT entering to fast getting now DT, etc etc etc..

Which car and track configuration was that?

BUG REPORTS : AI Drivers
(254 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG