The online racing simulator

Poll : Where would you go if you were Alonso

Renault
Honda
Beg to Ron Dennis to take you back
Redbull
If I was Alonso I would leave to NASCAR
Quote from thisnameistaken :Renault have got off. Alonso will probably sign soon.

Yeah, just read the news on Yahoo. Utter utter bullshit if you ask me, this reeks of Bernie poo. If Renault had been found guilty then there's no way Alonso would have signed for them, and seeing as no other team wants him......seems like Lewis isn't the FIA's golden boy after all.
Maybe the FIA should check the E-Mails of all the Renault employees, one might say 'silver cars' and they will get a KajillionBillionWillion dollar fine.
Maybe we should all start emailing Renault and asking if they've implemented that McLaren damper yet.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Maybe we should all start emailing Renault and asking if they've implemented that McLaren damper yet.

No point, according to the WMSC they were too stupid to understand what it did the first time, so when they tried to use the information to gain an advantage it didn't work. I might go commit a murder and claim that I saw someone else do it, but I didn't understand what it was.
There's a difference between claiming and actually not understanding. Commit your murder and pretend you didn't understand = gaol. Commit your murder and be diagnosed with some severe brain problem and you're sentence more likely to be quashed to manslaughter.
Quote from tristancliffe :There's a difference between claiming and actually not understanding. Commit your murder and pretend you didn't understand = gaol. Commit your murder and be diagnosed with some severe brain problem and you're sentence more likely to be quashed to manslaughter.

Either way its still a punishment, something Renault did not get. By the same logic Mclarens 2008 car should be deemed totally legal, since the Ferrari data they had was of the 2007 car, and they do not have access to any new Ferrari data. Renault had old Mclaren drawings, and no access to new Mclaren drawings, so they were let off...whats the difference? Both had the old car drawings while developing their new ones.

EDIT: First Grand Prix of 2008, Renault are under investigation after the FIA discovered a T damper shaped like a J on their car.
Remember, McLaren we let off on the same principle. It was only later, additonal, information that got them their $100m fine.

If you know any more about Renaults use of the information, then please let the FIA know. If not, then shut up and stop moaning because you don't know 10% of the facts (and you won't know more than about 50% even after the report is published. Just accept that the WMSC felt punishment, for WHATEVER reason, wasn't required, and lets move on from this childish spying affair.
I didn't know you worked for the FIA Tristan, you went from agreeing that this is all stupid and taking the piss, to telling me to shutup and stop moaning about it. Hello Mr Pot, my names Kettle, how do you take your tea?
McLaren were punished after the FIA established their was a 'flow of information' as I understand it.

Now correct me if I am wrong... but McLaren IP on Renaults computer system that was discussed by 4 engineers represents a 'flow of information' does it not?

Also consider in the first case Ferrari IP was NOT found on McLaren premises (again as I understand it) unlike this current case.

It isn't the same as the first case, and in my opinion does not represent a fair precedent.
Latest news is a good one, the FIA are going to sue the Sunday Times because of this article written by Martin Brundle.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t ... mula_1/article2414580.ece

I still think its mad, if your going to punish one team so much for one incident like this, then surely all the other similar incidents should recieve a punishment equal to it. But the FIA seems to pick and choose what teams are allowed to break the rules.
#64 - J.B.
BBC sports says it's £25.2m but doesn't say for how many years.

I wonder if Heikki will get the McLaren seat. I think he deserves a good seat after he improved a lot through last season but then again I don't think he would come off looking very good against Hamilton. Which other seats are still open? Only Toyota right?
Quote from J.B. :I wonder if Heikki will get the McLaren seat. I think he deserves a good seat after he improved a lot through last season but then again I don't think he would come off looking very good against Hamilton. Which other seats are still open? Only Toyota right?

I think McLaren are going to have a tough time finding a replacement for Alonso. Look at the current driver market; we have R. Schumacher, Fisichella and Kovalainen looking for new teams. Of those, the only one I'd pick is Kovalainen and he, as you rightly pointed out, might not want to partner Hamilton.

The other obvious problem with the Hamilton/Kovalainen pairing is a complete lack of experience.
Got this of skysports website

Quote from Skysports.com :
Fernando Alonso has announced that he is to return to Renault next season on a one-year contract.

The 26-year-old Spaniard won back-to-back world championships with the team in 2005 and 2006 before joining McLaren-Mercedes at the end of last year.

Alonso had originally signed a three-year deal with McLaren but, after his relationship with the team deteriorated during 2007, it was announced last month that he would leave ahead of schedule.

Alonso said: "I am delighted to be returning to Renault.

"This is the team where I grew up as a driver in Formula 1. Now it is time for us to begin a new chapter together.

"I am very excited about working with this great team once more, and confident that together we can move back to the front of the field.

"Renault had a difficult year in 2007, but I know that the team has real strength in depth.

"I am confident they can produce a fast and competitive car and be back at the top in 2008."

The move comes four days after Formula One's governing body, the FIA, deciding not to punish Renault for their role in a spy scandal involving McLaren, despite finding them guilty of fraudulent conduct.

Piquet promoted

Alongside Alonso for 2008 will be Nelson Piquet Jnr., who has been promoted from his role as test driver with the team.

"I am looking forward to teaming up with Fernando, and learning from him," said Piquet, son of the three-times world champion Brazilian.

"As a rookie, there is no better way to start your career than to have a double world champion as your reference point."

Kovalainen to McLaren?

The announcement means that the team's 2007 driver line-up, Giancarlo Fisichella and Heikki Kovalainen, will have to seek drives elsewhere.

With Nico Rosberg signing a new contract with Williams over the weekend, therefore ruling him out of a move to McLaren, it is now likely Kovalainen will join Lewis Hamilton at the Woking-based team.

Meanwhile, Fisichella has expressed an interest in joining the Force India team after testing for them last week at Jerez.

Renault also announced that, following Piquet's capture of a race seat, Formula Three Euroseries Champion Romain Grosjean - a product of the constructors' driver development scheme - will act as test driver in 2008

It'd be awesome if Piquet pulled a hamilton, hehe
i don't think he will tbh and Alonso will make sure of it..... Heikki and Hamilton paired up... that will be awesome
Quote from StewartFisher :Look at the current driver market; we have R. Schumacher, Fisichella ...

It's about time those two were left without a race seat. I've no idea why they've been in F1 for so long.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :It'd be awesome if Piquet pulled a hamilton, hehe

That was the first thing I thought. Piquet's pretty quick!
if i would him i would p**s off cos many people think he is a bit of a t**t, but thats my opinion,also cos of the secrets,suposidly, with ferrari, whichever team he goes to could theoretically be done for spying
Quote from james12s :if i would him i would p**s off cos many people think he is a bit of a t**t, but thats my opinion,also cos of the secrets,suposidly, with ferrari, whichever team he goes to could theoretically be done for spying

lolwut?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG