The online racing simulator
#26 - JTbo
Just recently house prices in US dived quite badly, US have huge debts and how goverment spends money is not actually very best way, this all creates dark clouds to future and lowers value of currency.

Food is lot cheaper, houses are cheaper (unless you like to get center of new york, but still I have seen higher prices here), cars are almost free, gas is almost free, don't know about electricity, I pay around 0,083c/kwh which results 65€/3 months.
If you have electric heating, that is way over 100€/month as we have only few months when heating is not needed, quite cold country.

We pay from owning car, that is around 100€/year for old cars, then every car you own have to have insurance, insurance is not by person, but per car/vehicle.
At least in some states in US, you can get one insurance that you can use on several cars, you just put plates to car that you use.

You get better salary in US if you are engineer or something like that, bit of education and you are getting real sweet life there.

I pay income tax of 23%, then almost everything I buy has 22% of tax, which keep prices up quite well and keeps brakes on in our economy. Don't know how this goes in US?

We do have somewhat free health care, so we don't necessarily need to get insurance for that, but we pay it in taxes and that is something we can't avoid. We need to pay small fee when we go to see doctor and only at few first time.

I find interesting to compare how things are in different places, it gives bit more sight into how things really are in country one is living
Quote from JTbo :J
You get better salary in US if you are engineer or something like that, bit of education and you are getting real sweet life there.

But education is one of the most expensive things over there I think? And what is given out for free is rubbish. One of the things you get here, is very high quality free education.
#28 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :But education is one of the most expensive things over there I think? And what is given out for free is rubbish. One of the things you get here, is very high quality free education.

Free sounds really bad, better put it we pay that in taxes and everyone pays from it

But yes, their college is maybe $30 000/year? Here people is just complaining as they have to go to school
Quote from TypeRCivic :So I was looking at America's currency compared to others and I realized it's low, I pay $47.62 for s2 and I googled all the other currency comparing it to USD and WoW.. even though it's a few dollars cheaper I'm not going to complain. So how exactly does our currency go up in value or even drop in value? Is it determined by how much $ we have in the states or what? Please fill me in, I must've been sleeping in School when we were discussing this subject.

afaik the dollar is especially low atm because bush keeps printing new money to fund the war. Money the US can't back up, so the value goes down.

Some reading if interested : http://www.google.nl/search?hl ... G=Google+zoeken&meta=
But it does mean my Sherline Setup System for racing cars, and my ECCI Clutch/G25 upgrade are ridiculously cheap, even with shipping costs. I'm now looking at buying a lot more from the US to make best use of the rubbish dollar
Quote from JTbo :Free sounds really bad, better put it we pay that in taxes and everyone pays from it

But yes, their college is maybe $30 000/year? Here people is just complaining as they have to go to school

It is free for the students. So anyone smart enough who is bothered, can have education and it doesn't matter if your parents are not that wealthy. Obviously extra money helps, but that is normal in life. But in US the level of education you can have is largely bound to money your parents have made.

Well, I wish I actually could complain going to school. Got to wait to next autumn to start my university studies. I really wanted to start studying economics when I actually remembered stuff from school, but the stupid compulsory service starting in January keeps me away from school for over a year now. And only because I was born with a penis.
#32 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :It is free for the students. So anyone smart enough who is bothered, can have education and it doesn't matter if your parents are not that wealthy. Obviously extra money helps, but that is normal in life. But in US the level of education you can have is largely bound to money your parents have made.

Well, I wish I actually could complain going to school. Got to wait to next autumn to start my university studies. I really wanted to start studying economics when I actually remembered stuff from school, but the stupid compulsory service starting in January keeps me away from school for over a year now. And only because I was born with a penis.

It is not free for students, that is just illusion _they_ are trying to make. Students do pay taxes so they pay from education too. Good thing is that you don't need to have to pay all by yourself, it is kind of group buy, we all pay from it and some actually use that service to their benefit.

Also this system allows school system to develop better as there are more students and more events to learn better methods etc.

So even it is not free system and even I have to pay things I won't use, I won't say that it is bad system, it is actually lot better than getting 'free' education

In US competition is only thing to drive development of education and universities are lot of their own, so advancing in methods is in shoulders of few when compared to model where they could be if used our system. But our system is bit against freedom of choice, you have to pay liked it or not, so that is why they have their system, I think, maybe I'm wrong
@JTbo Well, it is not free if you have to be pedantic about it, we still have to get loans and students are poor as hell because it's made illegal to do work. But it's still far less expensive. And because the education of future generations is for good for everybody, it's good everyone shares the cost. Besides, they will eventually be paying their education by doing work and paying their taxes.

WoW American Currency is low compared to other country's
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG