The online racing simulator
Hasn't Scawen already said that they're not actively promoting LFS on a large scale because it's still fairly early in development? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere.
#27 - Gizz
you may have a point there ^^
Quote from Dajmin :Hasn't Scawen already said that they're not actively promoting LFS on a large scale because it's still fairly early in development? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere.

If that is true, I think it's a little silly and would be costing them money. The 'alpha' status of LFS is exactly that; just a status.

The point is that it's still a great game right now, and should be promoted the hell out of regardless of the fact that it's still being developed.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Once the new BMW is in the sim there'll be 4 real cars, on my count.

It's up to us to build the rest of them.
#30 - Gizz
Quote from farcar :If that is true, I think it's a little silly and would be costing them money. The 'alpha' status of LFS is exactly that; just a status.

The point is that it's still a great game right now, and should be promoted the hell out of regardless of the fact that it's still being developed.

:iagree: if the dev team was that worried about its status then we wouldnt have to pay to recieve a licence, so i agree, coblers to all that and go out and sell the damn game..

but again i do seem to recal scawen saying something like that wich Dajmin just said...
#31 - J.B.
Speaking of growth I just noticed that Live for Speed finally beats Linux from Scratch to first place in a Google search for lfs. :drink:
Quote from UncleBenny :I kind of agree with that, but at the same time no real tracks/cars is one of the things I really like about LFS. Every other game tries to be realistic with tracks and cars but fails miserably at the physics. LFS has got the physics to make the game great, and having original(yet still realistic) cars and tracks gives LFS a different feeling than racing on the same real world tracks as every other game, like LFS is its own little world. The thing is, most other people don't see it that way and that's why in reality, no real tracks/cars probably hurts LFS in the end.

My thoughts exactly
I've never liked the name Live for Speed. As someone mentioned in this thread everyone thinks I mean Need for Speed when they ask about it. I think it's become an unnecessary hurdle when trying to get new people involved.
Quote from morcs :I've never liked the name Live for Speed. As someone mentioned in this thread everyone thinks I mean Need for Speed when they ask about it. I think it's become an uneccessary hurdle when trying to get new people involved.

Easy solution is to talk about LFS, not Live for Speed.
I think the growth will be kinda same, I'd like to have less players, but who all know eachother, not a lot players including alot of "noobs" who come and crash.
Sametime getting new players is good, but unfortunately there are players who aren't mature and that's bad. I am recently racing in drag mod demo servers with a friend, who has got demo. And surprise surprise, demo experience is pretty crap, still it remembers me I got S2 and in S2, players are much much better.
Ahh Live for Speed is just too good, watching cars move, race and watch movies in slowmotion, it just remembers me again, how good LFS really is

Well alot of offtopic from me. Oops
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :I think the growth will be kinda same, I'd like to have less players, but who all know eachother, not a lot players including alot of "noobs" who come and crash.

Then you need to do some social networking. Private, hidden and by-invitation buddy-play servers is where the fun's at, imo.
#37 - Gunn
Quote from morcs :I've never liked the name Live for Speed. As someone mentioned in this thread everyone thinks I mean Need for Speed when they ask about it. I think it's become an unnecessary hurdle when trying to get new people involved.

I like to look at the glass as being half-full. When people question the title you get to educate them immediately as to the error of their arcadian ways. If they have an interest in sim racing they will listen to you. If not, it doesn't really matter.
^^ Good point
Best racing sim ive played so far. Ive tried gran turismo 4, a bit of forza 2. They're pretty good, but I find they lack in some areas. The auto clutch when disabled in GTR2 was still on, that annoyed me. I'm also like many a junior programmer, and respect the fact how good of a game this is to be made by 3 people. Very impressive actually.

can we expect a growth in the LFS comunity after XMAS?
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG