The online racing simulator
police siren as a horn
(16 posts, started )
police siren as a horn
Hi my name is Mr Speedy
i like the cops and robbers servers.
but i am fed up of having to use my horn as a siren.

could you please make (for horn type 6) a police siren it would be much more fun and enjoyable

thank you very much,

Toby > Mr Speedy
#2 - ORION
You can replace the horn sounds; if all cnr racers replace the original with the same police one, it will work nicely
What about making a server horn...?
horn 6 is made up by the server...?
Handy for Cops & Robbers.
And it would be handy if servers want to have it quiet, so just say horn1-5 false horn6 true, or something, so only horn 6 is allowed, which is server choosable
#4 - ORION
Requests are again going too far imo... if you keep requesting stuff like this, S2 wont be done before 2039
Where's the problem in sharing a single file?
It would be great if LFS had a police siren as horn 6 or something

Could the LFS Developers plz just add that sound in a patch, the reason for this is so everyone doesn't have to swap another horn sound with this.

Tribe made a Police Siren sound, so the LFS Developers could just add it in from a patch or something!!!

CLICK HERE TO GET THE POLICE SIREN!!!

Quote from ORION :Requests are again going too far imo... if you keep requesting stuff like this, S2 wont be done before 2039
Where's the problem in sharing a single file?

This is why...
1. Not everyone knows how to put the file in, so every time we have to explain how to do it - there are always new people!!!
2. We have the sound ready all we need are the awesome Live For Speed Developers to add it in.
3. Cruise servers like "Live To Cruise" and Cops and Robbers servers would benefit.
Sound file?
Quote from psychometalist :now think why this has been discussed one and a half year ago and hasn't been added to LFS.

Because they didn't have the sound file?
I wouldn't regard an even more annoying horn sound as an "improvement" of LfS...

Also, people who don't know how to "put a file somewhere" would'nt be able to install and set up LfS anyway. Not to mention that they most likely know how to put their Dorifto and Initial D Hachi-Roku skins in the right folder. So why shouldn't they be able to do so with a siren sound?

Also, as said very often: LfS is a racing sim, not a "cruising" or "cops and robbers" sim. So don't expect official support for features which are not related to racing on circuits.
Quote from ColeusRattus :... LfS is a racing sim, not a "cruising" or "cops and robbers" sim. So don't expect official support for features which are not related to racing on circuits.

@Jamesisinthehouse12: that was the point I tried to make.
Quote from psychometalist :@Jamesisinthehouse12: that was the point I tried to make.

Yep
You guys are right

DOWNLOAD THE "POLICE SIREN" HERE!!!
Instruction's for installing the siren are inside the file.
Have fun!!!

###INFORMATION###

THE "POLICE SIREN" WAS MADE BY "TRIBE"."THE NEXT STIG" ADDED THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (README).

I will just forward people to that link
Attached files
POLICE SIREN.zip - 229.9 KB - 516 views
While you're playing with the forum, maybe you should try the Edit button at the bottom right of your posts.
It's fine, I get to excercise my post merge facility.

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Because they didn't have the sound file?

Just thought I'd add that I found that post quite amusing, specifically because it was a serious suggestion.
The LFS Developers said they are not going to add it because there are no police cars in lfs... fair enough
Please tell me you didn't just email them.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I wouldn't regard an even more annoying horn sound as an "improvement" of LfS...

Also, as said very often: LfS is a racing sim, not a "cruising" or "cops and robbers" sim. So don't expect official support for features which are not related to racing on circuits.

On the basis of above:

I´d like to officially start a petition to get rid of horns from all cars in LFS. They are annoying as hell, used to distract and intimidate other drivers and have absolutely no place in a racing sim IMO.
Quote from gezmoor :On the basis of above:

I´d like to officially start a petition to get rid of horns from all cars in LFS. They are annoying as hell, used to distract and intimidate other drivers and have absolutely no place in a racing sim IMO.

While admittedly annoying, the exisiting horns actually do serve a purpose. I sometimes use it if I think that a driver didn't notice me approaching, when he for examples swerves out of the pits or back on the street after a skid into the green... Not that I blast by with horns, ut just a short blip while I too slow down and try to evade.

police siren as a horn
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG