The online racing simulator
Skin Templates
(116 posts, started )
Skin Templates
If you have any useful skin templates that people can use, please post them here. I am splitting out some posts and putting them in here, as they will be very useful for everyone. Feel free to add or update your templates at any time. I will be making a list of template downloads once the thread gets quite big, so the first post will have new stuff all the time

Templates can range from Full car templates, wireframe, vents, and little addons for skins, as long as you supply them in a useful format such as .PSD or .AI, etc... we can all share :cool:
Im dying to find any suitable racing suit template which is clear (no ads) and white with wireframes
hmm well I might have to make one for you. It wont be 100% as it is fairly hard to skin them but I can give you a rough idea. i will work on it tmw
Woo, I got it to work! lol. Guess the .psd on its own was too big. Anywho, this is my helmet template. .PSD in the zip, with a jpg shot of it. Not sure where I got the wireframe tho.. so.. thanks to whoever it was!!

MAGGOT
Attached images
HEL_Template.jpg
Attached files
HEL_Template.zip - 438.3 KB - 5279 views
anyone got a suit template?
#6 - Tooby
To Victor!
Hi,
Why make a nightmare out of something so little?
Why dont you look in the skins folder for the car skins, and helmet skin. And just redraw over an original suit ?

Simple illepall
so you can get the matching right the first time.. instead of going back and forth and back and forth.. makes life TONS easier.. if you were a skinner, you would know
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Daviddabest :Hi,
Why make a nightmare out of something so little?
Why dont you look in the skins folder for the car skins, and helmet skin. And just redraw over an original suit ?

Simple :pillepall

Because people like to get great results and accuracy. Wrapping of textures is not easy on LFS skins, templates help enormously with that, especially on the helmet. Many people like to create nice designs and patterns, not just "redraw over the original". A very high quality skin is the result of patience and accuracy. Wink

Beware of using old templates because the LFS cars have changed their shape and mapping in recent times. I notice that many S1 templates and early S2 templates are still in circulation. You can check the templates you have against the mapinfo files found in the LFS CMX viewer (available from the main LFS Site) to see if they match the current models. Many up-to-date templates and kits can be found HERE.
Ok Ok,

I made all of the team Speed Freaks Skins, (All S2cars) So I think I should Know what im doing!
#11 - Gunn
Quote from Daviddabest :Ok Ok,

I made all of the team Speed Freaks Skins, (All S2cars) So I think I should Know what im doing!

Sure, but maybe you'd like to do it faster?
Quote from Daviddabest :Ok Ok,

yes, but you are "da best".

And i guess you haven't done a suit, because you cannot just take it from the pics folder and paint over it...
Hey Victor to get all what you are searching for:

Create an Account @ Master Skinnerz

>>> All you need in high quality! <<<
#14 - Gunn
Quote from Tooby :I found some templates for cars at RSC / LFS. Would it be possible to copy them to this thread. I feel I can't do it because I am not the author/owner.

Link: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=190270

/Tooby

Could somebody please confirm that those templates are still current? If so I will copy that post from RSC to this topic.
They are to the current Skin viewer
Quote from Soper :Hey Victor to get all what you are searching for:

Create an Account @ Master Skinnerz

>>> All you need in high quality! <<<

Done that, and for some irritating reason I can't activate my account.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from MyBoss :Done that, and for some irritating reason I can't activate my account.

Are you using Hotmail or Yahoo? These lame email providers often think that forum activation emails are spam or junkmail. Check your junk or spam folder. MS looks like it is based on YaBB so it is possible that is the problem.
If that is not your problem then perhaps contact the forum admin for assistance.
#18 - Gunn
Quote from Ziploc :They are to the current Skin viewer

I can't seem to bring the attachments across, only the actual post. The author will have to upload his files here I think.
Quote from Gunn :Are you using Hotmail or Yahoo? These lame email providers often think that forum activation emails are spam or junkmail. Check your junk or spam folder. MS looks like it is based on YaBB so it is possible that is the problem.
If that is not your problem then perhaps contact the forum admin for assistance.

Yes, and I got the e-mail, but for some strange reason, the activation link just takes me to the login page, I have even tried to type in my user name and the activation code in the password field, and that didn't work.
Then I tried to login with my user name and regular password, no luck there either.

Maybe it is better if I contact an admin over there or something?

BTW: if an admin reads this, my user name over there are altctrl ;-)

I really want to be a part of that site, have heard so much good about it.
What is the better skining Programm Gimp or Adobe Photoshop 5.0
#21 - Gunn
Isn't The Gimp a free program though?
Quote from Gunn :Isn't The Gimp a free program though?

Yes.

Paint Shop Pro / Corel Paint Shop should be considered too. It's not so professional than Photoshop but good for not-so-skilled skinners like me.
Can't go wrong with The Gimp. As far as I see it Photoshop doesn't come close to what is possible with The Gimp.

Just adding some keywords to Gunn's useful link:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=190270
skins, templates, all car skins, layers, PSD, XCF, blank skin
Quote from velusip :Can't go wrong with The Gimp. As far as I see it Photoshop doesn't come close to what is possible with The Gimp.

I highly doubt that, if the Gimp were more powerful, it would be used professionally. Fact is, Photoshop is the most widely used Raster graphics program at the professional level.. or so I've been told by my professors. =/ lol

MAGGOT
Anyone ever try XaraX? It is a vector graphics package that is very powerful, yet affordable. Give the trial-version a shot. I have used the trial version, and am considering buying this package. It's under $100 US.

Skin Templates
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG