The online racing simulator
Give yourself the ultimate LFS accessory for X-mas
My company, Full Motion racing is shutting down. We were unable to find a financially viable way of creating a sim center, so I'm liquidating the company.

What that means is, I have two used Force Dynamics 301s available at a price that might be a bit more affordable to the dedicated hobbiest than the retail of about $35k.

I'm sure you've all seen the videos of the 301 in action that are on YouTube and other places -- It's really the ultimate Live For Speed accessory and I've spent many hours racing. I hate to see them go, but I gotta try to recoup some of my losses and the units are too big to even keep one at my house. Not sure how i'm going to re-adjust to racing without motion feedback

You can find the details here:

http://www.fullmotionracing.com/ForceDynamics301ForSale.aspx

or you can hit the ebay listings directly here and here
$.99! nice.
How many licence owners were there again? 30 000? So everyone gives 0.5$ and we'll buy if for Scawen.
Shipping to UK?
Quote from deggis :How many licence owners were there again? 30 000? So everyone gives 0.5$ and we'll buy if for Scawen.

but then he'd be too busy playing with his simulator to work on S3
Quote from thisnameistaken :Shipping to UK?

Yeah, that is one of the tricky things. It would cost close to $4k to shipp it to europe (the sucker is heavy). Plus you'd have to swap out transformers for the motors for european power sources.
Quote from deggis :How many licence owners were there again? 30 000? So everyone gives 0.5$ and we'll buy if for Scawen.

I would definitely pay a little money to help buy one of these for Scawen
Me too. The only problem I see other than getting the money together for purchase and shipping would be Scawen not having the space to use it, as it needs a 9x9ft space with 9ft ceilings... But if there were a way, I would definitely put in some money to go towards it
Look at the simcentral forums for simworld subforum, because they just opened a sim entertainment center and maybe they would be interested in this offer.
hell, i'd pitch in $5 just for the entertainment value LFS has brought me. Not to often you'd get a chance to really give back to the ppl that made the game.

btw, thats US dollars...not worth what they used to be
Quote from sdether :Yeah, that is one of the tricky things. It would cost close to $4k to shipp it to europe (the sucker is heavy). Plus you'd have to swap out transformers for the motors for european power sources.

Ouch. TBH I think you're more likely to find a buyer in California anyway. Sorry to hear your business didn't work out.
#12 - SamH
Quote from sdether :Yeah, that is one of the tricky things. It would cost close to $4k to shipp it to europe (the sucker is heavy). Plus you'd have to swap out transformers for the motors for european power sources.

110V is pretty standard in the UK for industrial equipment. I have a yellow box transformer lying around here somewhere. Sadly I don't have the money for the seat.. though if I had, you'd be at risk of having your arm ripped out of its socket
Quote from SamH :110V is pretty standard in the UK for industrial equipment. I have a yellow box transformer lying around here somewhere. Sadly I don't have the money for the seat.. though if I had, you'd be at risk of having your arm ripped out of its socket

I'm not sure about the details, i think it's less the voltage than the Hz. I talked to Force Dynamics about it and basically, I'd have to ship the machine back to them, they'd retrofit and ship it on to Europe. All told it would probably add about $10k in expenses for shipping and parts.
I don't think anyone at this forum can purchase this thing, it's way too expensive for the majority of us (what's the reserve price anyway???), and even if one of us could afford it where would we put it? I doubt anyone has a huge open area in their house (not to mention apartments) that could house these things. Your best bet is to sell it to an arcade, entertainment center, sports complex, university, or another private company.
"Hi, I'd like a loan for a new house."
"Oookay, why do you need a new house?"
"For my motion simulator."
"Riiiight."
Quote from SamH :110V is pretty standard in the UK for industrial equipment. I have a yellow box transformer lying around here somewhere. Sadly I don't have the money for the seat.. though if I had, you'd be at risk of having your arm ripped out of its socket

Don't confuse the US straight 110V with the UK Site Safety Supply 110V (yellow boxes) since the second type has the centre tap connected to earth (55V-0V-55V). Using equipment designed for one system on the other system may result in damage to the transformer and/or equipment.
...transformers are my day job
Quote from sdether :I'm not sure about the details, i think it's less the voltage than the Hz. I talked to Force Dynamics about it and basically, I'd have to ship the machine back to them, they'd retrofit and ship it on to Europe. All told it would probably add about $10k in expenses for shipping and parts.

Talked to Force Dynamics about this (got another inquiry from the UK) and it turns out, it's just a matter of getting a transformer after all for the UK.
Quote from sdether :Talked to Force Dynamics about this (got another inquiry from the UK) and it turns out, it's just a matter of getting a transformer after all for the UK.

Talk to me if anyone wants a step-down transformer for using US equipment in the UK
I'd be very tempted if I had the money and the space. Well, if I cleared out the front room I'd have the space. Who needs a table and sofa anyway? The money problem is not one I can easily solve without spending nothing for the next 6 months. And I think the auction will be over by then. One day...
Just posting to wish you luck, hope you get them sold quick! You should put some videos directly in the ebay listings, you'd be amazed how much more effective your auction will be.
That looks very very nice indeed.
Though bear in mind that I could *buy* a track car for that money and still get some back if I sold it.
yeah.. thats too bad about Full Motion Racing, and good luck. Guess thats what being an entrepreneur is all about, I hope you havent lost too much.
Sell it and buy an intelligent vBulletin plugin that can block repetitive and tiresome barbed comments about LFS not having a whole army of developers.
but what happens if you crash into a wall at full speed or something with that?
You die.

Or I KILL YOU! >:-|

Give yourself the ultimate LFS accessory for X-mas
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG