The online racing simulator
first off, it is great news to see a patch coming, thank you for the xmas pressie!!!!!!

Quote from ajp71 :I very much doubt it's a sign of a sell out, so far two separate companies have come forward asking for cars to be developed, and BMW Motorsport has given permission, that's all we've seen no contact with BMW itself.

It has a shorter wheelbase and given the lack of power it'll have less downforce and, hopefully, realistic tire compounds (ie. a lot harder than R1s).

If you want a Caparo T1 run an FO8 with some added ballast an understeery set and road tires, I can't see it being used at all when there's the option of a real single seater. A small single seater, prototype or another smaller GT car would see a lot more action than any of your suggestions.

i have to agree here on that. i want to add that there is nothing wrong with the non real cars, it doesnt have to be a real car! sure its nice but many of us have been happily racing away for a long time in virtual cars. if a real car needs scawen to go test it then how did he create the other non real cars, did he own all of them or test drive something similar to put them in LFS? anyone knows what cars he had, scawen can I ask you what motors you have owned before? anyway, were those created without testing if so then i think i am quite happy for some other prototype GTR or rally car that is just created out of imaginary data, until some better data/testing comes along. i dont know i just find it strange there is some big gaps to fill but havent been yet. (maybe its being held back for s3 or a later release hehe)
Great news this new patch, the car looks nice although like the fox is probably best suited to the smaller configs. The other additions to the clutch/engine also sound great and will hopefully really improve the realism on the gear shifting side of things.

btw South City is already very bumpy, nothing in the vid suggested to me that it's any more so than before.
South City is my favourite though so any improvements to it are more than welcome
Yep any south city fans are going to have plenty of servers to join soon. Cant wait hehe.
somthing like an old le man's car 1990's ish mazda 787B ect. come on wheel to wheel doing 230mph. thats what i want. the cars atm just arent fast enough (apart from BF1)
I have a funny feeling that seinfeld couldn't drive a real Formula BMW as quickly as Scawen!
Good news overall, thanks devs!
One little thing lurking in the back of my mind... If I remember correctly at the time of the introduction of the ballast / handicap system plan was to use it as a temporary balancing until next incompatible (physics) patch. Quid es? Anybody risking a guess regarding this controversial topic?
Quote from LFS_S2_X\data\language\english.txt :
3g_dt_night Night

3g_cfg_nort North
3g_cfg_sout South
3g_cfg_east East
3g_cfg_west West

These are not new strings in the language files
good shawt sir!
If someone were to ask me which car I want in LFS next, the F.BMW would not have been at the top of the list, but I'm sure it's a lot of fun. It will be even more of a case of keeping your foot in and keeping momentum up, and the racing will be as good, if not better, than with FOX on all sorts of long and short tracks.

I wonder, will it come with proper F.BMW setup limitations (diff etc), and will it come with a decent base setup?
FBMW is a brilliant car to drive! irl i probobly have had more fun in a fbmw then in a formula 3 car... and by far more fun then a formula ford..

i cant wait to get it into the game, finally i get a car that i have driven and can see how good the physics of lfs really are, since i know the feeling of the fbmw..

what the fbmw will do for lfs, he will provide even cleaner racing, because the fbmw does not have so much downforce... corner slipstreams wont catch you out as bad, atleast not irl, but it still gives you a little bit of an advantage on the straights

im very very very happy with this addition, and i must say that single seaters are the best part of this game

thanks once more to the developers, i hope your getting rich for making this game because you truly deserve it!
You've driven a Formula BMW irl?

oooooo!

Do tell!
Real cars are good, I'm sure the BMW F1 helped sell quite a few copies of LFS. The Formula BMW is not quite as spectacular but its VERY good news to have any real car in LFS.

When there is a chance of doing a real car, the actual type of car isn't too important IMO, any chance should be taken to include it.

Sure I'd far rather have a Formula Ford (wingless formula cars, not yet in LFS) or some historic formula car.. but for now, more licensed content is a great thing that might lead to more licensed stuff in the future? Who knows.. More Beemers, perhaps a track..

The difference between LFS prior to the BMW F1 and FBMW and 'now' is huge from a umm perspectives perspective.
Quote from tombarlin :we have also lost that really annoying curb on south city look

LOL - you use realplayer!
Fantastic news.
Thing is, I can't install DivX here at work and I want to see it. Any chance of a screenshot of the new car?
And can anyone tell me if it'll be a rival for the FOX or the FO8, or will it be in a class of it's own?

I also see potential with this relationship with BMW. M3s all round!
(that said, I always saw the FXO as a Merc C-class / BMW 3 Series anyway. It's just missing the logos)
Quote from Dajmin :Fantastic news.
Thing is, I can't install DivX here at work and I want to see it. Any chance of a screenshot of the new car?
And can anyone tell me if it'll be a rival for the FOX or the FO8, or will it be in a class of it's own?

I also see potential with this relationship with BMW. M3s all round!
(that said, I always saw the FXO as a Merc C-class / BMW 3 Series anyway. It's just missing the logos)

Near the FOX, I'd say a little lower in class but we'll have to wait and see.
Quote from Dajmin :(that said, I always saw the FXO as a Merc C-class / BMW 3 Series anyway. It's just missing the logos)

And RWD . FXO is more of an Opel Astra IMO.
What astonishes me is the fact that nobody has made big fuzz about the fact that LFS and the FBMW are going to be featured on TV next year. I don't know what channel is that on, but it's still free air time for LFS!
A lower class than the FOX, the FOX is a 2000cc four, and the FB2 is an 1100cc bike engine
-
(GP4Flo) DELETED by GP4Flo : too slow
Bah, you get FWD 3 Series/C-Class too. Maybe not race spec, but definitely standard road-going

Now get back on-topic
Quote from Dajmin :Bah, you get FWD 3 Series/C-Class too. Maybe not race spec, but definitely standard road-going

There are no FWD BMWs.
Quote from Dajmin :Bah, you get FWD 3 Series

That's worthy of a visit from the purple-shirted eye stabber.
Quote from axus :That's worthy of a visit from the purple-shirted eye stabber.

You keep your purple headed eye stabber away from me..
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG