The online racing simulator
Has anyone heard of SenseCars?
(34 posts, started )
http://www.sensecars.com

Seriously, anyone heard of these???

I registered with a sister company for details about their F1 simulator (Wanting to use them in our school for a day's race challenge) and got told about these cars

Ferrari F430 Replica (Built from a Toyota Celica GT-S)

Only 35,950 Euro's!

This isn't an advertisement, I'm really asking if anyone heard of them before...
Quote :The heart of the SenseCars S431™ is an 1.8 liter 16-valve 4-cylinder Toyota Celica GT that delivers 180 hp to the front wheels.

I'm sorry, but I'd be too embarrased to drive that thing. It's like those Civics with massive bodykits and huge wings running on stock 1.2l engine.
Nether would I, but I owuldn't drive any car by choice, stick with my Ninja!
Haven't heard of them - but there are loads of Ferrari (mainly 355) replicas made using Toyota MR2s as bases etc.
The MR2 355s look crap though, at least that one doesn't look too bad.

But it's the sound that'll give you away. There's no way that Celica sounds like a 4300cc V8

Speaking of which, some utter swine passed us in an Audi R8 on Saturday (followed shortly by a Lambo Gallardo and a real F430). Damn it sounds NASTY
Oh dear, why are there so many companies making money with '(lack of) style over content'?

I recall mailing this flash looking Corvette ''aero kit'' company; asking that, since they modified the undertray and had wings etc on it, what the difference in lift or downforce was between theirs and the stock car.

They had no clue, designed just for looks. God knows it may produce MORE lift rather than less..

sigh..

An underpowerd front wheel drive 4 cilinder ''ferrari'' .. Buyers need a firm slapping.
Quote :You have the option to get a 4 seats sports car (and you can take the children or your friends with you), or get a 8 V engine replica to the trunk and a space separator to the center.

:wow:

:ices_rofl
36,000 Euros for a 180HP car? What a scam. Might as well just buy a used Corvette.
We are laughing SO HARD here...
imagine this

You pick up your girlfriend, in a public place in this,
and she says - my handbag is quite big, you should put it in the trunk...and you open the "Engine hatch", lift half of the engine, and put a bag in there...

or better yet - imagine a golf GTi Beating you from a standstill, and how embaracing it would be when everyone will see you got a FWD

Anyhow, buying this car is like marrying a HIV infected transvestite prostitute because she (he) looks a bit like Angelina Jolie

I'd rather buy a Quadbike and crash in a few days time, and spend the part of the remaining money on my full recovery, and then use the remaining part of money as toilet paper, then drive THAT
How long have you been unbanned W4H?

Its nice, but still not as good as the real thing...Just like masturbation really.
Quote from The General Lee :How long have you been unbanned W4H?

Its nice, but still not as good as the real thing...Just like masturbation really.

In other words, you have reached the same conclusion as the rest of us:

Its a load of w**k!!!
Over here, the Pontiac Fiero is a common base for Ferrari replicas. And I must say they look JUST like the real thing for the most part Ok really they range from pretty awful to not bad.
I prefer a Celica GTS with a nice looking than a fake Ferrari

SenseCars? No sense I think. Your dream is having a Ferrari because of it engine, looking, driving, behaviour on the road... and with that crap you only get looking, so your dream is still not reached.
Quote from Michael Denham :Over here, the Pontiac Fiero is a common base for Ferrari replicas.

At least the Fiero is mid-engined and RWD. And, if you search google video, there are a few V8 powered Fieros!
Quote from NitroNitrous :Your dream is having a Ferrari because of it engine, looking, driving, behaviour on the road...

hmmm...Sensecars say that you buy a Ferrari because of comfort, roominess and versatility....
#16 - zxt
They almost look like the real thing. Just dont let anyone near to hear the engine humming upfront instead at the back.

Anyways, it is still a fake Ferrari and you'll be the joke of the year when somebody finds out.
the thing that made me laugh was this -
HOW CAN A MAN BE SATISFIED IF HE HAS A 180 BHP FWD RACECAR OR SUPERCAR?
Quote from wheel4hummer :At least the Fiero is mid-engined and RWD. And, if you search google video, there are a few V8 powered Fieros!

Yeah, it may be a shitty old car, but at least they got the drivetrain right!
They even have video-proof on the site that the Celica "beats [a real] Ferrari F430, Porsche Boxter s, Mercedes CLK AMG and other sports cars".

(the F430 driver did seem to be quite a twat though, not letting the Celica by)
Quote from wheel4hummer :At least the Fiero is mid-engined and RWD. And, if you search google video, there are a few V8 powered Fieros!

The Fiero didn't have a V8, just to avoid confusion. They are engine transplants by the owner.

Fieros are also known for their engine compartment electrical fires.

I've never driven one. Decent looking (for a GM), looks like it would handle nice (I have ridden in one). It's too bad that the steering and braking systems are from GM. GM has the absolute worst steering and brakes. Feels like you are using a non-FF PC wheel with a broken centering spring and Logi DFP brake pedal.
I know its sad, but since watching Jeremy thrash one the other day on TG, I sort of like this beastie...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/c ... cope=S&brandName=vxr8

What scares me though is the mention of the oil leak that ended up as a handicap for Lewis H....anybody who watched the latest TG will know what I am talking about
Quote from Bladerunner :I know its sad, but since watching Jeremy thrash one the other day on TG, I sort of like this beastie...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/c ... cope=S&brandName=vxr8

What scares me though is the mention of the oil leak that ended up as a handicap for Lewis H....anybody who watched the latest TG will know what I am talking about

Yeah, that looks like quite a fun beast I agree with Clarkson, not too subtle in the looks department, but lots of fun. And Hamilton....wow, nice going Definitely a Top Gear episode worth watching!

As for replicas, I don't know I could ever get one myself that didn't look close to the original and perform at least as well (or better as is the case for a lot of replicas of classics). A replica of a modern car, I don't think I'd like. But a GT40 or Cobra replica I could deal with! I wouldn't go telling people it was an original though... This would do the trick quite nicely http://www.superformance.com/coupe.aspx
Quote from mrodgers :GM has the absolute worst steering and brakes.

Well, the Fiero is 1980's technology, what do you expect? Maybe it's because it seems like a good portion of the cars GM produces are trucks.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG