The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :Yeah, I had nice battles with you, till I managed to slip in the last corner the second time in a row... I was really surprised that even though I lost much time with this and pitted afterwards, you were behind me again after your pitstop...

Me too, those pitguys decided to change more tyres as I told them. I sacked one of them. They have to learn the hard way!
Hehee..just looked the updated League standings, I was expecting to drop couple places down from my 12th place because racing in pool 4. But noo...Im 9th illepall

But the race in pool 4 was nice. Got two places on star because 2 racers unfortunately didnt show up. I was slow, very slow compared others, accelerations from corners were really bad, bad gear rations I suppose. I was figting from position 2 after the start, lost that..couple guys went past after that. I find myself at 5th place. I only hope was that guys ahead me blow their tires (I wasnt hoping it to happen) driving too fast...and some of them unfortunately did and I placed 2nd, tire friendly driving
Quote from bbman :Well, Pool 5 was a great race too... First, it looked like a pole-finish for GrandSurf, but then he went pitting and unfortunately, ran out of fuel just on the last lap...

No out of fuel! My Tires blow of after i break too much in Lap 25 I want go out of the Race an FienDi says i should drive over the Finish Line for more Points. Than i press wrong switch in my Racing-Rig and Car reset on the Gras - that was the Excitement :doh: And now "DSQ" :guilty: Lost 11 Places in the Standing.
Quote from HeerBommel :

I had a few peacefull laps after a collision between M.Oltmanns and Wakey in lap 20 and that affected my addrenaline. I should have pushed the car to the limit but, alas, I took a breathing pause. Never do that guys!

So, on lap 23 we were stil battling it out! After a succesfull overtaking by him we both rushed to the final corner before the finish straight. M.Oltmanns was ahead of me before the upcomming left turns and I took the right side of the track to be able to efficiantly turn in and gain enough speed on the straight to leeve Wakey behind.

( .

Nice race and great pass on the last lap I'll look out for you on the 22nd
@HerrBommel.

Yes that was grace racing and I've had a lot of fun many rounds fighting with you. I was quiet nettled after the race, which ended unexpected early for me.
But thats race! You are right, I've maintained my preparation for the fast left and slipped a litte bit to much to the right. I've expected there is more room and was surprised having the contact with you. I'm looking forward to the next race and hopefully similar close battles.
Quote from Wakey :Nice race and great pass on the last lap I'll look out for you on the 22nd

I am not sure it was 'great' .
You did not enter the corner 'defensive' so I applied the brakes a bit later and went for the inside, already knowing I would go wide and loose time. Nothing more than 'poor mans bluf'. You took the right decision but you also tried to accelerate a bit too much and you lost some much needed grip. My 'bluf' payed off this time .

Quote from Matthias Oltmanns :I'm looking forward to the next race and hopefully similar close battles.

Thanks Matthias . Hope you don't mind that I plan to go faster in next race? Could not train enough for a few weeks and even missed the appointment with my good old enemies from Nassa. I am trying to correct this mistake.

@Me Olde Teamies
Nice to see that Wheels Unleashed is stil competing in the OLFSL. Welcome at the races Julppu :yipee: .
I had a few good early fights with Grinning_Giant and Wakey, and got myself up to 6th just behind HeerBommel, when halfway through lap 10 I got disconnected.

I knew my tires would not last the full 25 laps as I ran a test race the night before on my own (offline) and my front and rear right hand side tires both exploded on lap 23. I had intended to stop on lap 5 for new boots safe in the knowledge that I could make it to the end with out stopping again. I would love to have known if my tactics would have worked! Judging by the posts and stats that I have seen in Pool5, with everybody blowing tires, it could have proved successful.

I will now look forward to the next race, which although I can lap faster - I still have the same issues with tires.
Quote from t1ger :I had a few good early fights with Grinning_Giant and Wakey, and got myself up to 6th just behind HeerBommel, when halfway through lap 10 I got disconnected.

I knew my tires would not last the full 25 laps as I ran a test race the night before on my own (offline) and my front and rear right hand side tires both exploded on lap 23. I had intended to stop on lap 5 for new boots safe in the knowledge that I could make it to the end with out stopping again. I would love to have known if my tactics would have worked! Judging by the posts and stats that I have seen in Pool5, with everybody blowing tires, it could have proved successful.

I will now look forward to the next race, which although I can lap faster - I still have the same issues with tires.

With an early stop you have to be very carefull that you don't run into blue flags. When you have to let the nr1 pass your whole strategy fails. It also depends on your ability to pass slower cars. This could cost you a lot of time. Therefor I always try to go for a late stop. I think that in pool 5 only GrandSurf had tyre problems.

I suppose you would have joined the epic struggle I had with M.Oltmanns, Wakey and bbman. I wasn't very fast in the first 10 laps. A pity you were disconnected!
I first attempted an early stop in E2 (Aston GP Long) and I didn't encounter blue flags... however it was a longer track and this race for me also ended in a disconnection. It is a good point that you raise, HeerBommel, thanks. I wish I could have been in that fight with you also! Hopefully on the 22nd!

Event 6, Aston National rev (merged)
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG