The online racing simulator
But LFS is a simulator!!!1
The deer attacks the leader then?
Yes
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
- Drivers head swaying over bumps/G-forces in 3rd person views.

That might be the head moving because steering wheel movement. Nothing new, been there for ages.
Real men don't get attacked by deers
Quote from Blackout :That might be the head moving because steering wheel movement. Nothing new, been there for ages.

Are you so sure, seeing I'm in LFS, and saw the exact corner, and the head was moving much more in the video, compared to LFS right now. I dunno, I'm not doing fact checking, really, I'm just posting what people have spotted, as long as it isn't retardedly obtuse (e.g. ZOMG BMW M3!)
Scrolling banner text in SO town? (Look below)
Is this the dirt-in-windsreen we are talking about?
Attached images
iwant2believe.jpg
what video ??

sorry i just saw it at LFS main site lol d/l now...
Quote from spankmeyer :I thought we had settled for the magic dragon/octopus attacking the leader?

Hankstar is in charge of this stuff. IIRC we're getting a bear pit and a giant squid, and a castle with snipers in it or something. Sounds awesome, but I was hoping for lava.
I see the new BMW Formula
Quote from AndroidXP :I think the ideal line is probably just for AI debug, though.

I do not think that it would then be a translatable string. I'd assume it's mostly for the driving school segment of LFS tho.
Quote from The new translation strings collection :3h_showline 4 - show racing line
3h_noraceln racing line display is not available

It looks like the FOV is so different on the comparison shots they aren't that useful.
You can see in the BL chicane shot that the concrete barriers are further away from the wall on the left. The grass on that side is wider than before. The left hand corner is now a tighter radius and is further to the right than before. That is the majority of the change that I can see in that shot.

Edit: Oh, and there seems to be light poles there that weren't there before...
#42 - ste_
Quote from Falcon140 :Nope. It's moving. Watch the video. At 2:38, you can see it.

Looks to me like an aliasing or anisotropic-filtering effect with pixel-thin lines.
Quote from ste_ :Looks to me like an aliasing or anisotropic-filtering effect with pixel-thin lines.

Yep, definitely... Just before that you can see that it's actually a side fence of a spectator stand...
Its amazing the things people spot that have been in the game for a long time. I guess its either being shown on a decent computer, or just them looking more closely that does it.
I've got some slightly silly ones (sorry);
  • Scawen's hair length
  • The continuing existance of Eric
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Its amazing the things people spot that have been in the game for a long time. I guess its either being shown on a decent computer, or just them looking more closely that does it.

both, decent and people looking closely... i wish i had a pc like that...
I take that shadow fix speculation back. In closer inspection it seems it still gets shown on the pit wall/roof when the blue XRG exits the box, shame really. But not a big one.
however, it still is fixed though, so the shadow shows on the ground also though.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I've got some slightly silly ones (sorry);
  • Scawen's hair length

Why does everyone think Scawen has cut his hair. I mean it looks all puffy. My guess is he just had to put it in a pony tail... otherwise it'll get sucked into the ram air intake or smth...

Quote from the_angry_angel :
  • The continuing existance of Eric

yeah I bet Eric wanted to drive that car also... heck, who wouldn't. But I guess he'll be happy once he has to start modeling the grid girls and has to "take some photos" "to be accurate"
Quote from PLAYLIFE :yeah I bet Eric wanted to drive that car also... heck, who wouldn't. But I guess he'll be happy once he has to start modeling the grid girls and has to "take some photos" "to be accurate"

hehehehe nice one

Post spotted changes in Video!
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG