The online racing simulator
Quote from Gnomie :OK, I see. Like I said, I don't really care too much if the tracks are real or not. I can't see myself moving to another sim in the foreseeable future, so therefore the argument that "real tracks makes it easier to go from one sim to another" doesn't really apply to me.

TBH I would like some real tracks, but only really because they'd be familiar and it would be nice to run them. I was really disappointed by the RACE Caterham expansion because it came with Estoril and I couldn't help thinking how much more fun it would be with the LX6...

I don't want to get into the whole "real layout doesn't mean it's realistic" argument though, so I'll leave it there.
#102 - col
AI improvements (even the old hermit who lives in the black wood knows thats going to happen)

New pitstops ! the AI will have to pit, Scawen won't want to work on the AI again for a long while (think of all those poor suckers who have spent hours training them only for them to be reset every time there is an update!), so he will want the pitting system to be fully up to date - future changes would mean more work on AI

Improvements to existing tracks and cars lots of stuff has probably been done by Eric (assuming hes not just working on S3 content) that has been waiting for an incompatible patch... gfx, some layout tweaks, South City... interiors. There are also likely to be changes to some cars to improve class balancing...

Tyre physics
big improvements ? probably not. lots of small tweaks to hone the existing system ? very likely.

Improved Aero hmm maybe but who knows

More extensive damage modelling quite likely I think - again down to AI - if stuff like aero damage is introduced at a later date, then AI would not know how to handle it forcing another AI re-write. I suppose Scawen could give AI knowledge of future stuff that isn't in the game yet, but to do so he would have to have a pretty good idea of how it would function and how he would implement it... maybe he will just have a scriptable AI that can be easily updated to handle new features?

Chassis flex modeling Scawen adds chassis flex modeling to the physics and gives us a go-kart for Christmas - unlikely, but it would be a very nice Christmas surprise
Quote from Kronvall :I want that rally-pack.

illepall

Your not the only one mate
I have wanted it for...like 2 years now lol, but it probally never will be released, dead project :/
Quote from The Very End :Your not the only one mate
I have wanted it for...like 2 years now lol, but it probally never will be released, dead project :/

Why would you want a rally pack so bad? There is a perfect rally simulation called Richard Burns Rally.. I hate when something wants to be so many things in one, like those multi practic stuff, or those "sporty" SUV vehicles, it will never be as sporty as a Porsche or off roady as a Land rover... so i really don't want LFS to be a rally simulation at the same time, like i don't want it to have bikes, helikopters or boats..
It's the same reason i don't like driving rallycross tracks in LFS, it just doesn't feel complete and somehow don't belong in a racing sim IMO..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why would you want a rally pack so bad? There is a perfect rally simulation called Richard Burns Rally.. I hate when something wants to be so many things in one, like those multi practic stuff, or those "sporty" SUV vehicles, it will never be as sporty as a Porsche or off roady as a Land rover... so i really don't want LFS to be a rally simulation at the same time, like i don't want it to have bikes, helikopters or boats..
It's the same reason i don't like driving rallycross tracks in LFS, it just doesn't feel complete and somehow don't belong in a racing sim IMO..

Because RBR sucks imo.
I don`t want Rallystyle, I want rallycross, it`s two completely different things. I hate to drive stage-games, I want action and multiple car races.
1. AI
2. transmission physics

how do you think we should pay out the results?
1) MoRe DrIfT CaRs Yo
2) DrIfT TrAx
don't know what's on Scawens to do list, but I'm still hoping for an improved damage model, meaning real engine, transmission, clutch, radiator damage and all that nice stuff... not to speak of brake fading :bowdown:
Quote from ATHome :I know, and I agree that the Classic chicane has to be redone. But I was just wondering when something will happen in Fern Bay

I like the short tracks on Fern Bay with the high kerbes. Don't want to see that changed.
1. More cars.
2. More Engine damage.
^You'd be surprised how many people are looking forward to AI updates. Think of those on dial-up, or a unreliable connection. I personally would LOVE an AI update, because I will soon be on 36k dialup that I KNOW won't be able to handle LFS online. Plus if we had better AI, people could train more offline, so when they come online they are comfortable with their mirrors, and having cars on their ass.
~Bryan~
1. AI
2. Aerodynamics

2'. A very long, hilly, winding fantasy track in a forested area.

I, for one, am waiting for AI. I am a misanthropic hermit offline, and that doesn't change when I go online. :geezer:
I know I'm sorta randomly popping my head in and this is a little off topic... but I kinda hope they keep the chicane in SO Classic.

I just find it part of the challenge and unique character of the City. What's so bad about it? you cant cut the apex's?

I guess if I get back on topic, I'd go:
1: AI
2: Surprise

But then again, I don't like loosing my $10...
Quote from col :
Chassis flex modeling Scawen adds chassis flex modeling to the physics and gives us a go-kart for Christmas - unlikely, but it would be a very nice Christmas surprise

Yes, I agree that this would be a great improvement, although as all cars currently have totally stiff chassis it would make the lower-end cars *harder* to race. It would be good however to have a proper distinction between the race-modded and road cars other than power and absolute grip.
1) AI (has been said and known that this is next)
2) All the typos corrected in CMX viewer

Remember, it's only been what, just a few months since the last patch? I wouldn't hope for much.. Although, we could very well be months away from the next patch anyway.

4 months, give or take a few days. If it's a Christmas release, by that time it will be about 5 which is more than LFS patches usually take. Say AI took 2 months, that gives 3 months for everything else. So we'll see.
1.) Damage modell
2.) Replay interface (backward and pause, timebar, and mouse ability with buttons.)
3.) extern view sounds.
4.) Instant replay for admins too watch start situations
5.) Don't repair option for pitstops !!!!!

1.AI
2.physics
3. GTR interiors & South Cith update!
Reworked hotlap system.
I think

1. 2 Tracks Updated
2. New Formula car.

Now for the real changes (that we know of so far):
  • New Formula BMW FB02
  • Updated Blackwood & South City
  • Updated interiors, though not everything finished yet
  • Updated AI, can now pit, is faster and has better ideal line calculation (taking tyre status into account)
  • Engines now have more inertia (stronger and more realistic engine braking)
  • Engines now have more realistic redlines
  • Clutch overheating
  • Stalling
  • Sequential gearbox simulation improved, the fastest way of shifting is now done clutchless + lifting the throttle a bit.
+ whatever Scawen didn't mention in the news post
+ things I forgot
tyres
and tyres please
Well, nobody was right.
As usual, Scawen has dropped a bombshell with a big suprise for the release.
Everyone who bet their $10, please PM me with your address. I'll spend the next 2 years flying around the world collecting my winnings.
Quote from farcar :Well, nobody was right.
As usual, Scawen has dropped a bombshell with a big suprise for the release.
Everyone who bet their $10, please PM me with your address. I'll spend the next 2 years flying around the world collecting my winnings.

Quote from _rod_ :What will happen

1- Surprise
2- Ai

What i Would like

1- Physics (aero,tyres...)
2- Damage

You were saying?

( i won as long the suprise counts as new formula car )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG