The online racing simulator
Who can do 50m on two wheels?
(38 posts, started )
I just made a simple autocross layout featuring 2 ramps and distance markers to see how the cars would handle on two wheels. I also learned pretty quickly to go 30m without turning over. But I never reached 50m. Can you?

Place BL1_ramp_II.lyt in your layout folder and chose Single Player, Blackwood standard. (No A.I.)
BL1_ramp_II.lyt
Remove the file if you want the default Blackwood Standard back.
Two screenshots of the layout,
Layout_01.jpg
Layout_02.jpg
and one in action,
Action.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
/Ingolf
Attached images
Layout_01.jpg
Layout_02.jpg
Action.jpg
Attached files
BL1_ramp_II.lyt - 1.5 KB - 4285 views
#2 - Jakg
Quote from Ingolf :I just made a simple autocross layout featuring 2 ramps and distance markers to see how the cars would handle on two wheels. I also learned pretty quickly to go 30m without turning over. But I never reached 50m. Can you?

Place BL1_ramp_II.lyt in your layout folder and chose Single Player, Blackwood standard. (No A.I.)
BL1_ramp_II.lyt
Remove the file if you want the default Blackwood Standard back.
Two screenshots of the layout,
Layout_01.jpg
Layout_02.jpg
and one in action,
Action.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
/Ingolf

nice! but i think ud be better using a lighter car uie uf1k
Man, on this forum you can find replays, somebody drove on 2 wheels (XFG) without any rumps, he drove as long as it possible on parking (from the one wall to opposite wall)
Quote :he drove as long as it possible on parking

Impressive... I knew there were some performers out there...I'll look for some replays.
I just made the 40m line, but still feel its just luck. More practice...

Cheers
Well, their was a replay from back in S2 demo where a guy drove on two wheels for over a minute.
I can make 50 meters on 2 wheels I did it on my second lap so watch the whole replay.
Attached files
The Best Wheelie.spr - 11 KB - 607 views
I can do 50 m on my roof
Well done Kajojek(PL)!
I see your strategy was speed. Still, quite a balancing act.
I usually follow the method of Vendetta..., somewhat modified
Attached images
Close_call.jpg
#9 - Jakg
i can do it, just in an xfg going as fast as i can go, all i need to do is counter-steer a touch and it works fine
Hi. I did it in a UF1 in the parking lot. I didn't measure how far, but 40-50m
sounds about right. I don't really know HOW far I went as I was just bored and playing around...... The problem I had though was keeping the car in a straight line doing so. I sorta just veered off to the left. If I tried to keep a straight line, I'd either flip over or come back down on all four wheels.
Also, I had to go slow up the ramp to pull this off...Something like 30mph.
Hmmmm..... this thread gives me an idea....
somewhere in that or the RSC forum, there must be a replay, where someone was driving more than one minute on 2 wheels with XFG!
don't know where the replay is...
Quote from Ingolf :Well done Kajojek(PL)!
I see your strategy was speed. Still, quite a balancing act.
I usually follow the method of Vendetta..., somewhat modified

Thank you.
I also did 45 meters with much less speed but didnt want to post it because its not 50 meters. When I was starting it I was using Vendettas method too
Good on you Kajojek! I've tried to do a controlled distance starting at 30-40 km/h, but I tend to go left. Also, I've lowered the tyre pressure but can't keep it steady. I still have not found that replay of 1 min 2 wheel driving though. Keep practicing.
It is post #26
Enjoy!!!
Thanks, but I'm not very convinced. The posts above stated that someone drove on two wheels for over one minute. This link showed somebody playing around on two wheels for about 2-3 secs.

http://www.dpostill.karoo.net/downlo...20Training.wmv

Am I missing something? Please let me know if you find the replay of the performance I'm expecting...

Keep on driving.
/ingolf
Lets say some people make things very big
Ups Im sorry its my fault. Wrong video. I will give you this movie as soon as I find it
I got it. It is this one for sure. And its not really over 1 minute but this guy did a nice job i have to say.
Attached files
1sttry.spr - 21.5 KB - 413 views
Nice! Really good one. My apologies for being impatient. This guy did at least 10 secs on two wheels continuously, which is very impressive. Don't know what version of LFS that was but it sure seemed like a lot of control there.

Still, going 50m straight in a controlled manner (not running at 140 km/h) is a challenge I would say. Perhaps we'd se more balancing acts to come.

Cheers,
Ingolf
If you try to do this in xrt you will see that its not that hard because sideskirts are holding the car from fliping over. Just practice.
#22 - Jakg
how come you have a skin uploaded to LFSW (suggesting S2), can load layouts, but when i go ctrl + shift i get nothing?
Quote from arska90z :Make something better that that!!!

This is getting serious...
My guess is that his skin name is the same as one uploaded to LFSW. LFS dowloads the one from lfsw so its probably not even the skin hes using.
Quote from arska90z :err... unlocker... lol!

:bananadea

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG