The online racing simulator
Quote from JTbo :Maybe next upgrade should have talking cars from movie Cars

As chief of ADCASN I forbid it!
Quote from cannonfodder :It's the illusion of accomplishment.

hm, i hope i can find the right words for this...
Aside from the standard unnoticed/expected accomplishments of your daily lifes, what can you (as a person, not you in particullar) call accomplished?
I mean something that would be identified as your work/doing/achievement, not necessarily your offspring.
well i give a simple example:
"Accomplished, i built my own house"
So don't we all suffer from a certain degree of illusoryness? (found nothing better in my dict.)
Or more dramatically, at the end of your life, there is that question (from whoever might be asking)
WHAT have you accomplished during your lifetime?

err, nothing? i lived out my life, i reproduced, i used the available recources to my liking, i just lived...
So what is there in our generation to accomplish?

i hope that made a bit of sense...
regards
Quote from Bob Smith :As chief of ADCASN I forbid it!

ROFL, I just read the thread where you were declared the chief of ADCASN right before I read this .

Hmmm, why is every post in this thread now marked as a new unread post, even though I read this thread earlier this afternoon?
#29 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :
Hmmm, why is every post in this thread now marked as a new unread post, even though I read this thread earlier this afternoon?

It is the age, does for me too :spyoda:

I have come up to conclusion that I'm too old to get city driving and cruise servers.
I just tryed CLC today, I think it has a good fun potential,although I didn't get all the subtilities yet.
#31 - Waz
Quote from breadfan :I was just driving around slowly to get used to my new G25.

I did the same today and learned to control cars with G25 pretty quick. Though in the start I got "few" crashes. Actually I crashed all the time. Normally I play on cruise servers if I don't find good racing servers.
Quote from micha1980de :hm, i hope i can find the right words for this...
Aside from the standard unnoticed/expected accomplishments of your daily lifes, what can you (as a person, not you in particullar) call accomplished?
I mean something that would be identified as your work/doing/achievement, not necessarily your offspring.
well i give a simple example:
"Accomplished, i built my own house"
So don't we all suffer from a certain degree of illusoryness? (found nothing better in my dict.)
Or more dramatically, at the end of your life, there is that question (from whoever might be asking)
WHAT have you accomplished during your lifetime?

err, nothing? i lived out my life, i reproduced, i used the available recources to my liking, i just lived...
So what is there in our generation to accomplish?

i hope that made a bit of sense...
regards

How about finishing a thesis? (not yet, though :shrug Honestly, you've asked a really nice question. The usual earning money, consuming stuff, growing old... do feel a lot like any MMORPG. I'd consider raising good children a real accomplishment, though.

Ok, let's build a warp drive, find some alien race and exterminate them. Should take quite a few generations to do, and accomplishes a lot more than cruising for example.
I used to go on the City Driving servers that were on the Blackwood Car Park, just so I could chase, and get chased, by my buddies. Didn't really care about the whole cops thing, nor did I respect it. I didn't go out of my way to wreck people, but I didn't just stop when the cops told me to. It was more fun running from the cops. Got banned a couple of times, and never went back, mainly because I really didn't give a shit about it. Cruise servers are pointless to me and it's rare that I ever go in one...maybe only because I see a friend or teammate there. But again, my whole point is to go as fast as I can with disregard to the whole "cruising around for relaxation" thing. Kind of stupid in a racing sim if you ask me.

All that said, I do have to give props to the guys that created the whole money and lottery tickets thing. Some nice programming work.
Well , i like cruise because y learn a lot from cars and stuff

Like setup?s , cars control , how hard can push your car and stuff like that

Not mention y lear to use the mouse as steer (Before i was using key to steer) now i am quick driver , Yup i have my errors driving beyond the car limits , but is a good mod to lear from the beginin from cars

Is like a MMROPG with cars
________
Bmw wiki
Quote from Inouva :Well , i like cruise because y learn a lot from cars and stuff

Like setup´s , cars control , how hard can push your car and stuff like that

oh good cause you wont learn any of that from racing eh?
Cruise used to be fun back in the day of cops and robbers as chases can be a blast.
Sadly nowdays, you get fined or even kicked for outrunning the cops.

Ehhhh.....it's become too serious and quite rude.

If all is empty, I'll hotlap or race AI as cruise has really turend into a "l33t" chatroom.
Cruise servers now are just a bunch of dumb stoners sitting around talking about weed, and crashing into walls. Meanwhile, people that actually try to hotlap or whatever end up getting wrecked by barriers or dumb stoners, and fined because of the stupid insim, and the admins won't refund anyone because of some stupid technicalities.

Want to speed? Automatically lose money. Drive the wrong way? Automatically lose money. Cops don't chase you now; they kick you. The fun has gone. It's one big dumb chatroom.
Quote from dude56 :Cruise servers now are just a bunch of dumb stoners sitting around talking about weed, and crashing into walls. Meanwhile, people that actually try to hotlap or whatever end up getting wrecked by barriers or dumb stoners, and fined because of the stupid insim, and the admins won't refund anyone because of some stupid technicalities.

Want to speed? Automatically lose money. Drive the wrong way? Automatically lose money. Cops don't chase you now; they kick you. The fun has gone. It's one big dumb chatroom.

lol well I'm far from being a stoner so not _everyone_ on cruise servers is one. I really don't see why people have a problem with the servers. It's just another form of entertainment... nothing more... nothing less. If you don't like them then don't go to them.

If you want to hotlap... go on a race server. Like ALL servers... the cruise servers have their rules. If you don't want to follow them... then why go? If you don't follow the rules... then don't whine about getting kicked or banned.

Like I've said so many times before... the wonderful thing about Live For Speed, is there's something for everyone regardless of age or driving style. You have the hardcore aliens, league racers, casual racers, drifters, cruisers, hotlappers and many others. I remember when I first started with LFS... people complained about all the 'hotlappers' and what a waste of time it was.

You can't please everyone all of the time... but Live For Speed is getting there. In the world of LFS there are lots of subcultures... cruising just happens to be one of them.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Agreed tinyk

Why can't people just accept the fact that there's differing subcultures?

DK
My issue with cruising (and other sorts of servers too, as well as drifting, albeit to a slightly lesser extent) servers is that LFS is officially an "Online Racing Simulation". Neither cruising nor drifting are racing imo, so they don't 'belong' in LFS as per what it's touted to be. Having said that, both are clearly here to stay, and tbh I prefer that LFS accommodates them because as Banshee so aptly described, people who don't want to play ball would be far more rampant on all servers.

In the future I fully expect to see greyhounds (dogs, not buses) and horses in LFS too. After all, they have more in common with racing than cruise servers.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :My issue with cruising (and other sorts of servers too, as well as drifting, albeit to a slightly lesser extent) servers is that LFS is officially an "Online Racing Simulation". Neither cruising nor drifting are racing imo, so they don't 'belong' in LFS as per what it's touted to be. Having said that, both are clearly here to stay, and tbh I prefer that LFS accommodates them because as Banshee so aptly described, people who don't want to play ball would be far more rampant on all servers.

In the future I fully expect to see greyhounds (dogs, not buses) and horses in LFS too. After all, they have more in common with racing than cruise servers.

I'd rather see the buses myself, although they'd probably be driven on the oval track or WE1 mainly. It'd be a mess trying to get them around the corners on South City Town. The dogs would probably be more suited for the cruise servers too as people there would have time to take care of them.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
tbh, i agree with some people saying that more for people to do in LFS etc etc, but it does tend to annoy me a bit when i search for a race and theres Cruise servers right at the very top.....
Quote from tinyk : The dogs would probably be more suited for the cruise servers too as people there would have time to take care of them.

Run for yer lives folks, the Tamagotchi are invading the shores of Fern Bay!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Run for yer lives folks, the Tamagotchi are invading the shores of Fern Bay!

And some weird things called Webkins are invading children's christmas lists! (I see it alot on those charity trees they have in the store where you buy the needy kid something.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote :Well, developers obviously don't agree with you.

Well, even the devs aren't perfect
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Well, even the devs aren't perfect

Well it's Vic who does the sites and everyone knows he's a little weird.
I do actually go on cruise servers quite frequently. I searched for a race server todayg though. I went on CTRA which, for a racer of my calibre, is uber-hard! I couldn't keep up at all!

Then I went okn a server where there was qualifying and everybody spoke German and it was an FOX race.

The only other race servers are Redline Racing which is always FOX and just BL mostly, servers with about 5 people in (like the one I went in) which are pretty bleak places really with no real action and empty servers which are shit.

Cruise servers are pretty much all that is there that is a bit fun so I go on them quite alot!

"cruising" servers, I don't get it?
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG