The online racing simulator
Save Castle Combe Circuit!
(32 posts, started )
A friend posted it in another forum. I thought I'd post it here.

Quote :As some of you may know, the second oldest race circuit in the U.K, Castle Combe in Wiltshire, is in trouble.

First limited by a noise order preventing it from hosting it's big Summer money maker (F3/British GT), it is now under threat of complete and permanent closure.

In order to silence the NIMBY's (who, in fact, live many miles from the circuit, with no complaints from the residents living right on the circuits doorstep) we have set up a petition.

The more signatures, the better, so get signing!
All that's needed is your name, and your email address (which can be set to private, just used for verification to keep it all legally acceptable).

>SIGN HERE!<

Let's keep U.K Motorsport alive! Many, many, many thanks to everyone who signs.

Someone should go door-door to the nearby residents to get their support, too; their voice will probably be louder than ours.
Quote from MAGGOT :Someone should go door-door to the nearby residents to get their support, too; their voice will probably be louder than ours.

Tristan to the rescue!
Another case of some idiots knowingly moving close to a race track, then complaining about the noise. Figures.
just the grannies besides the track who havnt complained for years and now suddenly when allot of ppl go to there and its busy around there they cant take their noon nap and thats how it happen
signed
Signed. F*ck them :smash3d:
Signed. I'd love to live next to Castle Coombe, heck I'd even take some free track day time as ''compensation'' for the noise!
Signed for the pure facts that

1) Cos i can
2) I dont want tracks closing i allready havent figured the closest one to me yet
Quote from Blackout :Tristan to the rescue!

I'm sure there are racers who won't have a 5 hour drive to get to Combe who could do this instead!

Anyway, signing the petition as we speak.

It's not on my 2008 Calender, which is a shame, as I like Combe! Some VERY challenging corners...
it happened in caterbury, people moved near the speadway track then moaned and it got shut down, i agree that i would love to live next to a race track, alot of people dont realise how much technology from racing makes it way into cars, ide say to them, ok shut it down but you have to drie round in a benz patent motor wagon in the middle of winter lol, they should be building more race tracks not closing them
Quote from james12s :it happened in caterbury, people moved near the speadway track then moaned and it got shut down, i agree that i would love to live next to a race track, alot of people dont realise how much technology from racing makes it way into cars, ide say to them, ok shut it down but you have to drie round in a benz patent motor wagon in the middle of winter lol, they should be building more race tracks not closing them

As I said, race tracks are being closed because of the idiots that move there and complain about the noise. Obviously they are too stupid to know that the noise would be present at races.
lol there at it again.

I have a story that gives you an idea of how these protesters work, in fact I have a couple!

There was a kart circuit in trouble a few years back in the South of the country. The local villagers had got together to regularly complain about the noise. When the race was on, that's when the calls would be most. Anyway, one weekend the kart club cancelled their weekends racing... and guess what.... WITHOUT their being ANY karts NEAR the circuit, the normal complaints rained in about the noise of the weekend.... thankfully the circuit and club used that evidence in their defence

Then we have Cancell Mansell... a campaign against already existing Dunkeswell Kart Circuit being developed.

The local villagers got together to stop and 'area of natural' beauty being degraded and built into a circuit where people would be testing F3 cars....

Problem is....it's a was a KART circuit, with ZERO plans of making it a car circuit, and the campaign forget to mention that the circuit is located next to an ..... airport! lol

I recall reading some of their petition notes... "Go a build a kart circuit in the city where it belongs... circuits shouldn't be built there" ignoring the fact the circuit has been there for freakin YEARS.... lol

Here's that Kirstyie Allsopp (Location x3 ))complaining

“If it was Nelson Mandela building this track I’d feel exactly the same way; it is just the wrong place to do it.”

lol the track is ALREADY THERE!!!!! lol

these are the sorta people your coming up against.

just type Dunkeswell into google earth and the circuit is next to the runway!!! AREA OF NATURAL BEAUTY that is apparently! lol
Dunkeswell Kart Circuit is about 20 minutes from my house.

I made my point of wanting it staying..and it did muhahaha
Signed. The people living around these circuits have no right to complain.
BTW, I signed it, im signature #10,545.
The old folks don't ever give a shit, they probably slept through the Germans bombing them at some point, a few cars going round in the afternoon won't bother them. Its busybody young couples trying to entertain their guests on the weekend. Because they have boasted about how peaceful it is and how they got the house for a great price, then they find out why.

I say go door to door to the people complaining, kick them in the genitals, then piss on their doormat. These punks don't realise how much money local businesses get from the people who come to see these events.
Wander around any suburban development on a weekend and what can you hear? The sound of a hundred and one lawnmowers buzzing away all ****ing afternoon. Do they write letters of complaint to eachother?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Wander around any suburban development on a weekend and what can you hear? The sound of a hundred and one lawnmowers buzzing away all ****ing afternoon.

Ohh hell, the sound of lawnmowers becomes so flipping irritating. I can't stand them. Every time I see one i just want to throw something at the guy from the flat window!! :chairs: And is it me, or do they cut the grass every week now? They seem to have an obsession will grass here in Portsmouth every time it reaches 3 cm. Grrr

Anyway, petition signed! It would be sad for England to loose another race track. There aren't enough as it is!

mad
I signed, even though i live in Australia and will probably never see the track, I've raced it on Toca 3, its a very highspeed circuit with a few challengy corners and i think its one of Britians oldest tracks as well, so you don't wonna lose somthing like that!
Er... The noise order was issued in 2005. Does anyone have a link to recent news, since there isn't a threat mentioned at all on the circuit's own website and I could only find references to the 2005 order, through a quick google search...

Hmmm... Can't find anything... I suspect viral panic-mongering....
I can't stand noise limitations, so I don't abide by them.

I had to take my street exhaust off my motorbike for track days because it was far too loud.

I happen to like it that way
Just signed despite date....you never know

I went for a track day here few years ago, and it was fantastic

Would not want this place to close
Quote from h3adbang3r :Another case of some idiots knowingly moving close to a race track, then complaining about the noise. Figures.

You're quite clued up for a yankee, Tally-ho
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The old folks don't ever give a shit, they probably slept through the Germans bombing them at some point, a few cars going round in the afternoon won't bother them. Its busybody young couples trying to entertain their guests on the weekend. Because they have boasted about how peaceful it is and how they got the house for a great price, then they find out why.

I say go door to door to the people complaining, kick them in the genitals, then piss on their doormat. These punks don't realise how much money local businesses get from the people who come to see these events.

lol then u should visit my neighbourhood, its like a retirement village, i drive my nitro car on street wich isnt noisy and 30 minutes later u ssee cops comming thru, rly i hate this town, and allot of people here in belgium
Signed it. IMO all sport should be totally exempt from noise laws. It's keeping the local economy in one piece, it's just the Trustafarians ...

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG