The online racing simulator
#1 - kaHEN
Most important thing to sell lots of lfs license!!!
Hey, here is my suggestion

There must be difference between demo racer and racer who has a license. For example in demo server if demo racer cant take f1 car, the racer who has a license should use f1 and the other cars in demo server, so there will be difference between demo racers and license racers. And I exactly think that it will effect the demo racers and they will buy license to win races in demo servers!

If its possible u should do something on demo servers for users who has license. THEY SHOULD USE OTHER CARS ON DEMO SERVERS!
= give licensed users acccess to all cars on demo servers.
Horrible idea. If we allow licensed users to compete in Demo servers, there won't be any "race", just licensed users lapping Demo guys again and again and again..

Racing in Demo servers is sometimes the only option even for S2 licensed holders, because there are few S2 servers compared to Demo ones. I'd hate to take a slower car to compete with some fast, legit Demo racers, only to be lapped or wrecked by crazy Ivan in his BF1. Your idea would kill the racing experience for everyone, not just Demoers.
S1 & S2 license contents are encrypted so demo users can't use them. That encryption would need to be altered to allow demo users to view the S1 & S2 cars. This would in turn (dunno if it's the thruth, but it's what has been said before) mean the encryption would be easier to crack completely.

To endorse more license purchases, I think a better way would be to limit the demo in some way - to keep all the physics features but to limit the max number of laps in a race or something. Or take away one of the cars. Or anything that would show new players what LFS is about, but not keep them happy with the demo for long.
#5 - kaHEN
Quote from NotAnIllusion := give licensed users acccess to all cars on demo servers.

exactly! this situation will effect the demo users and they will buy license.
What a "brilliant" idea..
Quote from kaHEN :exactly! this situation will effect the demo users and they will buy license.

And like I said, it will also affect S2 users. Suppose you can't find a car/track combo that suits you on S2 servers, so you go over to Demo ones. You race with your favourite car, which isn't one of the fastest, then soon comes someone in his BF1 and blows by you, giving you no chance to compete. But since your car is also faster than Demo cars, you can't compete with Demo players either. How fun would that be?
The money flow from LFS is satisifying the needs of the devs, therefore additional sales are not needed.
Given that servers should never be multi-class (for pick up racing anyway), the only advantage would be demo users seeing FXOs and RB4s ob track. And frankly they've already got the most fun one of the trio.
it doesnt matter to use every cars in demo servers, it can be just one but the fastest one for s2 users,

So when they joined demo server they will use that fastest car (f1 for example) and demo users will say I wish I had that car and they will buy license too. thats my idea..
Quote from kaHEN :it doesnt matter to use every cars in demo servers, it can be just one but the fastest one for s2 users,

So when they joined demo server they will use that fastest car (f1 for example) and demo users will say I wish I had that car and they will buy license too. thats my idea..

But I think most demo users already know that they exist. If you press 'cars' on the starter screen before you go into Single Player/Hot Lapping then you can see them, blacked out.
Quote from kaHEN :it doesnt matter to use every cars in demo servers, it can be just one but the fastest one for s2 users,

Or be rightly pissed because it's unfair. I sure wouldn't buy the game if I noticed childish S2 users using the fastest car in the game just to lap me all the time. It's a racing sim, and a race normally involves competition, not "I'm gonna get...VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM...lapped..AGAIN".
its just an idea to sell more s2 license
#14 - BURN
Quote from kaHEN :its just an idea to sell more s2 license

yeah but LFS don`t need ppl who just want to be "fast"

LFS is about competition like already mentioned.
Quote from kaHEN :Hey, here is my suggestion

There must be difference between demo racer and racer who has a license. For example in demo server if demo racer cant take f1 car, the racer who has a license should use f1 and the other cars in demo server, so there will be difference between demo racers and license racers. And I exactly think that it will effect the demo racers and they will buy license to win races in demo servers!

If its possible u should do something on demo servers for users who has license. THEY SHOULD USE OTHER CARS ON DEMO SERVERS!

I think it's a bad idea, there is no racing if cars are not equal. Maybe give S2 users the option to show off their skins to demo users as a difference.
Quote from kaHEN :So when they joined demo server they will use that fastest car (f1 for example) and demo users will say I wish I had that car and they will buy license too. thats my idea..

I don't think the demo users will buy a license.

They will think S2 users are cheaters because they can win races, only because they paid the money.
They will be angry that they are forced to buy a license, because that is the only way to be competitive.
They will try to vote-ban any S2 user who connects to a demo server.
They may start a war between demo users and licensed users, on servers and on the forum.
Or they will simply leave and buy rFactor/GTR2/RACE/whatever.
I don't think it would be such a good idea. By buying a license you get access to S2 or S1 mode, which has the corresponding content enabled. Then we wouldn't be a difference between demo and licensed servers. One big bunch.

And please, you bigger noses, don't comment suggestions with 'it's hard to implement'. We're suggesting, what would be good, and even if you can't implement it easily it may be a good idea.
Demo should get one car, one track, and no variations. The fact that there are demo "teams" is testament to how much excess they are given.
There are whole demo leagues, which to me is proof that the demo is very generous (almost too generous) both with its content and its unlimited playing time. Some people stick with the demo literally for years, don't buy a license and ask for more content or demand improvements anyway - which is like eating only the bottom half of a cake and demanding more icing.
Quote from Hankstar :....which is like eating only the bottom half of a cake and demanding more icing.

Well, dammit, I'm the one stuck eating the rest of my 3 yr old's cake, and I want more icing on the damn thing!

Quote from kaHEN :If its possible u should do something on demo servers for users who has license. THEY SHOULD USE OTHER CARS ON DEMO SERVERS!

I have hardly ever used demo servers after I got my license. There are more than 600 servers on S2 (and most of them are empty most of the time). And as I've seen so far (e.g. in Turkey) most of the demo racers pay hundreds of turkish liras to DFPs (270 YTL) and G25s (incredible 598 YTL) but just not buy an S2 license (72 YTL). As said above it won't help with demo racers to buy S2. Looks like nothing can help some of them anyway. It's sad but true.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG