The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
I got RBR two days ago. WOW. I am playing with the keyboard, but i managed to get all gold in the school. Although I only defeated Defeated Richard Burns once on the rally school stage, I was quite proud.
Quote from LFSn00b :I bought this a week ago. I get a problem: Can't open or load shader: CarGlassInternal.pso though i have that file?

You video card does fully support DirectX 8, no? It absolutely requires shader capable cards to run.
Quote from yoyoML :You video card does fully support DirectX 8, no? It absolutely requires shader capable cards to run.

I think there was a way to run it without though, by using 3D Analyze, which eats tons of cpu power though
For those that are lucky to have great graphics cards you may want to try some of the latest developments ... http://www.bhmotorsports.com/b ... topic.php?p=253616#253616

Quote from Ricerguy :I got RBR two days ago. WOW. I am playing with the keyboard, but i managed to get all gold in the school. Although I only defeated Defeated Richard Burns once on the rally school stage, I was quite proud.

That's an awesome effort!! Took me ages with wheel!
I downloaded the new patches plus some some car mods from RBR-OnLine but i cant get them to work and also the sound files are clipping now. Great game though, loving every bit of it apart from the Tarmac physics.
I just noticed (where have I been?) that the physics files are out in the open.. Of course this was known for about 3 years..

Anyway, big shame that Eero dissapeared into the Blimey Dungeons. If he'd explain the tyre parameters, we'd actually know what to mod. I made the tires a bit more flexible and the car a bit more inertia-y and had a lot of fun on the tarmac stages. Its interesting that the tyres work by specifying a carcass stiffness etc, not as curve based as ISI.. However, there do seem to be curves or tables in the file, which do not make sense to me yet.

I also slipped in a non turbo engine as I think the turbo lag in RBR is more representing a 1980 turbo F1 engine than a 2003 WRC. I could be wrong but anyway, its more fun now..
Quote from BenjiMC :I downloaded the new patches plus some some car mods from RBR-OnLine but i cant get them to work and also the sound files are clipping now. Great game though, loving every bit of it apart from the Tarmac physics.

Any help, anybody?
Woo, old thread.

I get crashes after a good 20 minutes or so of playing... and I've tried a list of things to try and overcome this problem.

The crashes produce dump files... so, anyone here know how to read .dmp files? If so, I'd greatly appreciate some help. This game's a rally fan's wet dream and the crashes really take away from the whole experience.

Cheers.
Attached files
RBRdmp.zip - 16.7 KB - 200 views
OOoo, thats not nice at all. Hope you can get it sorted, but if all else fails, re-install. Although i would of thought if it was RBR related we would all get it. maybe it's spy ware/malware?
Wow 20 mins, i usually crash at the first corner

ermmm, can't really help with the dump files, but have you patched up to 1.01 and 1.02 ? Apparently some AMD chips were causing crashes. other than that i can't really help, sorry.
A couple things from the dump file
Quote :K e y e d E v e n t L \ K e r n e l O b j e c t s \ C r i t S e c O u t O f M e m o r y E v e n t

Out of memory?

Also some things in there about "RBRTestPlugin.pdb" This is something extra you downloaded right? Did the game crash when it was just a clean install before you did any add-ons?
As far as I've understood, just "random" crashes are common problem. There's probably no perfect solution for this. It's happens more often in the championship mode. Altough the more mods you have, the more unstable it seems to be.

Does it ALWAYS crash after 20 mins? On different mode (championship, single stage?) and on different car/stage? Do you have any similar problems with other games?

And yes, be sure that you have installed both of the patches. Download the patches here.
Just downloaded the demo, after wanting to give it a try for ages... Stuck with a problem though Can't seem to get FF to work. Nothing at all... FF test in settings doesn't do anything, tried all sorts of Profiler settings... Any suggestions? Using Logitech G25
Quote from Gil07 :Just downloaded the demo, after wanting to give it a try for ages... Stuck with a problem though Can't seem to get FF to work. Nothing at all... FF test in settings doesn't do anything, tried all sorts of Profiler settings... Any suggestions? Using Logitech G25

With last RBR install I had similar problems. I didn't restart my PC, next morning FF was back.
Rebooted now, still nothing...

Edit: On WinXP BTW, so all those Vista problems/solutions don't help
Quote from LFSn00b :Ok hello, ive played RBR without FFB for few days, i can handle it well, but i really would like to have force feedback

Logitech G25 is my wheel and Vista is my operating system

Try this
1. Go to registry editor (Start button and then click the "run" button; in the small window type: "regedit" (without quotes), press enter; the registry editor appears)

2. Use the 'directory tree' on the left side and go to this directory:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>System>CurrentControlSet>Control>M ediaProperties>PrivateProperties>Joystick>OEM

3. Under this directory delete all the entries that start with "VID_" (without quotes).

4. Reconnect the USB device to another USB port (just to be safe); Vista should recognize the wheel ...

5. That's it. Go play RBR!

This is NOT my solution, try at your own risk. It works though apparently. Good luck
Works for Vista, apparently. No such key in XP
Quote from Gil07 :Works for Vista, apparently. No such key in XP

I was replying to LFSn00b's post and he's on Vista.

Ahh..just seen your using the demo. I gather the demo is old (before the patches for the full game came out). The g25 doesn't work without patch 1.02 installed afaik.
I would suggest buying the full game. You should be able to find it really cheap, and if you have the slightest interest in rallying and are looking for the best simulation of the sport then you cant go wrong with RBR.
I'd love to buy it straight away, if only I could find some place that shipped to Portugal Not an eBay user...

Edit: Nevermind, found it now \o/

Edit #2: Shipping costs more than the game itself

Items: £2.99
Postage & Packing: £3.94
Promotion Applied -£0.00
Total: £6.93
I wouldn't mind. I'm not up to scratch just yet though. At the start i used to slide too much but now i have an almost circuit racing like style to taking the stages. Works a charm, keep the car stable so you dont crash and tbh i haven't really lost any time with it although i do get a bit of understeer from time to time. My favourite stage is a toss up between Mineshaft and Cote D'abroze. Mineshaft has some killer cliff faces and Cote D'abroze is high speed and has some great gradient changes that make you have to really listen to your pace notes. I must admit i have had it about a month now and not completed a full season yet though .
Quote from Gil07 :I'd love to buy it straight away, if only I could find some place that shipped to Portugal Not an eBay user...

Edit: Nevermind, found it now \o/

Edit #2: Shipping costs more than the game itself

Items: £2.99
Postage & Packing: £3.94
Promotion Applied -£0.00
Total: £6.93

Wait few months and then devide that £7 with the hundreds of frustrating hours you've been trying to finish a single stage and you can realize you have bought the bargain of the year.
this game is that difficult eh?

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG