The online racing simulator
Damage To Total
(15 posts, started )
Damage To Total
If this is a simulation why is it possible to continue race after a top speed crash to a concrete wall??? I think that the damage of such strength should be solved at least by some text like: Your car is totaled! or something - if it is difficult to deal with damage illustration.

I hate people driving around in totaly wrecked cars, doing something about 100 km an hour.

Everyone is thinking about cages nu. plates and such but the important think such damage is - noone.

Imagine: Last round of a race and U have been overtaken by someone who used the curved wall to slide in very high speed in front of you and won the race instead of dying with his car while hiting the wall.

What do you think?!
I think this topic has been discussed to death.
So here the obligatory: search please!
Quote from JohnyK :If this is a simulation why is it possible to continue race after a top speed crash to a concrete wall??? I think that the damage of such strength should be solved at least by some text like: Your car is totaled! or something - if it is difficult to deal with damage illustration.

I hate people driving around in totaly wrecked cars, doing something about 100 km an hour.

What do you think?!

Search feature man this has beighn sugested like one milion tines:sorry:
Quote from JohnyK :If this is a simulation why is it possible to continue race after a top speed crash to a concrete wall??? I think that the damage of such strength should be solved at least by some text like: Your car is totaled! or something - if it is difficult to deal with damage illustration.

What do you think?!

Still Alpha.. You know that the Damage isnt improved yet.
What it needs is detatchable pieces and maximum stretching limits put on the parts.
Since the current damage model was only introduced in S2 and hasn't really been touched since, it has a long way to go.

But if you look at things like the suspension damage, it's pretty accomplished.
I agree - but the fact that there is no way of kicking crashed one out of the race - the game playability is RAPED!!!!!! I dont need perfect solution, but it should be no problem to do it as in old games - "YOU WRECKED YOUR CAR" and kick in to garage.
Solution: Don't crash, and avoid servers filled with bad drivers.

Not the perfect solution, but it does mean you NEVER see the problem.
thanks, I have been already doing so...
Suspension damage works pretty well and only thing I'd like to see added is possibility to lose a tire. This might stop many wreckers since you just end up spinning around if you try to accelerate with just one rear tire.
Quote from JohnyK :I don't need perfect solution, but it should be no problem to do it as in old games - "YOU WRECKED YOUR CAR" and kick in to garage.

No, please no.

What if you are doing a 24 hour race and after 23.5 hour your car is wrecked.

You now can limp to the pits instead of getting a black screen with "YOU WRECKED YOUR CAR"

I would crush my G25 if I saw that happening... (which is not good)
Quote from BlakjeKaas :No, please no.

You now can limp to the pits instead of getting a black screen with "YOU WRECKED YOUR CAR"

I would crush my G25 if I saw that happening... (which is not good)

Yeah that would make me eat the rubber of my DFP
#12 - Gunn
Quote from BlakjeKaas :

As in real life, you would be out of the race.
Its still not the perfect solution IMO. Lag can (theoretically) cause such unwanted trip to garages too. Simulating certain limit of the strenght of the hit the car can survive can also be messed up by lag.A lot of things need to be sorted to implement it.
I'd better wait for proper damage simulation than have such.
Quote from Gunn :As in real life, you would be out of the race.

IRL there isn´t anything like lag...

but yes, you have a point there...
Quote from BlakjeKaas :IRL there isn´t anything like lag...

IRL you have mechanical failure and problems
btw, damage should be able to configure from the server, so that you can have leagues that run with full damage with no repair in pit and others that run with repair and maybe half damage.

Damage To Total
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG