The online racing simulator
Go Kart
(161 posts, started )
Quote from harjun : the Junior Max which i have bought last year was around £800-£1000 ...but thats gone now , and the only thing i could sell of it was a brake disc, 2 pairs of slicks, and the wheel i kept....

All that was left still working after he overclocked it
How come topics which harjun make always go offtopic? :P
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Generally that's true, but my dad has out-raced BMWs and the like on the highway with his '89 Pontiac TransSport minivan. It's all about the driver

true, its about people who drive BMW's being afraid to actually drive them.

i've beaten a porsche 911 with my chevy malibu because he was afraid to keep the pedal down while turning. made me feel pretty good about myself.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Generally that's true, but my dad has out-raced BMWs and the like on the highway with his '89 Pontiac TransSport minivan. It's all about the driver

Remember the TG episode where Sabine overtook someone in a Porsche 911 when she was driving a Ford Transit. LOL!

Off Topic - Sorry, but everyone else is!
#30 - Jakg
In Karts the engine makes a BIG difference - they weigh so little...

You also need to remember that your average 911 driver needs no driving skill, whereas you WILL need skill do to Karting - You can NOT be competitive against the front runners with a shit kart, irrespective of skill.
Erm... Guys, notice the "highway"! That's no Nordschleife and certainly hasn't any tight turns... Maybe someone didn't obey the speed limits?
Quote from UncleBenny :true, its about people who drive BMW's being afraid to actually drive them.

i've beaten a porsche 911 with my chevy malibu because he was afraid to keep the pedal down while turning. made me feel pretty good about myself.

Yea. It's ridiculous. The people who can afford those cars are the ones who have no idea how to drive them. That's true 99% of the time. It's amazing because even with their cars, they can't go any faster than me in my Subie because they simply lack the driving skills. So why not give ME the Porsche, and YOU take the Subaru, since it wont matter for you!!! ARRGH.
Quote from (-Mark-) :How come topics which harjun make always go offtopic? :P

Because keeping harjun's threads under control is like trying to herd cats
or... ... teach Sam how to bathe!

:hide:

500 quid you will struggle to get a rotax engine for that never mind the chassis and spares
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I'm assuming you were referring to this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YdwrYiNJc_E

hehehe

LOL Thanks, I haven't seen that for years! I actually worked for EDS about 7 years ago and they used to play that in the foyer of the building on a big screen. It probably sunk deep into my psyche after seeing it every day for months on end
Quote from harjun :Hello people, just before i start, say anything you want if it makes you feel happy

I would really like to start karting again, after having a nasty accident in one of those last year, my dad has said, go-for-it.

I have around £200, and my dad probably has around....£200 , that leaves me around £400-£500....

Most of you would know that i live in U.K (England), so ordering of the internet would be preferable, unless there is a good shop somewhere in Hertfordshire, i will also be going with my 5 year old cousin who willl be getting a kart too (but forget him for now )

I am 13, turning 14 in May, so i was wondering if i should buy a chassis (adult? i am quite big ) and then like, a Rotax engine, my brother has said that i wouldn't be able to drive Rotax, only Junior Max, but that has a Rotax engine right?.

If someone could kindly point me into the direction of some cheap 2nd hand kart, i've seen a nice 100CC Rotax on EBAY £250 buy it now, just needs enging bolting on chassis, and it's done ...

Thank you very much.
Harjun.

harjun, tbh, as Erik said there, 500 is waay below whats needed. I've considered competing in the National Rotax Championship in Egypt but I didn't have the $. In Egypt, you'd need 6,250 Euros and then add another 2000 there for tyres, engine rebuilds, sprockets or any thing that needs maintenance or repair so you'd need around 8,250 Euros altogether to compete for a season. You'd have to see about racing in a lower karting series.

Also, I thought I'd mention, I've heard that buying 2nd hand karts is a big no no if you're planning on competing in championships. I mean, some sellers say stuff like "Came 2nd in last year's championship" or even 1st but more often than not, the engines are switched with an engine from a bad kart.

Just to let you know, I didn't get that info out of thin air, I've been talking to many of the National Rotax competitors over the last 5 years, some were champions and they all told me the same.
But he only needs a chassis and an engine, for 400 quid (from which 200 are from his dad). And the rest will come out of daddys wallet. So it's no big deal with those 8'000 euros.
Quote from jibber :But he only needs a chassis and an engine

... and tyres, sprockets, spare tyres, wet tyres, fuel
You can't just post asking to find you a kart without even researching what you need. Before you even think of buying a kart you should be in touch with members at the tracks your going to race at and see what classes they run.

For £400 you’re going to get nothing. A 125 Rotax engine second hand is probably going to cost you about a £1000...

You’re also being a tad optimistic, £100 wont even buy a set of tyres yet alone, "£100 on tyres, plastic cover, stickers, brakes, nicer chair." Realistically that list of stuff will cost at least £400 if not more...

A ford galaxy isn't exactly going to carry a kart, spares and tools either...

Also, you sure you raced before? You seem to know so very little it's incredible for someone who raced karts before. The very fact your calling a chassis "adult size" shows this... Jnr + Mini + Snr Max all run the same size of chassis... Same with Jnr + Snr TKM unless anything has changed in recent years.
just take 10.000€ all in for one season if u buy a new kart etc... and dont dream about 200£ karts...
OK. You don;t have that great a budget. you really need £1500 at the very least to purchase a kart and other bits and bobs.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING YET.... In karting it always seems peple buy now regret later.

100cc as a class is dead so those engines are only suitable for idiots like me who loves those kind of motors. Just because it's manufactured by Rotax doesn't mean you can race it in Formula Rotax MAX... This class uses the FR 125 MAX engine from Rotax and NOTHING ELSE.

Your in Hertfordshire, so Rye House is probably the closest circuit to you. What you need to do is going along to the next club meeting on December 2nd.

http://www.hoddesdonkartclub.co.uk/
i have a 100 cc kart for sale for 1200 € witch is aproox 800 pounds anyone interested ?
i'm actually going over to Rye House this weekend with my dad and uncle and cousin. My brother used to work there anyway...Yes a Ford Galaxy will fit the Kart in, because it did 2 years ago....guess i'll have to look for £1000 kart....i'm gonna sell my computer anyway, i'm fine with my laptop. could EASILY sell my laptop £700 +, and my monitor £100, its not even a month old.
Quote from harjun :i'm gonna sell my computer anyway, i'm fine with my laptop. could EASILY sell my laptop £700 +, and my monitor £100, its not even a month old.

But you just got it!
Quote from hrtburnout :But you just got it!

but everything i bought in it is for gaming, and i don't even game that much! i coud have just bought a cheap £400 pc that could run LFS at around 60fps....real life in a kart is better than LFS, LFS i have stopped playing recently, same thing, no updates
Oh..For GODS SACK!!

If I wouldnt get in trouble I would smack you right across the side of the head Harjun.
Not unless you want to die.

Just get something cheap and cheerful not a Twin Engined Mo-fo of a kart.

Just forget the karting. be happy with what you have got, its more than most adults have let alone a 13 boy.

Go Kart
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG