The online racing simulator
Button: Hamilton is not good enough
(36 posts, started )
Button: Hamilton is not good enough
He did NOT say he isn't good enough at all. Please learn to read.

He merely, and quite realistically, stated that 2007 might have been Hamilton's best chance - if the 2008, 2009 and 2010 McLarens are dogs (comparatively, and not unlikely given McLarens yoyoing performances over the years), then he's out of the running for those years, no matter how good he is.

We can't predict the future, but in real terms he's just as likely to never win another race because of crap cars as he is to dominate the next 10 years if he only gets good ones.

At no point in any interview has Button claimed Hamilton isn't good enough.
Correction. Button said Hamilton is not good enough at growing facial hair.

**For a man trying very hard in the modelling business with Honda, he is good enough.
He should stick to singing for Coldplay...
Yep, Button definitely didn't state that Hamilton isn't good enough but he stated a fact that all racing drivers know and that if the car isn't good enough, you won't win races.

Still, for Button to go talking about that kind of thing, I think he's trying to mess with Hamilton's head by saying that "This was your chance and you blew it, you better hope you get another one but truth is, thats unlikely" so I'd say theres a possibility that Button is playing some mind games.
Button also said Hamilton's sister is a slag.
It would be kinda surprising if Haemitlon didn't win the championship in the next few years. After all, he is in the right team, he is getting faster as he gets more experience and he is fast already, plus he has all the support he can imagine from the team. Buttocks, on the other hand, is in a crappy team, is getting old and although he has reputation of fast driver he isn't exactly someone who can make a slow car look fast

All I can see is Buttocks who is getting sick of waiting

As for Honda being or getting competitive, Nah...
#8 - dadge
Quote from Leprekaun :"This was your chance and you blew it, you better hope you get another one but truth is, thats unlikely"

so, schummy fluked his 7 world titles then? and i don't think any mind games were geing played. only one person stating his opinion. what's button going to gain buy playing mind games? absolutly nothing. no need to over read into things, because if you do, chances are you will find what your looking.
Well, Brottun has a point. Hmarlinton did blew his chances to win the title this year himself. If they have the guts to team him up with another fast guy, who isn't paranoid, he is also for a trouble, not to mention if McFerrari fails making a car. He might have some difficult year, or two sometime, but I doubt he will retire without at least one title...like Baton.
Well, it all depends how good the relationship is between Hamilton and Mclaren and I'd say thats good but also theres the factor of how good a motivator Hamilton is. One of Schumi's talents was motivating the team to win and keep on winning. It also depends what kind of technical advice Hamilton can offer through testing for the team but Button is right. I mean, look at Mclaren over the last few years, they were nowhere, in 05, sure the Mclaren was a quick car but seriously lacked reliability and then in 06, they were nowhere compared to Renault and Ferrari. Its all about how good of a communicator, how much mechanical knowledge and motivator Hamilton is, thats something that can make a difference for a team between winning and losing.
that's all good and well, but who drove for mclaren last year? and who won the championship this year? communication doesn't play as big a part in it as you may think. sure communication is always needed, but there's only so much a driver can tell his team (feedback). the data from the car to the garages would also have a huge part in this too.
The data in the garage, no matter how clever or expansive, is pretty much useless without driver feedback.
well, tbh, as much of a good driver Raikkonen is, he just edged 1 point in front Hamilton this year and then Ferrari have been complaining all year about Raikkonen's commitment to the team (leaving the track early when the team would be studying data from the car) while Schumacher was known for staying with the team to times as late as 12 midnight, studying data with the team. IMO, Raikkonen just got lucky with the fact that Ferrari had a good car and besides, I'm sure Ferrari had some motivation in knowing that they were going to get Raikkonen and they knew how good of a driver he is.
For starters, the Ferrari was good, but Kimi had problems adapting for the first 1/3 of the season.

Ferrari have NOT complained about Kimi's commitment. Only the press have suggested that Ferrari might have found some aspects of Kimi's commitment a shock. But others have also suggested he does enough, it's just a different way of working.

I'm sure, being an F1 driver of the future, you don't want to misquote the press against drivers, and it was just a typo.
well, from what I've heard was that it was directly from Ferrari so if it wasn't, you can't blame me for being told false info.
I've heard Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction.
i heard he's working in vegas as a flying elvis.
It doesn't really matter if Hamilton doesn't win world championship as long as he stays in McLaren and has a car to get to the podium. He is still the media's favorite and that gives him the support from sponsors and Bernie. Alonso and Räikkönen don't seem to care (well, Räikkönen doesn't) that much about the PR aspect of F1, but the fact is that sponsors bring so much money into the sport that if you have to choose one out of three drivers who are pretty much equal on the track, your sponsors want you to pick the one that "sells".
Mclaren are an on off team they can't stay at the top for more then two years and look at this trend i just figured out:
2003: 3rd, but could of possibliy won the constuctors and drivers in the last race.
2004: 5th, No were near the pace of Ferrari but did get a victory the only high light of the season.
2005: 2nd, Basically cat vs mouse, their car was much quicker then front runners Renault, but Renaults realiability was miles better and thats what costs them the title.
2006: 3rd, Similar to 2004 but no victories, although good pace in Hungary and Monaco but they failed to capitalise
2007: Last, Easily could of won both titles but they cheated blah blah blah, you all know the story....
Did anyone see Lewis standing beside His Royal Highness Clarkson at the BAFTA awards? My he is very short....hmm does he need a cussion on his seat to see over the wheel I ask myself.

On topic I would like to see Jenson and Davis Coulthard in competative cars, even for a season to see what they are really made off.
Quote from tristancliffe :For starters, the Ferrari was good, but Kimi had problems adapting for the first 1/3 of the season.

yeh some ppl said Kimi was struggling in the F2007 at the start of the season was because of the "too effective" Ferrari TC system(rubens loved it lol)
Kimi just didnt like it. then sometime around French GP he realized the problem and turned the TC down a bit to regain his speed
Quote from AlienT. :On topic I would like to see Jenson and Davis Coulthard in competative cars, even for a season to see what they are really made off.

Coulthard had several seasons in competitive cars. In case you missed them: He's a bit like Ralf Schumacher. Quick sometimes but not as quick as any Finnish drivers, but at least he doesn't crash as much as Ralf Schumacher.
Kev,

Jees your losing your touch, there was no severe sarcasm in that post
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :yeh some ppl said Kimi was struggling in the F2007 at the start of the season was because of the "too effective" Ferrari TC system - Kimi just didnt like it.

Ah, that's what he was mumbling about.
Quote from AlienT. :Kev,

Jees your losing your touch, there was no severe sarcasm in that post

Sorry - I'm not usually up at this time in the morning, had a nephew to stay over last night and I'm still recovering...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG