The online racing simulator
pocketbike
(23 posts, started )
pocketbike
yay!
i bought myself a new pocketbike wensday
its awesome!
ok its chinese, but its just for in my street.
i will post a worklog of the progress of the modding of it,
olso a pay meter

i have 100 to give for it.
pocketbike: 50€
leaves me 50€ for modding.
so far i have spent35,20€ on modding
10€ speed handle
20€ new covers
3,70€ for new wheel caps(for the air hole thing)
7,50€ for nuts and bolts for the covers

15€ left for: new handles(for speedhandle etc, but then i will sell my current ones)
aluminium gastank cap
stickers
i will paint it in black(previous owner of covers did a crappy job)
the stickers will be the number 8, and my name(dinsterzz)
the number 8 is special for me because, i got out of my mental institution on 8'th july.
dinsterzz is my nickname
the rims will be polished for a nice shine: 0€
painting, i got alot of paint cans wich will do the job just fine 0€µ
gas cap, around 5€
handles about 15€ i guess, but i will sell current ones then, for bout 7 €
leaves me 8€ for stickersi think
stickers will be done at a local shop wich my dad knows very good, so discount
olso, pictures will be posted, please no spam or telling how stupid or so it is, only suggestions or normal comments, pics will be up soon
#2 - Jakg
I take it a "pocketbike" is a mini-moto?

I know this will sound a bit rich coming from someone who owns a bike thats like a "my first bike" thats dwarfed by most bikes in power, size and speed, but wtf's the point in a bike you look like Guliver riding?!

My bikes small, but tbh i wouldn't think anything smaller would be comfortable or fun.

But m'eh, i would of thought something with a top speed of 50 would be boring, and how wrong i was...
just some random chinese cheap crap, breaks very fast, goes 40-50km/h while they think it goes 70 OMG!11!!!!, and they drive here around to much and btw ITS NOT STREET LEGAL, ive had some in the past (GRC Lazer and a Polini Scooterino) and only drove them on circuits, not blaming you but then ppl who drive their minibikes on the road are spoiling it for us who want to do it serious
i kno its not street legal, i know it isnt fast, but at least my parents arent nagging that i'm allways behind my pc, its just something till i'm 16 and have a real scooter
as long as u have fun with it , but ehh...u know the fines right? if they bust u?
yea, i do :s
sadly
but its a street with a dead end, no ones comes here, and we know the cop from the town very well, so he wont give a ticket too fastn but still i watch out tho
if i drive in my street, no one sees me, if i go to far, they do
Yer.... no ones sees you coming on those things, mainly as you dont get to them within about 5 minutes of them HEARING the things. People soon start to call the police I can tell you.

What we used to do was whack a couple of them in the car and go out of town a few miles and ride them on pretty much dead lanes that we knew. No-one got hurt and no-one got annoyed by the noise. Then after about a month they fell apart and we did something else.
pics:

Quote from pb32000 :Yer.... no ones sees you coming on those things, mainly as you dont get to them within about 5 minutes of them HEARING the things. People soon start to call the police I can tell you.

What we used to do was whack a couple of them in the car and go out of town a few miles and ride them on pretty much dead lanes that we knew. No-one got hurt and no-one got annoyed by the noise. Then after about a month they fell apart and we did something else.

so true xD, thats why i bought an Italian one...
i actually have one of those too, it may have the same engine etc. i've upgraded the brakes though, to hydraulics from the standard piece of...wire?

Mine has a different "shell" on it though, it has a Honda Repsol one...it was a few years back, they're actually meant for adults, and mine had 2 gears, but because i was soo small, it just shot straight to 60mph, (i was 35Kg im 45Kg now...i really miss it, i killed it when i forgot to put the engine oil mix in the petrol, and i just...kind of overheated, luckily enough, the company had to take all the ones they sold back, because of a manafacturing problem, and i got my £200 back you know, i might actually buy one of these, *goes to google*

PIC:
By the way, is yours pull-start? i remember i always had a problem because mine was pull start, needed someone to sit on the bike, and someone else to pull it, was actually quite hard, i bet they're a bit more advanced these days so they might have proper starter motors
in england, where actually are you allowed to drive these...at the park?/a park?>
your driveway, a parking lot.

The one time i tried to get on a pocketbike, i was on a hill, and ended up rolling backwards until i crashed.
-
(Scrabby) DELETED by Scrabby
Quote from harjun :in england, where actually are you allowed to drive these...at the park?/a park?>

Anywhere you have permission. If you don't have permission, you're not allowed to ride it there. Kart tracks are the best, naturally. First time I rode one of these things was in France at an outdoor circuit and it was cracking fun, despite being slow.
Harjun: dont even think that thing will make 70Km/h, just rather go for 40-50 km/h, they just say it to sell it quicker, my first minibike(49cc model), before i sold it it was tuned, 16mm carburator, race exhaust(not some cheap one), Malossi air filter, PMT racing tyres, bigger cilinder, and allot of more were that came from.. that thing made 51.59 km/h even with a squirrel on it it wont go faster, u just think it because ur 50cm from the ground...
-
(Scrabby) DELETED by Scrabby
I agree. Ones like these are'nt as fast as they say, you just think it because your closer to the ground.
BUT going 70-80 is a realy blast kneedown is something u should learn to control on circuits, makes u go through the corner quicker, not easiest but u'll get the hang of it if u practise more.
ok, back on topic,
any1 got some idea's?
like painting styles, instead of black...
stuff i could do to tune it?
the light i photographed is going on the front, the battery for it will olso be in the front
Quote from kiss me :ok, back on topic,
any1 got some idea's?
like painting styles, instead of black...
stuff i could do to tune it?

White with black? Pure white?

I dont know about that engine, but if it has shims in between the manifold and engine, remove them all and leave one. This would improve performance abit (or it did on my petrol RC buggy ). Try messing about with the mixture and get a good fuel too.

Performance air filter would be a good step, but wont be a HUGE increase in performance.

Go into google and have a search around there. There will be loads of tips.
next week i'm getting a new air filter,
i have a good mixture,allready checked for shims
but when the engine is broke, i say WHEN
i'll get a new engine, or fix it cheap and sell it
hopefully it will not be soon

pocketbike
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG