The online racing simulator
Share setups? Unfortunately I won't have this advantage IRL (I'm doomed already) so I'm gonna make the most of it for now. I've attached my replay though, and you can always use the test drive facility to get a feel for it.

Oh and you can change your avatar all you want but mine's still better.
Attached files
Kart Track - 19.92.spr - 40.4 KB - 143 views
Nah, mine is class...classier than thou >:]
it would be nice to get this on t'internet, on a server.

nice lap bob!
hi all cant wait a day b4 my b-day
i think this event will be more popular than the 2012 Olympics in the UK

LOL
Now we only need a real kart in LFS, else the devs will have an advantage
yes the devs should come and race

for research reasons, of course
Little Update :)
Hi All.

OK moving along nicely now. Just thought I would drop this little update. I have been speaking to Victor regarding this Meeting in the UK. The Developers are looking into it, so please don't pester them with PM's saying please come, you have to come etc etc .

They know about it, they have all the information.

Regards

Shaun
yayness
*grins madly*
w00t. v^^ Good work Ford
Quote from Fordman :Hi All.

OK moving along nicely now. Just thought I would drop this little update. I have been speaking to Victor regarding this Meeting in the UK. The Developers are looking into it, so please don't pester them with PM's saying please come, you have to come etc etc .

They know about it, they have all the information.

Regards

Shaun

Nice one matey .

I know its a bit early an all that, but is there going to be some sort of "official" itinery?, might be an idea to structure it some how as I guess there is going to be a far few people milling out the place!!.

Dan.
I'll have a chat with Senna and Fordy about timetables. But basically turn up any time from 9am onwards. I think we'll try to go somewhere like a park until lunchtime, then after lunch make our way to the track.
9am? *dies*
np Tux, we can start off at 6.30am and be there for a full day's activities
please wait while i pick myself up off the floor...
What a bizarre team sig you have DUMASS (there's a reason that's you name!) :P
With all these people coming from hampshire is there still no spare car for me and Madman? We'll pay a healthy share of the fuel (it'll be far cheaper and more enjoyable than the train) and probably buy you a pint after the race.

Portsmouth btw.

Cheers
Quote from Bob Smith :With all these people coming from hampshire is there still no spare car for me and Madman? We'll pay a healthy share of the fuel (it'll be far cheaper and more enjoyable than the train) and probably buy you a pint after the race.

Portsmouth btw.

Cheers

Shame your not on my route matey, looking like my cars gonna be empty all the way!!!.

Pompy is a little bit too much of a diversion

Dan.
ok I will put up a server later for this track so we can all practice online together. Will post the name later =)
Okay, this has gone quiet in the recent past.

Basically, we haven't forgotten (as if!), but we are now trying to sort of the specifics, as the grand scheme is in place.

The itinery for the day (where to go and when) will be heavily influenced by the weather. The best laid plans of mice and men....

We want to be able to record On-Board footage during the event. Maybe even from two cars. However, this is not proving easy to work out. We'd need a wireless camera, a receiver, and some way of recording that footage. Quality doesn't need to be perfect, but I'd hope it was better than a camera-phone. Does anyone here have experience with this sort of thing, or a desire to learn about it. There are proper helmet mounting camera kits for about £150, but to be honest I'd rather spend less.

Where people are staying (hotels, friends or relatives who live nearby etc) are to be sorted out by yourselves. But I am proposing to go back on the Sunday with Will to the kart track to take part in the Open GP there. It's first come - first server basically, so that might be fun. I guess it depends how much money we have in the end...

So anyway, Will, Fordman and I are still making progress, and are at the details stages now. I think there will be a big edit of the first post in the next couple of days to keep everyone 100% up-to-date.

See you there :P
yea tristan open GP sounds good fun, i propose that we go to Whilton Mill to watch some 2 stroke karting to kill a little time then we can get back in time for 3pm. maybe a few others might want to come before we say goodbye
Not certain if I can come atm, but going to try and find out asap. If I do, I'll bring my miniDV cam along, can get >1 hour footage on that, will find some way of attatching it to the kart (tape?)

Why I may not be able to come is that 22nd is in the middle of 1/2 term holiday, when we may be going away (possibly USA again, not sure (no ideas yet really))
if u are coming along rob, then that would be great!

duct tape works a treat!

The Weekend

what we are looking at doing is meeting in the park starting from 9am until about 12, then going to a pub to have a bite to eat, have a good laugh then get off to the track for about 2pm.

when we arrive we take some photos, make some videos, get suited up and just generally chat! Then the racing begins.....!

With all of the prize giving, safety breifing, practise, quali and 1.5 hour race, i estimate that we will be finished by around 6:30pm-7pm.

we then thought we could order a few pizzas from dominoes to line our stomaches for the night ahead! at about 9pm, after we have got our selfs a little more presentable, we go off to the pubs, and thats where our memories of the night shall end

those guys with hotels go back there, maybe to the hotel bar.

the day after the night before, we say bye to the guys who are leaving, and if anyone is staying for the Open GP we either go off to Whilton, go down the park, or just sleep in for a few hours.

i think thats the day pretty much planned, apart from the fact where we eat the Dominoes pizzas... swifty kindly said his house is free for us all, but i think that 30 or 40 people may be a little too many.

any ideas guys?
Good plan, so far :up: and kudos to you guys for taking it all by the reins and sorting it all :Handshake

As soon as I know I'm going to actually driving to the event, I'll be offering passenger space - but not until then (about 22nd sept I'll know for sure). However, if anyone wants space to kip down for the night, I'll be booking my room for the hotel soon and I'll make sure theres plenty of space for floor or sofa, for whatever (just incase)

UK LFS meet, All Welcome
(492 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG