The online racing simulator
WTH! drifting bycicle?
(62 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from kester :i got a good bike, but i also have a car wich i use everyday lol the only time i used my bike was when i first bought it and i clocked 73kmh go mee!!!!!!one!!!!!!!1!!!!

WTF.

She only goes 96 KM/h...

nice , i can drift my bike like that in the rain, just lean forwards loads, and carry on tapping the rear brake heavily, swinging the rear out with your bumb, but if you hold it that long, the bike just stops, i guess he must be using LOADs of air pressure
Quote from hrtburnout :In free fall?

yeh dont go to mt everest to ride a bike nah it was a steep hill and alot of fun never done it agian! jakg just burn them wtf the point in that?????? pretty much put an egg beater on a brick?
Cool vid.
#30 - JTbo
I remember when I did once return from shop rather quickly, it was of course winter time and there was bit of ice and such.

Anyway, there was few concrete blocks and I needed to squeeze between them, then needed to make hard right that wen't big of uphill move sucseeded well, I drifted about 5 meters cycling with quite quick tempo while my shopping were in plastic bag that did hang from brake lever, however I did not take account of shopping bag inertia, of course it swang back and my drift did not stopped. End result was that I drove about 25kph to brick wall that was next to street, bent front wheel and wall got few nasty marks, after I found out which side was up, I just crab remains of my bicycle and started walking towards home, only bit over 1km left so I was lucky I guess.

No helmet of course, was not used back then, I don't think that they even did sell those in shops widely then.
#32 - Jakg
No, my ultra-high performance super-sports bike.

Thats my lovely and incredibly fast Gilera DNA 50 with it's ultra powerful 50cc Engine.
Quote from JTbo :I remember when I did once return from shop rather quickly, it was of course winter time and there was bit of ice and such.

Anyway, there was few concrete blocks and I needed to squeeze between them, then needed to make hard right that wen't big of uphill move sucseeded well, I drifted about 5 meters cycling with quite quick tempo while my shopping were in plastic bag that did hang from brake lever, however I did not take account of shopping bag inertia, of course it swang back and my drift did not stopped. End result was that I drove about 25kph to brick wall that was next to street, bent front wheel and wall got few nasty marks, after I found out which side was up, I just crab remains of my bicycle and started walking towards home, only bit over 1km left so I was lucky I guess.

No helmet of course, was not used back then, I don't think that they even did sell those in shops widely then.

Well, I've had a few bad biking incidents that had happened to me like that.

Once, I was biking with my friend and we went up our driveway to stop for a break. We both were going pretty fast and he stopped short infront of me. I slam on the brakes just to find out my tire locked out on a stick which sent the bike sliding towards my friend and my knee getting scratched up badly.

Another time, I had to get home fast as it started to rain. Our driveway was full with 3 cars, just a little 3 foot gap to get up. I was going pretty fast and hit the start of the driveway, bike bounced up and I ran into the bushes next to the 3 foot gap.

Not as bad as what happened to one kid in my grade though, he ran into a tree while making a turn.
Speaking of weird things to do on a bike, anybody do burnouts when its rainy or snowy out? It's awesome fun

PS, JTbo, out of all your posts I've read, I haven't once seen the word Volvo in any of them, whats with that?
~Bryan~
Quote from MINIz guy :
Not as bad as what happened to one kid in my grade though, he ran into a tree while making a turn.

My friend crashed into a tree trying to ride right-hand-left/left-hand-right. I believe he ran into a tree while trying to go straight...
Quote from Jakg :No, my ultra-high performance super-sports bike.

Thats my lovely and incredibly fast Gilera DNA 50 with it's ultra powerful 50cc Engine.

What kind of transmission does it have? I see a big CVT box but is there a gear lever?
#37 - Jakg
Nope, i know nothing about the technics of it, it has no gears (or at least it has no way of changing in and out of gears) and has basically an auto transmission.
Me and some of my mates are pretty good at bike dori. Have to make a video one day
i knocked my mates arm out of its socket once. we were cycling down a hill (free wheeling) and i decided to show of infront of a few ladies, so i dropped in a stoppy (nose wheelie). my mate was too busy eye-ing up the tallent and his sholdier met my rear tyre at about 20 mph. althrough his arm was hammered, i landed the stoppy nicely
i tried it once,
no profile on tires, front brake
low gear, and a good stamina
Loving the bright red brake caliper mate, sounds like she needs it

Quote from Jakg :WTF.

She only goes 96 KM/h...

#42 - Jakg
It takes a massive brake caliper like that to tame the wild beast contained inside the bowls of the blue beast.
Quote from Jakg :WTF.

She only goes 96 KM/h...

I've done 40 mph on my mtb I dunno what that is in kph, maybe about 55 so a racer could do lots more. in tour de france they do about 60 mph iirc
#44 - Jakg
Just ftr - to continue the off-topic-ness, it does 96 KM/h (which is 59 MPH - really should get a new speedo sometime...) down a massive hill, usually it cruises at about 50 MPH (80 KM/h, which as you all know is your pit limiter speed!)
Quote from Jakg :Just ftr - to continue the off-topic-ness, it does 96 KM/h (which is 59 MPH - really should get a new speedo sometime...) down a massive hill, usually it cruises at about 50 MPH (80 KM/h, which as you all know is your pit limiter speed!)

no point bringing it into LFS then... couldnt keep up with a uf1 lol!
#46 - JTbo
Quote from anbiddulph :no point bringing it into LFS then... couldnt keep up with a uf1 lol!

You could put turbo into it and that might actually do 130kph then

Surely acceleration would be quite good, also stopping too :P
#47 - Jakg
I reckon it would easily out-brake a UF1 tbh, although i'm one of the boring gits who thinks a PC bike simulation would be rubbish without a controller you actually sit on.
Why all the sudden furore over drifting on bikes? They have been doing it for YEARS...even BEFORE the Japanese started building CARS to drift in!!!

A recent rendition of drifting motorcycles:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7ieK3c-VaWM
Quote from Bladerunner :Why all the sudden furore over drifting on bikes? They have been doing it for YEARS...even BEFORE the Japanese started building CARS to drift in!!!

A recent rendition of drifting motorcycles:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7ieK3c-VaWM

Because much like the suggestions for LFS which is 5 years old (ie. you would think that after 5 years, someone would have thought real tracks or rain would be a good suggestion), the kids think that whatever is new to them, is new to everyone, when in fact, it is just new to them and has been around for years.
The grumpy old men patrol!

WTH! drifting bycicle?
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG