The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :Albieg, it's interesting how you read that from Mosley. .

You say?
Quote :I therefore use my neutrality with a huge amount of responsibility and stay in close contact with Ferrari to assure them that no British 'mafia' or cartel tries to take advantage of them.

I'm just quoting Mosley, and as I said, he used that word in a very much improper way, just as the term is absolutely improper when used to define Ferrari or Ferrari's ways. Read the original page from pitpress if you think I'm wrong.
Quote from Albieg :I'm just quoting Mosley, and as I said, he used that word in a very much improper way, just as the term is absolutely improper when used to define Ferrari or Ferrari's ways. Read the original page from pitpress if you think I'm wrong.

I read the original page on the pitpress site.. what I'm saying is that it makes Mosley sound insane. He's ensuring Ferrari are not being taken advantage of by little green men from Mars. He's lost it.
I can't understand why some people about a couple of weeks ago was a big fan of LH but as soon as it started going down hill for him when his nerves got to him, people started saying how rubbish he is, just shows some people only follow the person who is leading the world championship.

This isn't aimed at everyone just at the odd person who are slagging off a very good F1 driver even when he is still a rookie.

Sam.
I think you don't understand what Albieg is trying to say here Sam(H).
Quote from sam93 :I can't understand why some people about a couple of weeks ago was a big fan of LH but as soon as it started going down hill for him when his nerves got to him, people started saying how rubbish he is, just shows some people only follow the person who is leading the world championship.

This isn't aimed at everyone just at the odd person who are slagging off a very good F1 driver even when he is still a rookie.

Sam.

Oh come off it. Most of the people on here were biased against LH from the start. Unreasonably balanced I may say but if what you are saying is true, it means Hamilton's career is a big hype just as most of the anti-LH's have beeen saying all along and even some 'hardcore' LH fans have seen sense? I hate glory hunters, but I was screaming on my chair next to my dad (an avid LH supporter) which was pissing him off, cos I was like KIMI ON KUNKKU and my dad was getting a bit irritant, so I left the room and went upstairs and started cheering there. I know you weren't, but don't point the finger at me, and say I wasn't on Kimi's ship. I was on it when it Sank at 2006 nurburgring mate..
Quote from SamH :I read the original page on the pitpress site.. what I'm saying is that it makes Mosley sound insane. He's ensuring Ferrari are not being taken advantage of by little green men from Mars. He's lost it.

I really don't understand what you find insane... The fact that F1 is owned and organised by British people? The fact that Mosley uses a word in an improper way, just like it happened for Ferrari? Nobody was screaming at a scandal then. The fact that you don't see any possible (and I say possible) bias in favour of British teams?

I see a lot of possible bias, most decisions have been unfavourable to Ferrari with the notable exception of the movable floor. The rest was downhill, from Hamilton and Alonso keeping their points to Hamilton being towed into race again, from Hamilton escaping punishment for his yellow flag behaviour to Ferrari having to change tyres because of a damn mail that didn't arrive (Fia's fault).

But if it was for me I'd give the boot to Alonso and De La Rosa too for their behaviour. They knew there was something very wrong, and accepted it. Probably you have a rather heroic view of F1. I don't. This is far from being the F1 I like, and all I have to do is to accept it for what it is, analysing facts to the best of my knowledge. I don't pretend I'm not biased, I can't say I am fair in all cases, but there are some facts that tell me that Ferrari wasn't exactly FIA's pet, at least this year.
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh come off it. Most of the people on here were biased against LH from the start. Unreasonably balanced I may say but if what you are saying is true, it means Hamilton's career is a big hype just as most of the anti-LH's have beeen saying all along and even some 'hardcore' LH fans have seen sense? I hate glory hunters, but I was screaming on my chair next to my dad (an avid LH supporter) which was pissing him off, cos I was like KIMI ON KUNKKU and my dad was getting a bit irritant, so I left the room and went upstairs and started cheering there. I know you weren't, but don't point the finger at me, and say I wasn't on Kimi's ship. I was on it when it Sank at 2006 nurburgring mate..

I didn't say I was aiming it directly at you did I.
Quote from sam93 :I didn't say I was aiming it directly at you did I.

I know you didn't, if you read my post fully, you would of seen that.
Quote from BlueFlame :I know you didn't, if you read my post fully, you would of seen that.

Would HAVE seen that.
Just bullying really - you go on and on about how great/awful/amazing/crap English is (delete depending on the topic and what you feel like making up each day), and how good you are at English (anyone not born in England not being allowed to criticise etc). Just wanted to make the point you are a brainless oik. Thanks for listening.
Quote from Albieg :I see a lot of possible bias, most decisions have been unfavourable to Ferrari with the notable exception of the movable floor. The rest was downhill, from Hamilton and Alonso keeping their points to Hamilton being towed into race again, from Hamilton escaping punishment for his yellow flag behaviour to Ferrari having to change tyres because of a damn mail that didn't arrive (Fia's fault).

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19721.html
I believe there is clear proof of pro-Ferrari bias here. Where is Ferrari's penalty for running an illegal car? Why were they not stopped before they gained the advantage, instead of it taking a leak to McLaren to start the ball rolling? Compared with a $100M fine, Ferrari does seem to be walking away from these things. What about Stepney's receipt of McLaren technical docs? Why is that being brushed over, when flow in the opposite direction results in the WMSC eliminating McLaren from the constructors' championship and fining them £100M? Does that not seem at least a little disproportionate?

And if Ferrari forget to run Microsoft Outlook, and collect their email, whose fault IS that?
Perhaps because there is no evidence of McLaren data in Ferrari's use? Stepney did say, after he mentioned it, that he didn't have any proof anymore. Funny that.

As for the flxible floor, it was 100% illegal. It was a stretching of the rules, that was clarifying as illegal after inspection and use. Therefore the car, whilst outside the regulations at the Australian GP, was in fact not illegal in principle.

Everyone knows how crap POP emails are - you should Sam. The FIA shouldn't have used that system.

Now, I'm certainly not saying the FIA aren't pro-Ferrari, because a lot of the time they are. Way over protective might be the term. Biased might be another. But not insanely biased by any means - there are plenty of occurences of Ferrari being walloped by the FIA.

Perhaps someone should compile an exhaustive list of FIA decisions against Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Renault over the period of Mosley's presidency, and compare that with, say, the 10 years before that. It would be very very interesting I'm sure.

The trouble is all of us are too biased to see it. Ferrari fans feel they have been treated fairly, whilst McLaren fans think Ferrari have been arse-licking. Likewise, Ferrari fans think McLaren got off lightly, whilst McLaren fans think it was awful. It's unlikely anyone who knows anything about the sport isn't biased in some way, so we will never really get to see the truth until Bernie and Mosley's respective biographies are published at the earliest.
Exactly, everything must be based on evidence, and we have clear evidence that McLaren used Ferrari data during car development, but no evidence of the contrary, or all evidence coming from Stepney who retracted it. Stepney's voice may be important, but there's something that tells me that his point of view should be taken with a pinch of salt...

And Sam, the movable floor episode you mention, I called it a 'notable exception' in my previous post, so I perfectly acknowledge that.

But, always based on evidence, the lack of harsh punishments for Ferrari stops there, while I clearly understand why all lawyers inside the FIA council were at odds with racers points not being stripped for McLaren after the spy story. But if you're not fine with that, that's your opinion. I'm fine with the results of the tracks. If you're not, sorry.

And the irony of it all is that I'm NOT a Ferrari fan... but this year I couldn't do anything else but sympathise. The next year, it will be a completely different story.

And for the Outlook remarks, please read Fia regulations if you don't know them, or search the forum.
IMO, the president of the FIA should not be a person with an intimate personal friendship with ANY F1 team principle, let alone most/all of them to varying degrees. The WMSC should not be a company whose shareholders are in any way associated with individual teams or companies with vested interests in the industry. There are so many things wrong with the way the industry works that it would have to be FAR different from how it is, for me to BEGIN to consider it potentially credible.

In short, the industry is filthy - whether pro or anti Ferrari, it's repulsively polluted with dirty politics and potential for bias. It has absolutely no credibility as a governing structure, before you even consider adding actual events and circumstances into the mix. Add those, and it's laughable.

I do feel it's laughable, but it's laughable in a revolting way.. like a racist joke makes the joke teller look like a fool. Nothing that's happened this season has done anything to endear the whole motorsports industry, and has left me feeling grubby for even following it and being interested in it, like I have. F1 is, to me, what smoking is.. an awful habit. I love the taste, but I despise the industry for what it does to my body.
Quote from SamH : It has absolutely no credibility as a governing structure, before you even consider adding actual events and circumstances into the mix. Add those, and it's laughable.

That's close to my opinion, but actual events are the only thing I'm willing to talk about. I'm not willing to base my judgements on anything else.

Anyway, I'm still curious about facts. Who was the source telling you that Hamilton's car had a fault due to a remote command sent by someone interested in slowing it down, that is - following your cui prodest logic - Ferrari? Your source may be just reliable as Pitpass', but this reliability has to be double-checked...

(To consider all sources intrinsically unreliable and to double-check them when possible is a lesson I learned indirectly from the best journalist to ever grace the Earth, Eric Blair. Oh, a Briton...)
Quote from Albieg : Who was the source telling you that Hamilton's car had a fault due to a remote command sent by someone interested in slowing it down

i thought it was forbidden for the pit crew to send any data to the car? afaik, they are allowed to receive all the data they want, but any changes to the car must be made from the cockpit (after receiving instructions via radio).
Quote from Albieg :Who was the source telling you that Hamilton's car had a fault due to a remote command sent by someone interested in slowing it down, that is - following your cui prodest logic - Ferrari? Your source may be just reliable as Pitpass', but this reliability has to be double-checked...

I made that up! I thought it was really obvious, and I thought the game was up when Kev pointed out that the car controls were only 1-way these days!

While I said..
Quote from SamH :I don't have anything to gain by making up stuff Someone, somewhere, must have claimed it

[edit] or if not claimed it, at least posed it as a question worth asking

.. I also said..
Quote from SamH :I'm sure it's pure speculation! I mean.. nobody would actually DO that, would they? Who in the world could gain from doing such a thing to Hamilton's car?? It's just silly speculation, I'm sure!

.. just for grins.. but I figured you'd already spotted it as a conspiracy theory when you posted...
Quote from Albieg :In this case, more than a question worth asking, I'd like to have answers, and lots of them. But without any data to back up such hypothesis (or information about the reliability of the source) I'll consider this a conspiracy theory.

I didn't realise anyone was still considering it as an actual possibility! Sorry!
Quote from evilgeek :i thought it was forbidden for the pit crew to send any data to the car? afaik, they are allowed to receive all the data they want, but any changes to the car must be made from the cockpit (after receiving instructions via radio).

I'm totally ignorant about this, so I'm not ruling out any possibility about facts I'm ignorant about. That's why I'd like to know something more from those who seem to have better information than I have, and in this case I have nothing.

Edit: Yes, SamH, I spotted it, and I found it questionable, so here you have my posts about it (including the 'innocent' words just above this edit)... Sometimes I am a cheeky bastard.
Quote from Albieg :I'm totally ignorant about this, so I'm not ruling out any possibility about facts I'm ignorant about. That's why I'd like to know something more from those who seem to have better information than I have, and in this case I have nothing.

Sorry buddy, that's my fault

No, there's no possibility for this to happen these days. There was a time, a few years ago, when it was absolutely viable. Long gone now, though.

I should apologise for the conspiracy theory posts.. they're symptomatic of my completely disparaging feelings towards the mockery they call F1.. but I should definitely have dispelled the theory long before now. Apologies again!
Quote from SamH :
I should apologise for the conspiracy theory posts.. they're symptomatic of my completely disparaging feelings towards the mockery they call F1.. but I should definitely have dispelled the theory long before now. Apologies again!

Read the edit, and have my apologies too. But you deserved it
Quote from Albieg :Read the edit, and have my apologies too. But you deserved it

I did! LOL!!
Alberto. The Humble man.
Not exactly Jake, not in this case... I blatantly lied (knowing that I was lying) exploiting the emotional side of a conversation. This is far from being correct or humble, so I'm renewing once again my apologies to SamH, hoping he understands my motivations. Anyway, it was lighthearted... But George Orwell was really the best journalist ever.
Sam and Al, just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, or maybe the baby out with the bath water would be a better idiom.
But have you guys considered the possibility of a 'hand held non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse gun type thingy' being used to zap Hamiltons car? I'm sure i saw one on Doctor Who or James Bond a few years back.

But in all seriousness, the real question i want an answer for is, a few years ago Max was about to retire, but someone (who's identity has remained a secret) managed to persuade him to stay for 'a few more years'. Who the bloody hell was that, and can we have their address so we can all go round and throw bricks through their windows :mad:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG