The online racing simulator
hey Raffaele ,

The idea of lfs is that every body will drive with same engine, chassi and so on.

so it is not posible in Live For Speed! to use or make your own engine.

Greets,

Reintjan
You can, however, use LFS with patch V and use LFSTweak. Don't ask me how, though... I've never bothered.
You cannot use VHPA to put cars into the LFS. That is not it's intention. I'll merge this with my program thread.
I cant open FOX setups.
I can, so you're going to have to give me a little more info. Do other sets open fine? Are you running LFS compatibility mode?
I got to rename the setups to open...

In my LFS settings folder the name was FORMULA XR_xxx.set

I got to rename to Formula XR_xxx.set

Why?
Peculiar, mine are uppercase and load fine. Not sure what to recommend, I can't think what the problem would be. If you create a new vehicle, based on the FOX, and give it an all uppercase name (no need to chango any numbers), will they open then?
Hello,

After I downloaded VHPA from vehicle-analyser.com I installed the program and tried to start it, but then I got a bug. It's the same bug sil3ntwar had (he replied on page 1) but I got Windows XP. I attached a screenshot of the bug. (Could it be a problem that I am a demo racer?).
I hope you can help me.
Thanks.

/Masterlen
Attached images
VHPA3 bug.bmp
Bob I have the same issue that Campos_MIC had setups will only load if I rename them so the case matches the vehicle name. I couldn't work out how to create a new vehicle either to test if it works with the name in capitals.
Masterlen - you managed to not read the readme, nor the FAQ? Tut tut. Download and install these.

ajp - press "Toggle Vehicle Tools" above the car image. All should become apparent. I'm still bemused as to why it's doing that, but only for some people?
Quote from Bob Smith :Masterlen - you managed to not read the readme, nor the FAQ? Tut tut. Download and install these.

ajp - press "Toggle Vehicle Tools" above the car image. All should become apparent. I'm still bemused as to why it's doing that, but only for some people?

I've done that and pressed create new vehicle and typed in the new name without touching any of the values on the right. What confused me was what I should do next I tried pressing enter with no luck and can't see any ok button.
Click "Add Vehicle", although it will be greyed out it any values boxes are red (i.e. incomplete). This is true for some of the LFS cars as default so you will need to make up values.
Quote from Bob Smith :Masterlen - you managed to not read the readme, nor the FAQ? Tut tut. Download and install these.

Thank you.
Hi Bob, I have just tried to install VPHAv3-LFS onto my Vista install.
I am getting a COMDLG32.OCX error which I presume is due to not having the VB run files, however when checking OS versions on the VB6 download page there is no mention of Vista support.
So can I just install them onto Vista or is there something else I need?
Any help would be appreciated.
The VB6 runtime files are included by default on (I think) Windows 2000 and later, so Vista shouldn't need them.

What it will need, however, are the additional VB6 component files, available directly from the VHPA downloads page. Installation instructions are included in the zip but let me know if you can't get it to work.

In other news some people might be pleased to know I'm itching to get on with the next version (although from the perspective of anyone who followed the development process up until now, most of the major and most exciting work has already happened, but there is still some worthwhile stuff to be added).
Thanks Bob, works a treat
Hi, i've been try to load the setup for my GTi in to the program but get this message, i have the correct car selected so i dont see what i've got to do.

also should the anti-roll bar after the under/over-steer bars?

thanks
Quote from JasonL220 :Hi, i've been try to load the setup for my GTi in to the program but get this message, i have the correct car selected so i dont see what i've got to do.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9397/37383318qe1.png

That image isn't working for me. Could you just type out the text?

Quote from JasonL220 :also should the anti-roll bar after the under/over-steer bars?

thanks

Yes, the anti-roll bars will affect the suspension balance diagram, and if you have set the live settings to induce lateral acceleration, then the tyre balance diagrams will also be affected.
Hmm, hmm. If I click create new vehicle and input name, there is two red boxes at right with 0 in them, they don't accept numbers between 1-49, only 50 and up will do, but I should not edited any values I read, however without editing any values I get no add vehicle button, it is greyed out.

Boxes are "Front Passenger Cog position" and "Rear Passenger Cog position", however car I put was FOX, it has no passenger seats?

Maybe it should work this way?
Quote from Bob Smith :That image isn't working for me. Could you just type out the text?

It loads now. Make sure LFS compatability mode is enabled.

Quote from JTbo :Boxes are "Front Passenger Cog position" and "Rear Passenger Cog position", however car I put was FOX, it has no passenger seats?

It's a bug of sorts, yes. The passenger seat locations are passed for validation regardless of the number of seats. The value has to be above 50% so that the program can automatically place left and right side passengers, it means the data has to always be for one side.

You can just enter 50s in those boxes for now (making the new BMW are we?) as they won't have any affect.
Thx

Well, I thought I should test a bit of stupid wing car before new patch comes so it would be easier to evaluate possible changes there is to old physics and also easier to test new car
Hi Bob, the new X30 sets are unreadable for VHPA. The tool only can
read setups before X30.
Its not the new setup name, when you rename an old setup only the program can read it, but once saved in LFS X30 its unreadable afterwards.
Ulli
Perhaps the setup format has changed. The program needs updating anyway with the updated car specs, the new naming conventions, the new car and the new features I'm working on. I doubt it will be out this year though. I'll try and keep the first update small so people can use it for patch Y asap.
Bob, When will you be releasing a version compatible with X31 setups? I try to run latest vers of VHetc and it just reports incorrect version of setup.

Ven
Yes I have noticed this too. It will take me a couple of weeks I'm afraid as there are numerous changes that need to be made in order to update the program for patch Y.

So far I see:
* Update car default specifications (applies to dp1 as well) [done]
* Add FBM [done]
* Update setup format [done]
* Update LFS compatability mode with new setup naming convention [done]
* Make ARBs actually reduce body roll [done]
* Fix unit bug [done]

Additionally I want to add:
* Better torque curve modelling (this I have already done outside of VHPA, so just need to import it in) [done]
* Remove the default vehicles from the .exe and create an auto-loader list so they are loaded from files on startup, this list would be configurable and means I only need one exe for the standard and LFS version [done]
* Add a new installer interface so you can pick which version to install and pre-configure some options, all from one download (which will simplify the website a bit too) [done]
* New version update checker [done]
* Add engine braking / make engine braking reduction work / add engine and gearbox to deceleration testing [done]
* Fuel consumption [done - but doesn't dynamically reduce mass of car, not really important when at most 2 litres are burnt]
* Make tyre load sensitivity work properly (taking contact patch area into account) [done]

And finally of course:
* Necessary updates to the manual to reflect these changes [done]
* Update website [done]

VHPA v3.1.4 [updated 26/03/10]
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG