The online racing simulator
having trouble with BF1 on Kyoto Ring Oval
just having some trouble... dunno whether it is my gear ratios or what but i am lapping 2 - 2.5 seconds slower than everyone else on the track. They average 31's and i get 33's...

just wondering if someone could help me

cheers
Try saving a replay of one of your laps, in hotlap mode preferrably. There's some aliens on this forum that can see where you might be losing the time.
yeah i did a hotlap, got into 32.92. I pressed 1 to watch the replay then when i go to save it (2) it says replay not being recorded :S
#4 - Nobo
For further oval related questions you may want to ask here: www.fragmaster.net

Here is a set good enough for mid 31's without draft.

Just save it into your lfs/data/settings folder and chose it in the garage
Attached files
BMW_SAUBER_KY_Oval_chris.set - 132 B - 232 views
Quote :
Just save it into your lfs/data/settings folder and chose it in the garage

i did that, went into LFS and went to the garage... and BMW_SAUBER_KY_OVAL_chris isn't coming up... the rest are... such as default, RACE_s and just my screw around with ones....
No but KY_OVAL_chris should? name of car is not displayed in game.
#7 - Nobo
you may need to delete the "_" between "bmw" and "sauber"

Changed the filename to bmw sauber_Kyovalchris
Attached files
BMW SAUBER_KYOvalchris.set - 132 B - 161 views
Remember there's also a maximum filename length (16 characters IIRC), so if it's not working try just calling it BMW_Sauber_1 or something instead.
thankyou very much guys it worked
Quote from bennyy :yeah i did a hotlap, got into 32.92. I pressed 1 to watch the replay then when i go to save it (2) it says replay not being recorded :S

I belive when you press 1 replay is automatically saved.
Check your LFS/data/spr folder for a file with a name "[user] [track] [laptime].spr" or something like that.
Lap time is for sure part of the file name
Quote from bennyy :just having some trouble... dunno whether it is my gear ratios or what but i am lapping 2 - 2.5 seconds slower than everyone else on the track. They average 31's and i get 33's...

just wondering if someone could help me

cheers

I`ll bet it`s all caused by downforce and lines mostly.
Be high on the track on the straights, and low in the corners, then try to do it smooth and you will get good lap times

About downforce, try to use 0-2 on wings, it will give you some corner speed aswell as beeing fast on the straights.
http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu

just in case you need setups for other combos.

and if you want to see some replays from people that already spend some time into hotlapping you can also download them here:

http://www.lfsworld.net

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG