The online racing simulator

PRICELESS
Gutted for Hamilton, but his time will come.
Pleased for Kimi, he deserved to win at least one Championship in his career.
Really really chuffed Alonso didn't win, hope he goes to Toyota next year

And those who are calling Nino Farina a rookie really don't know what they're talking about. Granted he won the inaugural F1 World Championship, but he was in the top flight of Grand Prix racing either side of the war. So to call him a rookie is an insult to the guys talent and courage, and is quite frankly an uneducated comment.
yay for kimi

the guy from [spain] doesnt look all too bothered about losing the championship (or rather about not losing it to some rookie)
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1720/alonsololwb4.jpg
Quote from diablo21 :I was not trying to get in his head who great Alonso is. I can't care less what he thinks. I just said he could be a bit more respectful to us and if he doesn't care who he offends he IS quite a b*tch.

Saying "that country neal Portugal" is an insult to you? Wow dude, you need to thicken your skin. I don't see anything at all wrong with that statement.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Granted he won the inaugural F1 World Championship, but he was in the top flight of Grand Prix racing either side of the war. So to call him a rookie is an insult to the guys talent and courage, and is quite frankly an uneducated comment.

Farina was a rookie. All the drivers were F1 rookies since it was the first championship ever. That's not an insult to his driving abilities and far from being uneducated. It's just a technicality. By the way, no matter who won that championship, it had to be of course an F1 rookie.

The term rookie applies to Hamilton in the same way: he was a rookie in F1, but as it happens from the second F1 championship to today, not all drivers are rookies.

Edit: and Maggot, no matter how you see it, the removal of the name Spain from Tristan's post was intentional, thus derogatory.
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by zeugnimod
I just heard from RAI TV that the BMWs can be disqualified for fuel irregularities, so Hamilton could win the title. What a joke.
Huh, FIA move AGAIN?
Quote from diablo21 :Huh, FIA move AGAIN?

I don't know. It seems they're double checking BMW fuel samples to see if there's any difference between the sample submitted before the race and the fuel left after the race.

Update: Joe Bauer (FIA) talked about 4 cars, both Williams and BMW.
Looks like Toyota found a perfect substitute for Ralf.

lol... shite driver who lost the championship in last 2 races
Hamilton on Barrichellio... lol I thought those types of 'karting' moves don't work in single seaters... nuff said guys... nuff said!!! seriously nuff said....

well at least Hamilton beat the 2xWDC in the same car this year in his first attempt... not bad... but CHINA!!!!
Quote from Albieg :I don't know. It seems they're double checking BMW fuel samples to see if there's any difference between the sample submitted before the race and the fuel left after the race.

Update: Joe Bauer (FIA) talked about 4 cars, both Williams and BMW.

Any news links?

And I thought the season was already had enough farces.
Quote from Intrepid :Hamilton on Barrichellio... lol I thought those types of 'karting' moves don't work in single seaters... nuff said guys... nuff said!!! seriously nuff said....

Still having troubles finding real life racers to race with, Intrepid?

I thought Hamilton was lucky there, Barrichello has been intelligent and managed to avoid a racing incident. It was just a question of time, and he knew it, so he didn't close the door.

No news, deggis, the official chart for the GP hasn't been printed yet. The checks are still going on and the investigation could go on till morning (here).
BBC News - "Hamiltons first year failure".

It's stll a ruddy big acheivement to come 2nd, equaling a 2x World Championship in your First Year.
Quote from Albieg :Farina was a rookie. All the drivers were F1 rookies since it was the first championship ever. That's not an insult to his driving abilities and far from being uneducated. It's just a technicality. By the way, no matter who won that championship, it had to be of course an F1 rookie.

The term rookie applies to Hamilton in the same way: he was a rookie in F1, but as it happens from the second F1 championship to today, not all drivers are rookies.

Rookie = a. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, b. An inexperienced person; a novice c. A first-year player, especially in a professional sport (Answers.com)

The first F1 World Championship was essentially a pooling together of the existence series of Grand Prix race's. So almost all of the drivers involved in the inaugural F1 season were already seasoned professional Grand Prix drivers. Farina had already won a couple of Grand Prix by that stage. The only thing an F1 Championship added to the existing series of races (besides a lot of boring rules and regulations) was include a points system and the title of World Champion.
If Farina had come straight from a lower class of racing, e.g the
Voiturette class, into the first F1 season then yeah he would be classed as a rookie. But just because they were all technically first timers in the first F1 season there's no way you can call them all rookies. Honestly, would you really call Fangio and Ascari rookies too ?
A finale to end all.
OK, this race had about everything, apart from a red flag and some mad bloke running to-wards the card with a sandwich board declaring the end of the world due to alien invasion piggy backing on tiny spacecraft/asteroids (I've been drinking, slightly)

Cant believe the newbie for Williams, (Ain't going to try and spell, due to earlier reason of consumption of Magners cider) nearly took out his pit boys, the way the camera cut to it made it very dramatic. Any word on the 2 boys hurt? Also well done Kimi and unlucky Lewis. The lack of experience showed when he tried to overtake Alonso on the 4/5 corner, but had little to do with gearbox trouble.

Lets hope that somehow the cars become a bit easier to overtake next year, but doubt it.
:jawdrop: @ Deggis' post
You're making a fuss over a technicality, Mazz4200. Hamilton and Farina were both first year players because Farina won the first F1 championship ever.
And yes, I'd classify Ascari and Fangio as rookies too if they were first year players like Hamilton and Farina. Face it, it's a technical term, not a derogatory one.
Quote from Albieg :You're making a fuss over a technicality, Mazz4200. Hamilton and Farina were both first year players because Farina won the first F1 championship ever.
And yes, I'd classify Ascari and Fangio as rookies too if they were first year players like Hamilton and Farina. Face it, it's a technical term, not a derogatory one.

I know you don't mean it as a derogatory term Albieg, but, there have been a few comments in here by other people who didn't quite understand the circumstances behind Farina's entry into the F1 history books.
Quote from Albieg :Still having troubles finding real life racers to race with, Intrepid?

I thought Hamilton was lucky there, Barrichello has been intelligent and managed to avoid a racing incident. It was just a question of time, and he knew it, so he didn't close the door.

No news, deggis, the official chart for the GP hasn't been printed yet. The checks are still going on and the investigation could go on till morning (here).

yes he was SMART, and DIDN'T CLOSE THE DOOR!! excellent driving from both!
Quote from Intrepid :yes he was SMART, and DIDN'T CLOSE THE DOOR!! excellent driving from both!

But if he closed it, I'd have seen nothing strange. I doubt Hamilton would have pulled such a stunt if he hadn't been in dire need. Overall, I didn't like that pass.

Edit: Mazz4200, you still believe other people use the term rookie in a derogatory way, judging from your first post. It isn't so. Read their posts again and you'll figure out.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Cant believe the newbie for Williams, (Ain't going to try and spell, due to earlier reason of consumption of Magners cider) nearly took out his pit boys, the way the camera cut to it made it very dramatic. Any word on the 2 boys hurt? Also well done Kimi and unlucky Lewis. The lack of experience showed when he tried to overtake Alonso on the 4/5 corner, but had little to do with gearbox trouble.

Not sure if anyone else remembers, but the camera cut do it after impact - all you saw is several Mechanics flying through the air...

@ Deggis - "Could not connect: Too many connections" - Seems that was popular :P

Am i the only one who thinks that the McLaren Pit crew look like 1987 regional Darth Vader-lookalike rejects...?
Quote from Jakg :@ Deggis - "Could not connect: Too many connections" - Seems that was popular :P

For those unable to open the site Deggis found:

BMW and Williams under investigation

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, October 21st 2007, 20:50 GMT
BMW Sauber and Williams are under investigation of the Brazilian Grand Prix race stewards, autosport.com has learned.
Representatives of both teams were summoned to the stewards' office after their cars failed post-race inspection at Brazil.
The problem is believed to be in the tempature of the fuel samples taken from the cars of Williams's Nico Rosberg and BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.
The trio finished the race in fourth, fifth and sixth respectivel
y

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG