The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :Health and safety makes the workplace boring.

Jeff - nicely done, that lego car. Makes my robot-car-thing look rather feeble (1, 2, 3).

The steering is nice, i should have a go too :\
Sadly, those motors need more power...
I don't see smileys.... I certainly hope you noticed the smiley in my post

Seriously, we have a "Safety Coordinator" at work, who's most difficult task is to send weekly emails about safety topics (wish I had that job, especially since he probably makes $20,000 more than me just for sitting on his arse). But he sends out a picture quite a few times a year of what I portrayed in my post. I tried to find the picture for my post up there, but I must have deleted the email a long time ago.
I just noticed another special ability: I sometimes use karate punches to the light switches

oh yeah i forgot about that ... i often switch my lights on or off with a muai thai knee strike
I'm 14, so am I allowed to do childish things yet?
Shopping trolleys...
... I drift with them too... but don´t make noises. The drifting is not because it´s drifting, but because it´s "effective". If you have i.e. 2 boxes full of Mineral Water in the trolley it gets very heavy. It´s very ineffective to stop the trolley and pull it around a corner just to have to accellerate it again. So I try to do some kind of scandinavian flick to get it in the right position for the next 90 right, 100, 90 left etc...

If you do it right you need very low forces to get the trolley through the Supermarket. You can even do it with one hand
Quote from Hyperactive :I just noticed another special ability: I sometimes use karate punches to the light switches

That's nothing, I used to switch lights on or off with controlled slight kick.
Got to take up that habit again, it's a nice stretching exersice.
You guys make turning on and off the lights just way too hard. I walk into the room and give the wall a hit with my fist Fonzy style. Doesn't have to be at the switch. Works every time.

If you want me to kick the lights on, better move those switches down to about 2 feet off the floor now

I worked in the quality lab at my present place of employment. We made automotive bumpers, and had to do quality checks every 4 hours. I would go and gather armfuls of bumpers, then use my foot to turn the door knob, open the door, then close it again. I got pretty good at turning the door knob with my foot. It took us a few years, but we finally convinced the lab manager to remove the plunger from the doors and put auto closers on top. Then we wouldn't have to worry about trying to turn the knobs with our feet.
Quote from mrodgers :All of our normal platform lifts were being used, so I threw a pallet with a ladder on it on a forktruck, then lifted that forktruck with one of our bigger forktrucks and was going to climb up there to work. .....

*Sorry* ARE YOU RETARTED???? mate in australia if you'r supervisor saw that you would have to move country just to get another job! i drive a forklift ,and if you go through a door way without honking you can get fired! i forgot to do it once and got a grilling of a lifetime! geez somepoeple are stupid!
Quote from kester :*Sorry* ARE YOU RETARTED???? mate in australia if you'r supervisor saw that you would have to move country just to get another job! i drive a forklift ,and if you go through a door way without honking you can get fired! i forgot to do it once and got a grilling of a lifetime! geez somepoeple are stupid!

What's the problem? The bigger truck was much bigger and didn't have a problem at all picking up the little one?
What?
Attached images
perfectlysafe.jpg
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :OMG! HOW THE HELL CAN SOMEONE BE THAT STUPID!!

:jawdrop:

What are you talking about? He's using 2 beams, 1 would be stupid!
#67 - Smax
I have a big red "missile launch" button on my desk at work complete with flip up plastic cover. Whenever I am talking to a complete ****wit on the phone [which is at least once a day] It amuses me to press the button and imagine that I have just sent a lightning bolt their way.

I also have a desktop Soviet flag - it sits in a very particular place on my desk, where it is right in the line of sight of the person who sits behind me. This is because said person annoys me and my "goddam commie flag" annoys him which seems a fair enough arrangement to me.

I am actually not a communist but I do find it amusing pretend that I am since my office is full of irritating people like the one who sits behind me. I have recently bought some Hammer and Sickle cufflinks from Ebay just to wear to work. Given the look onmy manager's face the other day when she noticed them I may find it safer to wind the game back a notch or two for a while. Oh well, I'm a little ashamed to admit I was actually enjoying being quite so childish.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG