The online racing simulator
#1 - Crady
I need a new wheel, but which one?
Hello!

Until now I am using a Microsoft FFB USB wheel and I love it!

But now the rubber begins to get loose so I decided to buy a new wheel.

Which wheel should it be?

1.) G25 (for this one I have to save money for several month...)
2.) DFP which is rather cheap now...

Well I think I do not need 900 degrees because in LFS I only use 180 for my setup and driving style - I do not like to turn the wheel more than 90 degrees to one direction.

And I love shifting with the Paddles and always having two hands on the wheel. So I think the DFP is not for me because it has no shifting Paddles right?...

But how is it with the G25? Can I use it with LFS without using the clutch pedal (I am a left - braker)? Is there enough space for big feet? How about driving H-shifters and sequenzial shifters? Is it easy to switch between the controll - profiles?

Or should I look at e-bay for a Good Microsoft wheel again?

Thank you for your suggestions!
DFP is a good wheel, and im pretty sure it comes with paddles along with a sequential shifter, but i cannot say as i have never owned one. As for a G25, these are good wheels. You dont have to use the clutch to change gear in the race cars (open wheelers) and if you turn auto clutch on, you dont have to in the road cars either. About the turning degrees, you can adjust them from 30-900 degrees, which is good. I have biggish feet, and i find i have plenty of room when left foot braking, or doing heel and toe, but there are people out there with bigger feet then me, so whether its a problem for them, i dont know.

Hope this helped anyway.

P.S my feet are size 11 (uk) just incase you wanna know how your feet would fit on the pedals.

P.S2, my suggestion is to go for the G25. It may take a while to save up the money, but it is well worth it.
#3 - Crady
Ok, thank you!

But I have to add that I sometimes play rFactor too for the Nordschleife...

So the wheel should be perfct for this game too. Is the DFP perfect for rFactor too?

And how many buttons are usable on the DFP, when uing the paddles for shifting (my microsoft has 6 +2 for shifting - but there could be more)
DFP has paddles for shifting, but they aren't big enough, but if u get used to it, it's not that hard. It has 10 buttons, D-pad (4 directions) and 2 paddles
i did it !!!!

i found G25 in my country and i got it .

i'm so happy .
Sorry, I don't mean to threadjack, but then again I didn't want to create yet another topic about this..

My Logitech Formula Force EX is broken, and I'm going to return it to the store and complain. Thing is, I already owned one of these wheels, but that one broke too, so this time I'm going to get a different wheel. The key requirement is smoothness and strength and very good return-to-center force feedback. With my Formula Force EX, I'm not able to turn the force strength above 30 (out of 200) in LFS before it starts violently skipping and shaking when I turn, which is totally unacceptable of course. I want a wheel which retains smoothness in all situations.

Clutch is also great, but not a necessity. I'm willing to pay up to 50£ in addition to what the Formula Force EX cost me.

Any suggestions? It seems that the DFP is not available in Norway.. Logitech's webpages list only the G25, MOMO and the one I have now..
Quote from Gnomie :...Any suggestions? It seems that the DFP is not available in Norway.. Logitech's webpages list only the G25, MOMO and the one I have now..

i dont mean to sound like a fanboi or nothing, but you should definetely go for a G25. If possible, go for a new one, as the shifter has been revised. Meaning now, it does'nt have no more "clicking" noise everytime you change gear, and aparently, the common problem of the reverse breaking has been solved. The FFB on this wheel is sublime, you can feel every little bump. The momo is also a brilliant wheel, with alot of people preferring this over the G25. I have driven with this wheel, and it is great. The fabric (suede?) feels great in your hands, and is very comfortable. I have heard these have pedal problems though, so if possible, go for the rev.2 version.

But ye, either of these wheels are great wheels. I think its just down to what your taste is and what kinda of things you want to get from a wheel.

P.S the return to centre FFB is adjustable on both these wheels. It is recommended you put it on 0% though, as the FFB from turning produces enough resistance as you go back to the center.
Thanks for your reply! After some consideration, I'm afraid the G25 is too expensive for me.. Since the MOMO is half the price (in Norway at least) and some players actually prefer it over the G25, I think I'll go with the MOMO. I'll call the store tomorrow and explain the situation and ask them to order a MOMO for me. (don't think they have it in their shelves yet)

Before I make the call though.. is there any chance that the steering wheel issues that I'm experiencing are software related? Could my drivers be out of date? I visited Logitech's webpage, but I couldn't find any newer drivers..
The DFP is in the Playstation section of that website not the PC bit.

I have my DFP at around 25 to 30% FFB anymore and it's really hard With a lesser wheel the FFB might not be so good and give you dodgy feedback.

If you looked at the site and there are no newer driver then I think it answers that question. It also depends on what or how it breaks? If it was a software issue there might be more people talking about it, google and find out
Seems I'm already running the newest drivers, so that shouldn't be the problem. I'm quite convinced that this is a hardware issue, I couldn't find anything on Google. So I'll make that call to the store tomorrow. From what I gather the MOMO is supposed to be leaps and bounds better than the EX, with a much stronger FFB. And playing LFS with an inferior steering wheel is nothing short of heresy.
I just spoke to the store, and they confirmed that my MOMO is arriving at the store tomorrow! Which means that my productivity --> 0 tomorrow, so I better get some work done this afternoon.
The DFP is a Playstation marketed wheel that works with the PC (and is supported in the official drivers). It's normally about the same price as a Momo and user opinions vary as to which is best, its real up side is the 900 degree wheel rotation whereas the Momo may be better built (I don't know because I've never had one). There is also a new wheel, the Porsche 911 Turbo, by Fantec that looks like it could be a G25 rival for a bit less that is due to come out for Christmas, but it is probably still out of your price range.
Thread Hijack

How do you know from the box that it's a Rev.2 version? Im getting one tomorrow and i don't want any problems...
My MOMO arrived today, and my first impressions are great!!! I need to modify my table sligthly to accomodate it though..

One question about settings: I adjusted all the parameters in the Profiler according to the LSF manual, and no problems there. But I wonder how I should adjust the "wheel turn degrees" and "wheel turn compensation" in LSF itself... AFAIK the MOMO has 220 degrees rotation, right, so I was thinking I'd set the degrees of rotation to 210 or somesuch to prevent the wheel from slamming into the extreme when drifting. (if you get my meaning) However this didn't seem to work. I'm a bit confused about the correspondence between the degrees of rotation and the recalibrate axes. Anyone got any advice here? Thanks!

BTW maybe I should ask this in a different thread, but..
I think the Momo has a bit more than 220 degrees of rotation (maybe 270).

The degrees of rotation slider in LFS basically sets the degrees of rotation for a full lock of your wheel. So if you set it the same as your wheel the steering wheel in LFS will move the same angle as your wheel. If you set the value to two times the rotation of your wheel the wheel in LFS will rotate twice as far and so on.
Logitech MOMO Racing has 240 degrees of rotation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG