The online racing simulator
so is everyone happy with live for speed
(46 posts, closed, started )
Are you liking live for speed because I think its .well do you:fence3d:
Umm, yes, that's why we're here.illepall
#3 - axus
Well this probably takes the crown for the most pointless thread of the year. I know its 1 Jan still - 364 days to go, but I can't see this being beaten.
Quote from scotty37 :Are you liking live for speed because I think its .well do you:fence3d:

Indeed!

Quote from axus :Well this probably takes the crown for the most pointless thread of the year. I know its 1 Jan still - 364 days to go, but I can't see this being beaten.

lol! ^^
Why are you asking? Can you imagine someone visiting forum who'll not like LFS??
#6 - bbman
Yeah, I do... What was the name of this brazilian guy again, that just didn't wanna shut up about GTR is so much better than LfS?
#7 - axus
Deleure... aaaah... the memories! I feel like re-reading that whole thread just for laughs.
I play :lfs: because its fun...
Live for speed owns me.
I think racing LFS for 3 Years now, says it all
Personally I cant stand it I thought this was the Linux From Scratch forums!

Silly question really
Quote from MadCatX :Why are you asking? Can you imagine someone visiting forum who'll not like LFS??

me!
Happy, but I could be happier
hate the thing.. i no longer have a life because of it!!!!!
Ehm, we dont have to be happy with LFS, we can like it but still think alot needs to be better to be happy with the way it is.
And being a member of this forum doesnt mean much really. Even if you post alot. Being unhappy with LFS and why might be what you're posting about.

But yea, I'm happy with that LFS.exe icon on my desktop. I never took it off, I've had it there for years now. Never regretted paying for it twice.
yep, I'm very happy with LFS.

I'm just super glad that I found LFS, and a friend that pulled me into buying the license.
Quote from Priitmek :Umm, yes, that's why we're here.

I'm still about because I feel more important here than I do in real life.

I suspect Tristan is here because he thinks people are listening.
Drag me into this why don't you!!!

I'm here because, for me, LFS is the best simulator. But not only that, I totally approve of the devs method of making LFS, and I know LFS can only get better. It's not perfect yet, and probably never will be. But nothing else comes close so far. And thats just the car simulation. The additional stuff, such as other people, the devs themselves, the enthusiasm et al all make for a great sim.

And Bob, I'm totally aware that most, if not all people ignore me. We have a 'moan about Tristan' thread, so use it if you have to
Lfs is the best game ever for me.
Quote from tristancliffe :And Bob, I'm totally aware that most, if not all people ignore me. We have a 'moan about Tristan' thread, so use it if you have to

I was only joking.
I'm happy, because
Life is like this ...

But LFS is like this
Yes. I've been very happy with LFS since the first public demo
not that happy here, lfs kinda lost its charm after so much time playing it, i wish something new happened but its a slow progress project and a long to do list.
I'll say I am happy and unhappy with LFS. I am happy because there isn't another sim out there that lets me try out that feels like it. Everything in how you feel the car is fantastic. The visuals, the force feedback, and the sounds blend together perfectly and tells you exactly what the car is doing. I am happy because it is only alpha release, not even beta and it is better than most full releases. I am happy at the way the devs are going at LFS, not about money, not about releasing as quick as they can to take your money, but about getting it right. It may not all be completely right as for now, but they are working on getting it right, rather than getting it finished. I am happy at how easy it is to get involved in a race online. LFS was my first experience at online gaming, but I've seen other games in the past, you need the ip address, you need to jump through this hoop, then that hoop.

I am unhappy in the racers over here in the US. Where did all you veterans go? rFactor? GTR? GTL? The evenings in the US are dwindling for finding a race you want to race in. Really, there is usually only 1 server to jump on that is actually racing. Why is it that most of the servers I see in public anymore always running qualifying or practice? Even with several racers, you jump on and want to race and noone else does. If you want to hotlap, ok, that's fine, but I just don't get it. Racing against real people is what it's about. How can hotlapping be as exciting as hanging on someone's tail, waiting for the opportunity to make a move, seeing it exiting T-whatever on the last lap, fighting it out the last few corners, and finishing the pass on the final turn heading for the finish line. I'm not that fast, and it seems all the rest of the "not that fast" veterans are gone.

I'm unhappy about the fact that when I do see a server with a lot of racers, the race finishes and 40% continue to vote to restart and the other 60% just drive around ignoring it. What's the point? If you just want to drive around, then leave the server and go join one of the ones I've mentioned that don't run anything but qualifying and practice. If a server has a bunch of racers in it, then race!

The racers are not really LFS's fault, but for LFS, I am unhappy with the tracks and cars. I'm kind of tired of them. I don't like the road cars and don't like the open wheelers. I'd like to see more cars, more selection in the GTR class and another racecar class as well like V8's or something. I know, I know, maybe when S3 is out. I would like to see that though. Same with the tracks. I'm not fond of S1 tracks and think the S2 tracks are great. But would like to see some more.
It's a very good sim, the only thing that's bothering me is the (very, very, very) slow development process. Either work faster or find some more programmers
This thread is closed

(46 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG