The online racing simulator
Video Format Help
(12 posts, started )
Video Format Help
Hi,

Im trying to upload a Video under Mpeg format into google video and the file contains a wooping 356mb and only 8mins long. I might aswell give up as it would take years to upload that. Is there any format you guys would use to upload onto Youtube?

Many Thanks,

Matt
DIVX (avi) or WMV
while were at it, what program is a good one to convert .avi to mpeg or other formats. .avis don't work on macs
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :while were at it, what program is a good one to convert .avi to mpeg or other formats. .avis don't work on macs

You may want to try http://winsite.com

They have many video converters, some free, some shareware.
#5 - J@tko
i always use www.media-convert.com

Its quite quick, but it slows ur PC down loads

If u internet connection is slow, i wouldnt recommend it either cos its all done over the internet
#6 - Jakg
He doesn't want to upload a 358 MB file, therfore that's pointless...
#7 - J@tko
Quote from Jakg :He doesn't want to upload a 358 MB file, therfore that's pointless...

Alright - good point - i only ever upload >10MB usually - it would take aaages to do 358MB
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :while were at it, what program is a good one to convert .avi to mpeg or other formats. .avis don't work on macs

Avi's do so work on mac's, go install Perian or VLC. Perian makes a bunch of things work in Quicktime, and VLC simply will play everything.
Ide google It

Flip4Mac has a free plugin for Macs to play AVIs in Quicktime Player. Also, I've used DivX Doctor II, but have had some audio sync problems - but I'm not sure if it was also caused by the incoming file.

While I'm at it, does anyone have a good method of converting the AVI from fraps to a 1920x1080 (or something) HDV stream (m2v) that could be edited in Final Cut Pro on the Mac? I'm on Intel Mac, so suggestions for Windows or Mac software okay.
The freeware/shareware converters on these software sites are hard to use and very limited in their functions
in my opinion.

If you're looking for a free encoder tool I would give

MPEG Streamclip
-requires Quick Time
-has very powerful batch processing

Virtual Dub
-works with images sequences
-especialy powerful when combining video and audio streams
-a shame it only works with avi

a try.

If you can effort it go for Sorenson Squezze or Canopus Pro Coder. Both have very useful watch folder and batch processing functions where you can even encode in several formats at once but are very expensive.
@ dmwright: YouTube/Google Vide recommends Mpeg-4/AVI+MP3 as upload format. I've good experience with
XVID @ ~1700kpbs
MP3 @ ~128kbps

Shouldn't be more than 80mbs then..

Video Format Help
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG