The online racing simulator
FIA official to ensure McLaren equality
The Spanish protecting their own, how fluffy and nice.
Yes, Ferrari are a bunch of well known cheaters, they took advantage of McLaren plans!
Stupid. illepall
Quote from zeugnimod :Stupid. illepall

Why? It would be stupid not to relate this to what happened in the spy case. The FIA has stated very clearly that they would have protected Alonso and De La Rosa from any kind of retorsion. They have been granted total immunity and they cooperated (not Hamilton). It's far from being stupid. It's a fact.

And please, zeugnimod, just as a simple matter of education and intelligence, back your opinion with facts, if it's not humorous.
I wasn't referring to you but to the decision of the FIA. Sorry.
No problem at all. Anyway even that decision is far from being stupid, if put in the right perspective. But I don't mean to say FIA are acting for good, it's just the outcome of an endless sequence of garbage processing. Trash in, trash out. Or even better: you can't polish a turd, and that's what they're trying to do.
Hamilton co-operated, and had nothing...
BenjiMC, if Hamilton had nothing in his hands he didn't need to cooperate. Therefore he doesn't need protection.
Quote :The news was revealed by the head of the Spanish motorsport federation Carlos Gracia, who will also be attending the event on a personal invitation from McLaren boss Ron Dennis.
Garcia has said he has no doubts that McLaren will treat Alonso and Hamilton equally, as he played down claims that he was also only going to check on fair play.

#11 - FL!P
It was triggered by Alonso claiming that the last set of tyres fitted to his car during Chinese's Q3 had been overinflated on purpose to help Hamilton getting on pole.

Edit: link.
Quote from Albieg :Why? It would be stupid not to relate this to what happened in the spy case. The FIA has stated very clearly that they would have protected Alonso and De La Rosa from any kind of retorsion. They have been granted total immunity and they cooperated (not Hamilton). It's far from being stupid. It's a fact.

And please, zeugnimod, just as a simple matter of education and intelligence, back your opinion with facts, if it's not humorous.

So the FIA are protecting the people who knew they were dealing with stolen information. They knew it was Ferrari data, but they didn't know it was coming from stolen (it wasn't stolen really, more like it was gift wrapped) documents. Hamilton actually visited the FIA in person, so he did cooperate.

I just think its absolute madness to make sure a team like Mclaren treat their drivers with equality...they always have, for decades. I just don't see why Mclaren can't tell Alonso to come in for a drive through by accident, if Ferrari can do it to Massa and ruin his chances of a championship.

Over inflated tyres? I think Alonso is clutching at straws now, maybe he has forgotten he can actually with the championship ON TRACK.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hamilton actually visited the FIA in person, so he did cooperate.

I just think its absolute madness to make sure a team like Mclaren treat their drivers with equality...they always have, for decades. I just don't see why Mclaren can't tell Alonso to come in for a drive through by accident, if Ferrari can do it to Massa and ruin his chances of a championship.

Let's avoid pretending Hamilton needs protection from McLaren. This is not the case. Instead if we talk about Alonso's case the suspicion may be well motivated.

Absolute madness? I don't think so. I think that having a rosey picture of McLaren after what happened this year would be absolute madness. Anyone is free to believe what he wants anyway: as I said earlier, I believe my heroes died a long time ago.
thing is though...McLaren stated in a pressrelease that both drivers get the same chances for winning etc. but Felipe Massa said in an interview he is trying to help Kimi with everything possible...so better put an FIA official to Ferrari hu?
Yes, I believe a FIA official should be put into Massa's cockpit to verify that he doesn't lift off the accelerator to help Raikkonen.

But let's avoid pretending - again - that the situation in Ferrari and McLaren is identical. It isn't. Massa said he's willing to help Raikkonen. Did Alonso say the same thing about Hamilton?

For me it's simpe: I'll wait and see what happens without thinking the baddies are all in Ferrari, or thinking that Ferrari deserves in this situation the same level of screening that McLaren has rightfully earned for this and for next year, or hinting at the Ferrari mafia or Massa wrecking opponents... Partisanship shouldn't be distasteful.

There are better reasons to believe that competition in McLaren could be unfair than to believe that competition in Ferrari could be unfair simply because in Ferrari there's no competition for the title between drivers.
Doesn't really matter if Massa lifts off while under surveillance, since it's "his" decision to help, and not a team order. I think though, now that FIA will do this extra scrutineering, it should become standard procedure or it's favouritism to provide fair opportunity to only certain teams. Sometimes it feels like F1 is full of 12 YOs.
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
I think the issue of team orders with this much at stake is irrelevant, neither Alonso or Hamilton would yield to the other without intervention physically.

It makes me wonder exactly what it would take for the FIA to cry foul though. Take the events of the Chinese GP, had Alonso had the shot tyres and slid off the track would they blame the team for not bringing him in early enough? Would a genuine mechanic's error in a pitstop hold up in any court of arbitration other than Mosley's circus?

If they damage Alonso's chances and Hamilton has another DNF for whatever reason that would send the title to Ferrari, and I think Ron would view Alonso the lesser of two evils in these circumstances. I can't see anything other than detonating Alonso's car as he approaches the chequered flag - with Hamilton just behind - as the only way to guarantee the result the Spanish media and the FIA believe he wants to engineer.

All things considered, if Kimi couldn't win the title then 'something' may happen to Alonso that warrants suspicion, but with Kimi still in the running I can't see them doing anything but setting both cars up for maximum performance.
As far as I read the whole idea of getting an FIA official in there came after Alonso said that he was suspicious of his 0.6sec qualifying time difference in China. He said that the tyre pressure was not right or something like that and spanish media started up a whole "he got sabotaged" domino.
Thats what worries me, Hamilton said his off was due to a rookie mistake, whats betting that Alonso would be saying 'the team sabotaged my race by leaving me out on track and not telling me my tyres were falling apart'.

I feel that Alonso deserves zero protection, his attitude this season has been apalling, he is paranoid and unable to accept that someone is actually better than him. If he wants number 1 status he can have it at Renault...just means that next season he will be finishing 12th instead of 2nd.
Quote from Belain :thing is though...McLaren stated in a pressrelease that both drivers get the same chances for winning etc. but Felipe Massa said in an interview he is trying to help Kimi with everything possible...so better put an FIA official to Ferrari hu?

Why, after all he is Kimi's teammate and has no chance of winning the championship. So why should'nt he help his teammate to win the title, it's what being a teammate is about.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Thats what worries me, Hamilton said his off was due to a rookie mistake, whats betting that Alonso would be saying 'the team sabotaged my race by leaving me out on track and not telling me my tyres were falling apart'.

I'm fairly certain that Hamilton was hung out to dry on gone off tires just so he would end up in the kitty litter. Bernie obviously has a lot of control over Ron Dennis following the whole McLaren scandle so I'd put money on Bernie having made it clear he wanted a title show down in Brazil, probably not minding who wins it so long as it looks exciting for the TV. Hamilton is probably fully aware it wasn't his fault that he was staying out when he should obviously have been coming in, and although the actual off was a really silly one which possibly some people wouldn't have made I'm sure he was happy to say he made a mistake in order to keep friends with Ron under the knowledge he should still win it.

As for Brazil assuming McLaren does play fair there are two people I can seeing winning the title and Alonso isn't one of them. If Alonso and Hamilton have a fair race Hamilton is likely to be faster and more consistent at turning out good laps than Alonso and should take it. However I wouldn't rule out the McLarens taking each other out, either by accident from an over confident passing move (look at Hamilton in any of his 'great' GP2 'passes' or Alonso through Eau Rouge this year) or quite likely through Alonso deliberately taking out his team mate. Obviously that would mean Kimi should walk to his first title, but I'm sure Alonso would rather that than be beaten fair and square by his team mate in his first year in F1.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Why, after all he is Kimi's teammate and has no chance of winning the championship. So why should'nt he help his teammate to win the title, it's what being a teammate is about.

Couldn't agree more. The borderline between what is right and wrong is whether Massa rams the McLaren's off or not :P Wonder if Massa does 1 and they pay Sutil to do another, or better yet, Yamamoto
Or somehow get Ide's Super licence back, because then they can just go "It's how he usually drives!"
Quote from ajp71 :However I wouldn't rule out the McLarens taking each other out, either by accident from an over confident passing move (look at Hamilton in any of his 'great' GP2 'passes' or Alonso through Eau Rouge this year) or quite likely through Alonso deliberately taking out his team mate. Obviously that would mean Kimi should walk to his first title, but I'm sure Alonso would rather that than be beaten fair and square by his team mate in his first year in F1.

Congrats mate, you just won the prize for the most stupid post of the year...by far.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Congrats mate, you just won the prize for the most stupid post of the year...by far.

Where do you live? So I can post the trophy to you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG