The online racing simulator
Now, THIS is a "car" I would like to see in LFS!!!
lol, I can imagine its an interesting drive!!!!!!!

It's a picture I took when I was at the Nurburgring museum earlier in the year, god know's what it is...........
Attached images
3330.jpg
What the hell? It reminds me of a Tyrell. What's it called?
4 engines, nice. Bet that thing goes like the clappers.
Me want's to see if it could move my 19st arse round a track
So the vacuum cleaners near the rear tires is to give cold air?
They're just the exhausts aren't they?
I don't think much of the chassis. I'd rather one real engine than 4 shitty ones. It must sound like a gang of moped riding teenagers.
It depends how they are linked together - surely four 1-cylinder engines running at exactly the same speed would just be a normal 4-cylinder engine?
Those blue things by the tyres are the air intakes. The engines look like 100cc - the ones you used to find on Formula A karts until they went water-cooled.
Holy shit o_O It`s a ....MONSTER!!
look at the size of the fuel tank must be good for about a lap lol
#15 - wark
Quote from Crashgate3 :It depends how they are linked together - surely four 1-cylinder engines running at exactly the same speed would just be a normal 4-cylinder engine?

With a lot of redundant parts and extra weight and tranny friction and no scavenging and, and... four single cylinder engines are probably just going to be four times as rough, too, instead of much smoother.

If you spent a lot of money, maybe it could be done well, if impractically, but this is just...
I don't suppose anyone has any idea what that thing actually is?, and maybe I could find some tech specs/history for it....
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :4 engines, nice. Bet that thing goes like the clappers.

It's going to be a bit less than what a 4cylinder could do.
Quote from Crashgate3 :It depends how they are linked together - surely four 1-cylinder engines running at exactly the same speed would just be a normal 4-cylinder engine?

No, if you look at an engine cut away, only 2 cylinders fire at the same time on most 4cylinder engines... 1 exception being Audis 1.8T (the Audi engine fires 1 cylinder at a time) every engine cylinder that fires, has an alternate cylinder firing at the same time unless its a 1cyl engine or a 2cyl engine.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's going to be a bit less than what a 4cylinder could do.

With the advantages of weighing the same as a bag of flower. Okay, so it isn't the most practical way round it, but there you go.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's going to be a bit less than what a 4cylinder could do.

No, if you look at an engine cut away, only 2 cylinders fire at the same time on most 4cylinder engines... 1 exception being Audis 1.8T (the Audi engine fires 1 cylinder at a time) every engine cylinder that fires, has an alternate cylinder firing at the same time unless its a 1cyl engine or a 2cyl engine.

What? 4 cylinder engines have one cylinder firing at a time. e.g. over 720 degrees of the engine, the firing order might be 1, 3, 4, 2, every 180 degrees.

It's been like that since about 1885 to 2007. Some cars might have wasted spark ignition (so the spark plug will fire at the top of the exhaust stroke, but it doesn't give any power, just simplifies the ignition system, and can clean emissions slightly).
Someone thought they could make themselves a tyrell P6, and went one step further. and it didnt work.
ROLF, I saw that when I went there. Utter madness :P Any idea what it actually is from anyone?
Quote from tristancliffe :What? 4 cylinder engines have one cylinder firing at a time. e.g. over 720 degrees of the engine, the firing order might be 1, 3, 4, 2, every 180 degrees.

It's been like that since about 1885 to 2007. Some cars might have wasted spark ignition (so the spark plug will fire at the top of the exhaust stroke, but it doesn't give any power, just simplifies the ignition system, and can clean emissions slightly).

Not all 4cylinder engines fire individualy Tristan. I have seen a cut-away where the 2 outside pistons and the 2inside pistons fire as a pair not individually.

And I thought it was over 360 degrees of rotation?
Depends if its a two-stroke or a 4-stroke engine. Those look to be two-strokes, as they have no cam rods.
Quote from BlueFlame :Not all 4cylinder engines fire individualy Tristan. I have seen a cut-away where the 2 outside pistons and the 2inside pistons fire as a pair not individually.

And I thought it was over 360 degrees of rotation?

please give me an example of a 4 stroke inline 4 that fires 2 cylinders at a time, you said most do but with one exception the audi.

the only 2 by 2 inline 4 i can think of is yamaha's MR1 moto gp bike when they made "big bang" engine

and 360 degrees of rotation would be a 2 stroke
Attached images
engine-inline-4.gif

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG