The online racing simulator
LFS Mail
(55 posts, started )
After my own Insim 3 efforts for a PM system I am really keen to implement this, and possibly provide that central SQL server. I would like to see it running a server to have a look at it, and even joined you online but it wasnt running on that server and you are afk.

I'll try to catch up with you later to see it, if it's all good we'll try it in combination with our own system to check compatability and if that all works well then we'll see about setting up an SQL database for all servers to use on the UKCT box, if you are still in need.
yeah, perfect, we can email each other ingame Becky rather than through this forum... perfect
Great spam ingame as well
Quote :Great spam ingame as well

For me the goal of private messaging was always about removing spam from public chat that has no place there, as well as providing community for teams & groups interested in certain 'less popular' classes a place to arrange races across servers.

These all sound like plus points to me, even if many of us only benefit from 1 or 2 things.

EDIT: I see you are offline now T-RonX, i'd like to meet up with you tomorrow if it is possible and have a look at this system.
Alright, I have got a master server now.

birder proved me a domain(www.lfsmods.net) with MySql and everything. I want to thank him very much for his support.

I also made a small update to LFS Mail, it runs more stable now.
Quote from T-RonX :Alright, I have got a master server now.

birder proved me a domain(www.lfsmods.net) with MySql and everything. I want to thank him very much for his support.

I also made a small update to LFS Mail, it runs more stable now.

ConeDodgers are only too pleased to help and hope to have LFSMail on all their servers linked to your new system shortly.

Please note that the domain was only registered a few hours ago so www.lfsmods.net will go live (forwarding to Otus.co.uk) in about 12 hours once the dns has got round the network at my hosting company.
Updated to Alpha 1.02. It's much better customizable now.

Change log:
- Added: Lot of new settings in config file
- Added: Bad language filter
- Added: More settings to customise messages
- Added: Allowed/Banned users for PM and Mail
- Added: Shift+I menu
- Added: Notification when running custom database
- Changed: Some Mail menu strings
- Chagned: Better config file structure
- Changed: Moved from temporary master server to permanent master server
- Changed: MySql library. Now supports all versions up to MySql 6 beta.
- Changed: Lot of small things
- Fixed: Player rename bug in pm menu
- Fixed: Minor bugs

Old LFS Mail clients are unable to connect to MySql due to security reasons.
Hi T-RonX, I am usin your app in my server, but it would be very well that a .txt file could be put in which the LFSMail could be translated.

I could translate it to Spanish

Thank you for this app
me like. its like PMs ingame
Hello,

I'm currently using LFS Mail on our server. It's really a brilliant addition to our server. I hope more servers will be using it soon.

Great work!
Great app! We use it on our Server (Bremskiller.de) and i installed it on Team weizen #1 too....

I hope, every Server will use this, because its so easy too let a mate know, what you want... :-)

Edit:

Somethig went wrong, when i try to run LFSLapper together with LFS Mail. Some functions like !top, !stats, !ver from LFSLapper are out of order. LFS Mail is going fine that case. Is there a solution to run both apps together?
Quote from Joker 1971 :Great app! We use it on our Server (Bremskiller.de) and i installed it on Team weizen #1 too....

I hope, every Server will use this, because its so easy too let a mate know, what you want... :-)

Edit:

Somethig went wrong, when i try to run LFSLapper together with LFS Mail. Some functions like !top, !stats, !ver from LFSLapper are out of order. LFS Mail is going fine that case. Is there a solution to run both apps together?

You can change the LFS Mail command in the config file. That might solve the problem.
Sorry bor the bump

This "LFS mail " is still working?

because i runnimg mi server dedi + LFS lapper +LFS mail

But my problem is when i start LFS mail , runs fine the first 10 secondos and shut down alone , any suggestion?
________
Na50
Quote from Inouva :Sorry bor the bump

This "LFS mail " is still working?

because i runnimg mi server dedi + LFS lapper +LFS mail

But my problem is when i start LFS mail , runs fine the first 10 secondos and shut down alone , any suggestion?

It's still working and should run without any problems.

I don't have time to fix bugs atm though. But LFS Mail needs updates and is not dead.
bump is it dead?
No, I'm currently working on LFS External. If thats done I will upgrade LFS Mail with the new library and add new features until it's finished.
Thought CTRA, CD, RR etc. would use it. Never seen any sign of a server using it. Or maybe it works silent i dont know.

Unknown = Unloved
#44 - sun
Hi people,

i have an error with LFS mail when it try's and conects to my insim.

heres the problem.

Please can someone help me ?

Regards Owen.
Congratulations, you managed to hide the vital information behind the popup :doh:
#46 - sun
ok heres all the information it says, (a better view)
#47 - sun
never mind, done it my self :chairs:
IMPORTANT:

If you use another insim app on your server that uses the prefix : !, change the LFSMail prefix to something other than ! (I recomend $)
Quote from shaun463 :IMPORTANT:

If you use another insim app on your server that uses the prefix : !, change the LFSMail prefix to something other than ! (I recomend $)

You could also try to set InSim_ShowUnknowCommand to false.
Is there any chance of declaring button ID's?

Or, a version that uses a different requid?
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463 : Funny LOL

LFS Mail
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG