So Alonso Doesn't Want To Be Hamilton's Team-mate
Hopefully not back to Renault at least... that would mean firing Kovy.
I'm utterly shocked...
Quote from deggis :Hopefully not back to Renault at least... that would mean firing Kovy.

Or Fisi? I do want Heiki to stay, I think he has much more to show.
I hope McLaren will find a way to get rid of Alonso
Renault can take him back, say bye to Fisichella and let Heiki show whos the #1 there
I heard prodrive are looking for a decentish driver. Why not keep PDLR in McLaren, and lend Alonso to a more befitting B-team.

Bit like sweeping dust under a carpet.
Quote from Evoluti0n_II :Renault can take him back, say bye to Fisichella and let Heiki show whos the #1 there

Man, if he gets topped by Kovalainen too he'll have to get a team sponsored by Kleenex or face bankruptcy.
Quote from Jertje :Or Fisi? I do want Heiki to stay, I think he has much more to show.

I think current speculation / general opinion is that Fisi's days are over anyway... Piquet Junior will take his place and if Alonso comes back, then it's goodbye to Kovy. Didn't Briatore say that Toyota has been asking about Kovy? Moving to that - the most under-performing team would be extremely bad...

Quote from xaotik :Man, if he gets topped by Kovalainen too he'll have to get a team sponsored by Kleenex or face bankruptcy.

+1 for bankruptcy
You guys should not forget that yesterday Ron Dennis announced that ProDrive will be supplied with the McFerrari chassis and Mercedes engine. That might give Alonso a place to retreat?
Quote from Belain :That might give Alonso a place to retreat?

To the B-team's (most likely) inferior car? That would be losing (more) face, no?

I'd think he'll want to keep away from any british-owned (and especially McLaren related) teams. From his statements it seems like he's fed up with the british press.
Oh Well Another Bad Looser,
Quote from xaotik :To the B-team's (most likely) inferior car? That would be losing (more) face, no?

Lose face maybe, but it's where a driver of his abilites belongs in my opinion.

It's only fair to make comparisons to a drivers teammate. Hamilton isn't bad, but neither is he a great (yet). And yet the ROOKIE is better than Alonso. I think Spyker might be a good team for him.

Like I've said before - Alonso, the most overrated world champion EVER
Quote from tristancliffe :Lose face maybe, but it's where a driver of his abilites belongs in my opinion.

It's only fair to make comparisons to a drivers teammate. Hamilton isn't bad, but neither is he a great (yet). And yet the ROOKIE is better than Alonso. I think Spyker might be a good team for him.

Like I've said before - Alonso, the most overrated world champion EVER

Well, he won Michael Schumacher twice, so according to that Schumy would be the most overrated 7 times world champion ever -lol, jk-

Anyway, consider that Alonso won with a renault, with a much smaller budget than ferrari and McLaren. Then he arrives to McLaren - team with a few years without winning - and suddenly both of their cars are at the top of the championship.... and renault goes back to the middle of the grid

That says something in favour of Alonso
#15 - axus
Quote from tristancliffe :Like I've said before - Alonso, the most overrated world champion EVER

A year ago i would have argued his case, but, after seeing his childish petulant behaviour this season i think you may be right.

------

As far as Prodrive are concerned, they've already signed up De La Rosa and Gary Paffit for next year. It's still an option for Alonso, but i doubt a newly formed team would be willing to pay his wages, or put up with his antics. But you never know.

And thats where Alonso has backed himself into a bit of a corner. He's demanding number one status in a team, but which of the top teams will give him that ?, certainly not Mclaren, Ferrari ?, they'd have to pair him alongside Massa, coz there aint no way Kimi will stand for Alonso's cocking about. Renault ?, they've made it very clear they want him, and Flavio has been saying all the right things recently. They'd have to ditch Fisi of course, but he can go to F1's retirement home and replace Ralf. However Renault seemed to have forgotten how to build a race winning car all of a sudden, would Alonso want to jump back into the midfield just to get away from Hamilton ?. And what kind of opposition would Hicky Kovalining give him ?, more of the Hamilton treatment ?

Bernie has been saying he half expects Alonso to sit out 2008 and return to Ferrari in 2009. Guess that just depends on how much Alonso hates Mclaren and Hamilton.

Unfortunately it seems his best bet if he wants to win the Championship next year is stay at Mclaren. But by all accounts he's lost a lot of respect from the engineers with some of the comments he's made this year. And more importantly, will his ego accept another beating by Hamilton.
Quote from ATic ATac :Well, he won Michael Schumacher twice, so according to that Schumy would be the most overrated 7 times world champion ever -lol, jk-

Anyway, consider that Alonso won with a renault, with a much smaller budget than ferrari and McLaren. Then he arrives to McLaren - team with a few years without winning - and suddenly both of their cars are at the top of the championship.... and renault goes back to the middle of the grid

Maybe its because Mclaren Mercedes was driving with a McFerrari chassis? ^^
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Well, the dumbest thing for him to do would get out of McCheat.
Both drivers have inflated huge egos. Renault would be an option for Alonso, but that would mean Kovalainen leaving as he said he wants equal car and services from the team and he doesn't sign a contract where he would be the second driver, not meaning he wants to be first, but equal. Alonso wants the whole team built around him, and because he doesn't get what he want he is going to hold his breath until he gets it. But that way he is probably turn blue and misses the next season.
Quote from Belain :Maybe its because Mclaren Mercedes was driving with a McFerrari chassis? ^^

Lol, maybe some improvement cames from there

The truth is that having a reliable pilot in your team motivates a lot. If you have a top rider like Alonso, Schumi, Hamilton, etc. you know that with a decent car they can win races, so everyone makes harder efforts.

There was a phrase from a McLaren engineer at the beginning of season: “I`ve learnt more about car settings in an afternoon with Alonso than in a year with Kimi”

So let´s be serious. Alonso is a genious, but looks like Hamilton is another one.
Your a bit late with figureing this out, few of us have known this since even before Spa i know i have, where ever Alonso goes i could not give a flying rats he had his chance now its over, Deal with it.
Quote from ATic ATac :Anyway, consider that Alonso won with a renault, with a much smaller budget than ferrari and McLaren. Then he arrives to McLaren - team with a few years without winning - and suddenly both of their cars are at the top of the championship.... and renault goes back to the middle of the grid

Alonso comes to McLaren and suddenly a few E-Mails caused a $100.000.000 fine and the loss of the (almost) won Constructors Championship... Good job!!
The reason for Renaults bad performacne this year is definitely NOT Alonso´s team change and i don´t think he has anything to do with Hamilton leading the Championship.

The best thing he could do next year is hiding in a trashcan
:hide:

Edit: imo Alonso is the ANTI-genious and worst loser of the year.
It's all too easy to criticise drivers in F1 because the car is the star. If someone says that driver X is getting more out of the car than he has any right to, someone else can say his team mate is under-performing. Who knows how good a car actually is compared with all the others? Nobody. Teams have to work on the assumption that their best performing driver is extracting the most from the car that anybody can, but that could mean anything. He could be the only driver in the world that could drive that car that quickly, or there could be dozens who could go faster but his team mate is even worse.

So basically you can make any hair-brained claim about someone being crap, like twice world champion Alonso, and noone can prove you wrong really. Still an absolutely insane statement though, all you can do is beat everybody else.
Quote from xaotik :Man, if he gets topped by Kovalainen too he'll have to get a team sponsored by Kleenex or face bankruptcy.

I read that as "face bankruptcy" as in bankruptcy of the face and had inexplicable lolz.

Thanks.
I would be interested to see what Renault would do with their drivers if they took Alonso back. I don't think anyone would miss Fisi (although he might get a drive with a poorer team for a year so they can pick his brains for Renault technical info), but if they're keeping Kovalainen what would they do with Piquet?

It doesn't sound like Kovalainen would be interested in driving for McLaren with Hamilton as #1, but could they farm Piquet out to McLaren for a season or two? Either way it seems they'd have three good drivers and only two cars, and I'd like to see them all in race seats next year.
Well, Fisi is the ideal team mate for Alonso because he is slow and easy to beat, an I think is still in the team only because he is Italian like Flavio.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG