The online racing simulator
Nissan teams up with MS!
(11 posts, started )
Nissan teams up with MS!
"The Register reports that Microsoft and Nissan have created the first integrated gaming system within a vehicle. Not just in the vehicle, but the vehicle becomes part of the gaming system. From the article: "Conceived by Nissan Design America Inc. (NDA) and equipped with the Xbox 360 next-generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Nissan URGE concept car allows drivers (while parked) to play 'Project Gotham Racing 3' using the car's own steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal while viewing the game on a flip-down seven-inch LCD screen," Nissan and Microsoft said in a statement." -- From slashdot.org

Hey Scawen, could you make some calls, and do the same thing?
#2 - geffb
microsoft??

hum, wouldn't like to be a passenger on that car.

One question: in case of a (rare) bug appears, you just turn off and turn on the power. handy and safe on the motorway at 100 mph
Sounds cool, a shame about the game really.
#4 - AndyC
The game is really fun actually. Obviously its not even close to becoming a sim but its still a good idea. If your dropping off some and you've got to wait for them, why not have a game of PGR3 with a real wheel and pedals?

Andy.
interesting experiment.

take the car to a track thats recreated in the game and actually drive the car round the track via the game, and see what happens illepall
Imagine the possibilites. You could have a game model the car's handling characteristics and powertrain, and with real-time GPS positioning, you, theoretically, could drive a race car around a track. This could lead to virtual racing series, using real cars on real tracks, with the drivers sitting in a room at the track, driving on a computer. Little to no risk of human injury, save for a sore a$$.
wow, I would love to drive LFS with my real life car.
Quote from StanleyCarter :wow, I would love to drive LFS with my real life car.

I would love to drive LFS cars/tracks in real life
It'd be cool Cromo really existed!
just read this, if you go to the nurburgring, then visit the museum. they have set up a bmw z4, with a projection screen in front, and you use the pedals to work it, and steer it with the wheel. unfortunatly, its automatic transmission, but my god its comfy.
ill see if i can dig up a pic

Nissan teams up with MS!
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG