The online racing simulator
[News - Brazil] LFS and LFSBR on TV and nationwide magazine
Hi folks,

It is with great pleasure that I post this topic. We, on LFSBR, were able to make contacts with a regional TV Station (reach of +- 3million ppl - Ulbra TV) and a nationwide magazine.

On the TV program, called "Ulbratech", we talked about the simulator and the brazilian League, with highlights to the "1st Bycon Challenge of Virtual Motorsports", in wic we distributed R$ 1.300,00 in prizemoney.

The story can be seen here. We will soon upload it to youtube, and Ill edit this post with the links.

Here are the links to the magazine scans:

Cover
Story

Here is a free translation to the content of the magazine:

Quote :Brazilian LFS League (LFSBR) is accepting new applications for those interested in participating on the virtual races. According to Luciano Falkowski, LFSBRs vice-president, there are four official competitions every year, with high level drivers participating. Applications should be done on www.liveforspeed.net, where you can acquire a license with an international credit card (around R$90). To be a part of LFSBR, the driver needs to go through a series of theoretical and practical tests (lfsbr.com). In july, it was held a unique event with prize money involved, and Márcio Campos (Campos_MIC) was the winner, driving Fullpower's (magazine) car.

Notes: I gave a 10 minute interview for the reporter on the phone, and she watched the program on Ulbra TV, but still put a lot of wrong data in the note. lol. Some small corrections are that applications should be done at lfsbr.com, and the license of the simulator should be aqcuired at liveforspeed.net.

But well, at least we got it going. =)

We are extremely proud, because this is a new thing in Brazil, and it is really difficult to get "PC Games" to be taken seriously.

We hope that this kind of exposure here in Brazil can help to make out comunity bigger and better!
#2 - J.B.
Sweet. I like how one of the guys says rfactor and GTR suck on live TV.
Quote from J.B. :Sweet. I like how one of the guys says rfactor and GTR suck on live TV.

He didn't actually use the word suck or actually said anything like that. What he said was that he couldn't feel the car in rf/GTR like he can in LFS which is little different. Unless your brazil is better than mine

Good job
Quote from Hyperactive :He didn't actually use the word suck or actually said anything like that. What he said was that he couldn't feel the car in rf/GTR like he can in LFS which is little different. Unless your brazil is better than mine

Good job

Portuguese
Congratulations for your league and your capsul program was one of the best.
Quote from Hyperactive :He didn't actually use the word suck or actually said anything like that. What he said was that he couldn't feel the car in rf/GTR like he can in LFS which is little different. Unless your brazil is better than mine

Good job

if you cant feel the car the "sim" sucks, if you feel it its the best "sim in the market"
#7 - SamH
Awesome coverage! WTG!!
Go Brasil!
You mean they named a country after that kind of wax?

Nice hope it gets people over there try it.
good job
Very nice to watch, excellent job getting LFS into the media

only good things can come from this kind of thing

SD.
Amazing work, guys!!!

Um abraço muito especial para os nossos "irmãos" brasileiros, e que a vossa liga corra da melhor forma. Força nisso, pessoal!!
Very nice!
Muito bom, já tinha visto quando saiu!

Great work, Falkowski!
Hope to join the league when I have the time
Well, we reached our website bandwidth limit (10GB per month). This is awesome, as we never expected to reach that kind of transfer in a month, and well, 10GB is a damn lot of data.

We hope we can have this situation solved by tomorrow at night, and we will post the video (2 parts) on youtube, so the ones who didn't have the opportunity to watch may be able to do it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

LFSBR Staff
Great show! In my opinion the perfect way of displaying the LFS scene, great job, congratulations!
Luis Gustavo = Luiggi

=)
Finally something good going on on the TV Good job guys !
Awesome job, congrats =)
If you guys need videos hosting PM me. I can allocate you a few terrabytes.
Sweet, finally some place to store some of my... wait a minute, I almost fell for that one.
It is ME on the screen!!!

God, I look great...

huehueuhehu

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG