The online racing simulator
MotoGP 07
(41 posts, started )
MotoGP 07
Today offically Casey Stoner wrapped up the World Moto Gp title

HOORAY FOR STONER!
#2 - Tango
congrats Casey,well deserved and shows that he won it on skill,not just the pace of the bike, afterall where did capirossi finish in the championship? i think he made 1 mistake all year and thats when he fell off in practice at assen !!
Tango
What was wrong with ROssi's 2nd bike? WRong front tyre?
Yup, props to Stoner, well worth getting up at 5am to watch it .

As for the other riders, there is still 3 more races to go.

Rossi's bike?, I believe it was something to do with a brake pad/disc/line on one side.
Awwwwwwwrgh! Totally forgot they were on this weeked. Rather pissed now, especially when Kallio took his first win in the 250cc.
I've never followed MotoGP or even watched a race, but I cought the last two thirds of the race tonight and loved it. Really interesting to see a new form of motorsport and for a sport that I don't follow and didn't know anything about (except Rossi's name and the odd Roy and HG rant about Stoner) it was really exciting.

Besides, it's always good to see an aussie win a world title that isn't cricket.
Stoner and Ducati definately deserved to win, but I can't help but feel cheated by the new rules that ruined the racing this year.

Its worth noting that I am a big Valentino Rossi fan, but I am a fan of racing first, I just don't like seeing people win from pole position then settle for 6th because its enough points to win the championship...stinks of Kenny Roberts Jr. I like Rossi because he always guns for the win, often on a bike that shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Go back to the bigger cc of bike, remove traction control, switch to a single tyre manufacturer, then we will see proper motoGP back.
Bah, i would've liked to see it live. The good thing is speed channel will probably show it again before the end of the week.
Whoah, havent been following MotoGP, and I normally do. Stoner won the title? Good for him. In the beginning of the season Ducatis seemed quite fast.
Yeah, despite what Stoner says i think it's fair to say he's had a bike and tyre advantage all season. But, he's shown talent and consistency so i guess he deserves the title this year.

I'm still a Rossi man through and through, i'm certain next year if they sort out the one make tyre ruling and maybe (hopefully) ditch traction control he'll be back on top.

Was really chuffed for little Loris, and was praying Guintoli was gonna take a podium spot, but for once Elias managed to resist throwing it into the scenery, (shame)
yeah that ducati is rapid, rossi lost the championship in the first half of the season and just because the yamaha was so down on straight line speed.

it would be better with a single tyre manufacturer

Grats to stoner
WD Case, great riding this year :up:

I'm not sure if it was as much down to hp as some people think though. Where was Capirossi all year? Certainly not duking it out with Stoner & Rossi at the pointy end. In Rossi's first season with Yamaha (one of the best seasons I've ever seen), the lack of top speed didn't stop Rossi blasting the muscled-up Hondas & everyone else off the track ...

The Duke's always been quick in a straight line but this year they finally sorted the handling out and made a great package, which Casey was involved in developing. I guess the rest of the field just have some catching up to do now in the hp department. Next year should be very interesting - bring on the control tyres

As for "proper" MotoGP, I don't see what displacement has to do with it. The 800s were quicker this year than anything before them (and they sound brilliant too ). I'm fine with leaving 1000cc to the SBK guys.
GO CASEY!!!

fantastic job all year, you the man!

MotoGp is not a control class,Ducati had the best package all year
Its up to the other teams to lift not the other way around,we have seen dominance before this season was no different.

Being a long time Rossi fan i have to say i,m torn to see him go down though...
Anything interesting happened in 125cc and 250cc classes?
Quote from Mazz4200 :Yeah, despite what Stoner says i think it's fair to say he's had a bike and tyre advantage all season. But, he's shown talent and consistency so i guess he deserves the title this year.

Explain why the other riders with the same bike/tyre combination didn't win by miles then?
Very interesting season and congrats to Stoner for his awesome driving!
However i dont like this new 800cc formula, they seem to "drive" like 250cc rather than powerful 1000. That's why some of the good pilots didnt had feeling for the new bikes, and traction control is really huge. (on camera car you can see pilots giving gas in a quick and insensate manner, if you dont have a good traction control that will result in killing yourself on a 230hp bike...). The old 1000cc were a bit more selective, and the old 500cc two strokes were REALLY selective with a power curve like: gas... nothing... nothing... nothing... boom!200hp! (does someone remember McCoy making big slides (drifting) with the 500cc? He was really mad!)
I would like to see no traction control, that would make more difference and separate good pilots and real champions.
Let's see if next year Rossi can transform the m1, Stoner make Ducati even better and... Capirossi help Suzuki make a good bike. And Nakano express finally his talent with a good bike!

Oh and Michelin make competitive tires in at least half of the races...
Quote from danowat :Explain why the other riders with the same bike/tyre combination didn't win by miles then?

For much the same reason Rossi has been at the sharp end all season and poor old Colin and the customer Yamaha team has been struggling to get into the top ten, talent.

As much as i like Loris (and Colin for that matter) i think you have to admit that his age is starting to catch up to him and his best years in MotoGP are probably behind him. And Stoner's only 21 and fearless.

As for D'antin (spelling ?) the customer team, with Barros and Hoffman or whoever his replacement is. Well, lets be honest, they're not the quickest guys in the field. And as for the support they get from Ducati ??. With Ducati being such a small team themselves with limited resources and funds i'm not sure how much assistance they are willing or are able to give to a customer team.

p.s Loris did win by miles yesterday
Which was my point, it's wasn't down to the bike, on the right day, in the right conditions, Rossi, Hayden, Pedrossa et al were/are more than a match for the factory Ducati.

Stoner has been a magnificent rider all season, would he have done the same on a different bike?, you can't be sure, but I reckon he would be in a similar position.
Yeah, there's no doubt Stoner's a good rider, but the differences between the Dukes and the other bikes is a different subject entirely. We have to factor in the Desdemonic (spelling ?) valve system, the wheelbase, the aerodynamics, the traction control, the chassis, and how the whole package uses the tyres.

Honda have admitted they made a complete balls up of the direction they took the new bike in, and Yamaha have been struggling with vibration, stability, grip and a (relatively) low top speed all season.

The tyre ruling of picking a tyre after practice and sticking with it the whole weekend proved to cause problems for Yamaha/Michelin until a couple of races ago when they dropped the ruling.

The real question is, both Rossi and Stoner on a factory Ducati, who'd win ? I know who i'd put my money on
You could argue the desmo system has been the "killer app" this season, however, the new pneumatic valve engines should take any advantage the desmo system did have originally, Suzuki and Kawasaki have used pneumatic valve engines for a while now, and Yamaha have had theres for a few rounds now.

Honda did balls up this season, which is ironic because it was Honda who wanted the 800cc rules in the first place.
Congrats to casey, nice to see a kid beat rossi after watching him in 125cc british series 7 yrs ago
yes the tyres have let rossi, hayden and dani down this season but was awesome to see sylvain get them dunlops up there too
lets bring on next season with some brits in the series
Quote from detail :Anything interesting happened in 125cc and 250cc classes?

oh yes young british talent is coming tho them series bradley has a full work repsol next year and laverty needs a decent bike too.
not forgetting dan linfoot and danny webb
!! GO brits GO !!
Quote from danowat :Honda did balls up this season, which is ironic because it was Honda who wanted the 800cc rules in the first place.

Lol, yeah, i can't help but laugh at that. And if i remember, Rossi was initially a big fan of that tyre ruling too.

To be honest i haven't really studied the pneumatic valve system too closely (probably would'nt understand it anyway) But you have to admit the desmo system is a nigh on perfect way to move the valves in a race engine, so simple yet so effective. I can imagine the pneumatic system needs a lot of extra bits and pieces to keep it going (surely it's more complex than a rubber pipe filled with oil ?)

But i noticed you rather skillfully avoided the question Dan

Rossi and Stoner on the same bike ?
Rossi and Stoner on the same bike?.

Now, Stoner, a few years ago Rossi, IMO Rossi is past his best.
I dont really know of the in's and out's of the pnuematic valve system, but I am lead to believe its a nitrogen charged system that operates the valves, doing away with the valve springs (which we all know are a big problem is high revving engines), as the desmo system does, but the desmo system is mechanical.

On paper I would expect the pnuematic system to be better, because of the mechanical losses involved with the desmo system, but I can imagine it's a complete PITA to get a pnuematic system working correctly.

If anyone finds any nice tech info about the pneumatic system, I would be interested to see it

MotoGP 07
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG