The online racing simulator
RC Nitro Car record
(27 posts, started )
RC Nitro Car record
Holy shit, he want that one to go 150 mph o_O!!
silly idea
if im not mistaken the current record is held by a electric car which is much better suited for these things
Sounds like a car from LFS. That wasn't a compliment.

I wonder how much it would hurt to get nailed in the ankle by that thing.
Quote from spankmeyer :

that wouldnt just hurt a little...it would shatter ur foot.
You would want to makes sure the transmitter and receiver batteries are charged properly!!
Quote from mrfell :You would want to makes sure the transmitter and receiver batteries are charged properly!!

Why is that? Doesn't the car just cut off once there is no signal?

Anyway. Can't watch that video very well, I see the picture but only hear sounds every 10 seconds.
#8 - sam93
Quote from spankmeyer :Sounds like a car from LFS. That wasn't a compliment.

It would proberly break your foot because I have 2 one what does 80mph and one what does 50mph and I had my 50mph one out and it was going about 5-10mph when I was going to re fuel it and it hit my ankle when i was talking to someone when it was coming in and it didn't half hurt my foot.
#9 - sam93
Quote from Blackout :Why is that? Doesn't the car just cut off once there is no signal?

Anyway. Can't watch that video very well, I see the picture but only hear sounds every 10 seconds.

It will only cut out if it has a fail switch what makes sure the car doesn't go out of control when the batteries in the transmitter or receiver run out.
id love to run over that and do a burnout on it in a old muscle car , the noice them little cars make annoys the hell out of me
Quote from Blackout :Why is that? Doesn't the car just cut off once there is no signal?

nah the most likely thing to happen without any juice left in the reciever batteries is that the servos stick in whatever position they are when the batterie fails
since murphy applies in these cases this means the car will be stuck in full throttle

the batteries and motor are appart, the control makes the battery and electrical system work, and that electrical system makes the car steer and move, an analogy, a man pushes the pedal, the car moves, thats the way the electrical system makes it move, but if the man pushes out his feet from the pedal, the car keeps moving until it goes to 0kmh... the same way here, the control shuts off the car keeps moving..... and u dont want it to keep moving without steer, and brakes
Quote from theirishnoob :id love to run over that and do a burnout on it in a old muscle car , the noice them little cars make annoys the hell out of me

You wouldn't be able to keep up!
I'd have thought for a record attempt making a car capable of mounting a couple 3.5 brushless motors would have been a much better idea. Those things don't half move and the acceleration would be killer.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OX2rgz6fB9s - 16 sec laps around our track with an average speed of approx 33mph
Little 3.5 wind motors wouldn't be much good for speed runs - a higher wind means you can run more voltage to achieve the same RPM (shouldn't run most brushless motors past 65,000RPM, with ~40,000RPM being the most efficient spot for 2 pole motors), giving more available power, so you can gear better.

I have a little project car I've thought of doing some speed runs with. Its a nitro RC10GT converted to electric using my own custom parts, with a 540-L brushless motor thrown in. The special battery mounts allow upto 12 cells flat on the chassis, or 16 layered. Thats a LOT of power for a 3KG truck. Enough to backflip at 40mph if your not careful. In theory with the correct setup it has the power for 80-90mph.
3kg ? youd better get rid of those useless nmhis and go lipo (16 lipo cells would offer some serious power )
now that is cool
aww my nitro car only goes 60 km/h
Quote from mcintyrej :You wouldn't be able to keep up!

im pretty sure the fat blad guy cant run fast
Quote from Blackout :Anyway. Can't watch that video very well, I see the picture but only hear sounds every 10 seconds.

BBC vids only work in Britain - or at least i thought so until everyone else could see it from other countries. If anything, that'll be the reason.
Quote from sam93 :It will only cut out if it has a fail switch what makes sure the car doesn't go out of control when the batteries in the transmitter or receiver run out.

its called a fail safe...and it doesn't cut the engine, it just lets go of the accellarate...like your doing nothing. Unfotunately, i thought mine did have a fail safe...and it kind of ran out of range in the park and went over a jump at about 60-70mph and went straight through a wooden fence, the engine nearly blew up too...was on full for like 20 seconds, not good for the engine
In a gp r/c car the failsafe reverse the signal for the gas. So the servo starts to brake the car. An absolutly must in a /c car imo.

I use an ANSMANN Racing Failsafe. Always works.
I remember seeing something a while ago kind of like control-line R/C aircraft but with cars. The car was fixed by a wire to a pivot and ran on a circular track. They were getting those up to several hundred mph, but I can't remember what they called it to look it up.
Quote from keiran :
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OX2rgz6fB9s - 16 sec laps around our track with an average speed of approx 33mph

Oohhh nice, very nice. Man, I miss R/C, though I've never raced. I haven't had my car on a track in years. (Tamiya TA04 Pro, don't laugh yes I know it's old and not hardcore enough)

I have a question though, do you guys regularly brake for corners? And if so, is it anything like braking in full size? As in, brake straight, trail brake, turn. Since my own car is so slow I have never had to brake. Just wondering what the proper technique is.

RC Nitro Car record
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG